SP - General Players should be able to change production of owned villages

Users who are viewing this thread

Players should be able to change production of owned villages even if it comes at a hefty cost to make it happen. Maybe with some limitations or at least incredibly high cost to make more desired production happen, perhaps even required perk for more desired productions.

Some of the cities I own have absolutely dreadful village production and I am a bit disappointed in that. For example in my world villages around Ostican which I love the location of produce 1x fish and 2x fur which means I can not build a single workshop there for these products and that is disappointing.

These factors should not depend on perk or similar nonsense but on a distribution of resources in the field.
Is there a forest nearby? => Hunting and wood.
Is there a sea? => Fish
Is there a free but green area? => pastures, wool etc ..
If a RESOURCE IS MISSING in a zone, is there a way to "make it appear"?
For example, if in an area there is no iron deposit in the open, but the iron is present in the subsoil (because in that area of the map the developers have assigned a positive deposit value but underground), there is a way to spend time and manpower to get people to dig and find the deposit?
Clearly the various areas of the map will have a deposit of different sizes (some areas of the map where it is convenient to start the work and others not) (clearly the deposit will be small and will have to expand, so initially it will have to have a low yield and will require investments).

I don't like changing the type of production without taking into account natural resources or because "the perk makes you do magic".

Unfortunately this doesnt make sense realistically and would be bad for balance.
In terms of realism people in this time frame only traveled a very small distance from home so anything they wanted to harvest to sell must be very close to home. A village cant produce fish without a sea, ore without a mountain, wood without a forest, grain without good farmland.

In terms of game balance, you would just set every one of your villages to producing grain and get 10k+ prosperity towns.

So I can tell a wood producing village to replace all its trees with mines so it can start producing silver?

Pretty sure natural resources don't work that way.

I would like to make prosperous villages produce multiple rawmaterials.

I picture 4 tiers. When your village enters a new tier of prosperity, it starts producing something new, alongside what it currently produces. The procuction pace is ofc slower the higher level the production item is. Also, the lower levels slows down a bit when a new production is starting.

I do like the whole stair to be pretty much pre-defined though.... For balance.

Buildings in linked town/castle can focus on different tiers.

Where these tiers are I can's set. But 2 is unlocked quite easely and 4 takes ages to go back to from looted state

1. Basic food (Grain, Fish, Olives etc) - All villages should produce food to cover the needs of itself and the linked town/castle(together with the other linked villages)!
2. Basic raw-material/food surplus(Flax, Wood, Stone, more food - another source etc)
3a. Horses
3b. Cows, Pigs, Cheep etc
3c. Advanced Raw-materials(Iron, Copper etc) - If Applicable
4a. Warhorses
4ba. Processed food(Butter, Chease, Meat etc )
4bb. Processed tradegoods(Wool, Leather etc)
4c. Precious metals(Silver, gold etc) - (Only via events. Just because your village is doing good, the mountans does not contain precious metals)

Back
Top Bottom