Playing on 100% difficulty is WIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Captain_Octavius said:
sgtsniper said:
Durf said:
I play with all the damage reduced much as possible and I love it.  I also edit the experience multiplier for my companions to increase their exp gain by about 10 times so that they are all like level 30 about a hundred days in

how??

Open the Module.ini in the module folder you play, and find these lines:

player_xp_multiplier  = 2.0;
hero_xp_multiplier    = 2.0;
regulars_xp_multiplier = 3.0;

Pretty straightforward I guess, change the second line number from 2.0 to 20.0 and your companions level 10 times faster.

MatthaisRagnarsson said:
I TRIED normal damage...for 10 minutes.  I guess it would've been fun if I actually ENJOYED getting instantly killed whenever I got within two hundred yards of an enemy with a throwing weapon (which, apparently were the cruise missiles of the middle ages), or spending a good portion of my time getting dragged around the map.
My problem is, I like actually having a chance.

Full damage kinda forces you to use a shield, true. You have to adjust your playstyle and be a bit more careful, but it's not like it's impossible to stay alive. You shouldn't be the first one to charge, and once you charge the enemy you got to keep your shield up and faced to your closest enemies whenever you are not swinging your weapon. Don't spam, aim your attacks carefuly, so that the risk of lowering your shield is actually worth it.

<3

sgtsniper said:
Captain_Octavius said:
sgtsniper said:
Durf said:
I play with all the damage reduced much as possible and I love it.  I also edit the experience multiplier for my companions to increase their exp gain by about 10 times so that they are all like level 30 about a hundred days in

how??

Pretty straightforward I guess, change the second line number from 2.0 to 20.0 and your companions level 10 times faster.

MatthaisRagnarsson said:
I TRIED normal damage...for 10 minutes.  I guess it would've been fun if I actually ENJOYED getting instantly killed whenever I got within two hundred yards of an enemy with a throwing weapon (which, apparently were the cruise missiles of the middle ages), or spending a good portion of my time getting dragged around the map.

Full damage kinda forces you to use a shield, true. You have to adjust your playstyle and be a bit more careful, but it's not like it's impossible to stay alive. You shouldn't be the first one to charge, and once you charge the enemy you got to keep your shield up and faced to your closest enemies whenever you are not swinging your weapon. Don't spam, aim your attacks carefuly, so that the risk of lowering your shield is actually worth it.

<3
</3

It's not impossible to stay alive. I've actually not been hit with a heat-seeking missile thrown weapon in a long time. The key is to keep moving and, often, carry a shield.

Captain_Octavius said:
sgtsniper said:
Durf said:

how??

MatthaisRagnarsson said:

Thanks for the Hero tip, if I wanted heros to level faster but not too fast what would be a good setting? I am thinking 4X faster so that they might keep up with me.

I never use a shield, 300 Battle size, Normal damage to all, good AI on both settings, but I do use auto block, I think I have like 102% dif.

Lol, I almost always stand in front of my troops, the only time I am behind them is in a siege or against sea raiders, my elite nord shield men are pretty good at covering me in that case.

I pretty much do exactly the opposite of what you do, I am first in followed by my heroes and I normally take 2-3 out in quick succession before I have to slow down.

I have around 60-70 HP and 6/6 power strike and I.F and use a great long axe (pole arm and 2hd) in 2hd mode.

My current guy has never used a shield outside a tourny.

When i started I used sea raider armor, then moved up to a coat of plates and now I have that fancy armor that the swadian knights wear.
When i had my coat of plates armor I normally only took 5-10 damage from a arrow and a little more from a thrown weapon. Rocks did 0 damage as did many low level enemys like looters, my new armor looks ever better and works a little better.

i also use Thick great helm and thick plate boots with gauntlets.

Funnily enough the difficulty rating has nothing to do with the game options. It measures your penis size, and the smaller it is the higher the percentage value it gives you to compensate.

Archonsod said:
Funnily enough the difficulty rating has nothing to do with the game options. It measures your penis size, and the smaller it is the higher the percentage value it gives you to compensate.

Screenshots or it's a lie.

what I think is the only problem with having on full damage to the player, is that you cant charge so hard in as you can on lower settings. You have to avoid getting overrun and just pick off stray enemies to make sure you dont die. However, there are lots of mods (atleast in previous versions) where knocked out player doesnt mean retreat unless you choose so. That is a much better solution because then charging foolishly in isnt that stupid.

Archonsod said:

You're wrong. Everybody who plays on high difficulty are awesome computer gods and should be referred to as ninjas and/or wizards by the rest of us. You guys rock and I wish I could worship you all in person!

Hidziro said:
Can anybody say what does battle speed? Becouse i dont see any diferences between normal and fastest

Bots swing faster which makes them slightly more difficult particularly when they mob you. But as you mention it's barely noticeable.

Durf said:

Yeah one of the only things would want to make easier about Warband is the speed you level at. Now I know how, thanks.

Titan357 said:
Captain_Octavius said:
sgtsniper said:
Durf said:

how??

MatthaisRagnarsson said:

Thanks for the Hero tip, if I wanted heros to level faster but not too fast what would be a good setting? I am thinking 4X faster so that they might keep up with me.

I never use a shield, 300 Battle size, Normal damage to all, good AI on both settings, but I do use auto block, I think I have like 102% dif.

Lol, I almost always stand in front of my troops, the only time I am behind them is in a siege or against sea raiders, my elite nord shield men are pretty good at covering me in that case.

I pretty much do exactly the opposite of what you do, I am first in followed by my heroes and I normally take 2-3 out in quick succession before I have to slow down.

I have around 60-70 HP and 6/6 power strike and I.F and use a great long axe (pole arm and 2hd) in 2hd mode.

My current guy has never used a shield outside a tourny.

When i started I used sea raider armor, then moved up to a coat of plates and now I have that fancy armor that the swadian knights wear.
When i had my coat of plates armor I normally only took 5-10 damage from a arrow and a little more from a thrown weapon. Rocks did 0 damage as did many low level enemys like looters, my new armor looks ever better and works a little better.

i also use Thick great helm and thick plate boots with gauntlets.

Well I myself use a shield most of the time, but that's mostly because the heaviest armor I wear is a Cuir Bouilli, Nordic Warlord Helmet, and Steel Gauntlets and Greaves, and I ony have about 55 health. And I do use and Large Poleaxe sometimes, but when I do I have to have Auto-Block on.

I've never used lower damage, always keep that on normal. It can be a pain in the arse sometimes, but I never have trouble with rocks or archers (in open field battles), I find if you gallop around them at a certain range they always miss, and eventually an opportunity to swoop in and strike will present itself. Javelins on the other hand, not so much from sea raiders, but those god damned Taiga bandits, are absolutely diabolical. I took one in the face whilst galloping towards a group of them at full speed on a Courser, took about 90 damage, and that was with a Thick Guard Helmet (47 or 49 defense).

Aside from that, I've started playing on "Realistic" where I can't save and load whenever I want to. It can be extraordinarily frustrating at times, but it makes me play more carefully and think more in battles, which is fun.

Blocks are on automatic, and I can only manage 100 battle size without lag/lockups, so overall I get about 68% difficulty. Even if some of you consider that easy, I still die a lot, especially in sieges, and especially when defending in sieges. Arrows seem to find my head even when I'm stood behind the walls. I think the Khergits have mastered the art of firing in to the air, over the wall,  and landing an arrow directly on to your skull. Either that or they've been buying the latest in US military technorogy. Sattelite guided arrowheads, with heat seeking backup array should there be interference from the satellite.

i play normal damage aswell.

personally I like the fact, that my character is not such an uber-super-duper-mega-hero. fighting against 2-3 enemies at once might turn out in my favour, but if they are more than that (depending on wich troops of course) I'm usually screwed. The way I see it, that's how it should be.

As for those headshots from time to time - true - it's annoying, but usually I have a second chance to fight again. That time I take much more care, and focus on staying alive instead of doing much damage. Fine with me aswell...  why should only enemies be killed by a single headshot - it should happen to you too... (at least I don't see an argument why it shouldnt happen)

Getting headshotted like that usually means your army gets wiped out too due to autocalc, the bots wont suddently start sucking just because you took out a Lord.

bobthehero said:
Getting headshotted like that usually means your army gets wiped out too due to autocalc, the bots wont suddently start sucking just because you took out a Lord.

You can always download the Custom Commander mod. It makes it so when you go down your troops continue to fight.

Kenkage said:
bobthehero said:

You can always download the Custom Commander mod. It makes it so when you go down your troops continue to fight.

Or just Diplomacy 2.8, which does the same nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom