Player's party auto-moves toward forming army

Users who are viewing this thread

Thought about posting in the Support forums, but I don't think this is a "bug" per se, it seems an intended feature. Either way, it's quite annoying.

Situation: Am a faction vassal. Another faction lord forms an army. Now my party stops whatever else it was doing and starts moving toward that army to join. I assume this is meant to reflect that lord has called me to join, the same way that I spend influence to call other lords when forming my own army. Most of the time, I don't want to join that army, of course. I have to quickly issue another movement order to countermand, and go back to what I was doing. A minor annoyance, but can live with that, at least for a while during EA.

The real problem (and what almost certainly is an unintended bug), however, occurs when I'm waiting somewhere, like healing up or gaining smithy stamina in a town, or waiting for nightfall to attack Army of Poachers, etc etc. If a faction army forms then, my party likewise starts moving toward the army just as described above. Except...the view on my monitor screen remains on the settlement, as if I'm still waiting there. Depending on how long I wait, when I finally leave town, my party might be halfway across the map, having moved far without me seeing it.

I'm now attuned to it and know that any time an army forms, I have to jump out of the settlement real fast and arrest my party's unwanted movement. But c'mon, this can't really be how you guys want this mechanic to work, is it?

First noticed this happening during beta e1.1.0.

Solution:

If it is intended to retain this mechanic, at very least end the Wait period, and take the view out of settlement back to the campaign map, so the player sees his/her party moving.

A much better solution would be to just junk this mechanic entirely, and not force auto-move toward a forming army at all. The notification that an army is forming is plenty enough; if I want to go join it, then I'll do so. I don't need/want the game moving my party for me under this or any other circumstances.

(edit: I now see I probably should've posted this in Feedback & Suggestions subforum. Moderator please move if deemed appropriate).

Last edited:
Bumping this topic because it's still occurring almost a month and several patches later. TBH, I'm mildly surprised that I've never seen anyone else mention this; makes me wonder if it's a rare bug that doesn't happen to most players?

I encountered this when I tried a female run and married a lord. When he was in my party, this would happen. I'm assuming he got called into a forming army and that took control of my party.

I noticed that when it happens to me its only when my Wife (Ira) is in my party, seems like shes running to the cause while we jerk off in town

It only happens when you have a spouse that is also a vassal. Your vassalized wife is answering the form army call and dragging you and your party along for the ride. This is a bug and should be reported as such.

Bumping this topic because it's still occurring almost a month and several patches later. TBH, I'm mildly surprised that I've never seen anyone else mention this; makes me wonder if it's a rare bug that doesn't happen to most players?
I've noticed this since I bought the game and it's still happening in my current playthrough on 1.3 beta.

It's super annoying and I hope it's removed from the game.

It only happens when you have a spouse that is also a vassal. Your vassalized wife is answering the form army call and dragging you and your party along for the ride. This is a bug and should be reported as such.
Ah that makes sense, I always have my wife in my party as the quartermaster.

I've been having this, I thought it was a buggy mod or something as it only started recently, but I was tutoring a lord for the first time so I guess that could have been it.

Hmm, that's an interesting factor, I hadn't thought of that as the cause. Doesn't change my opinion; ought to be removed. After all, spouse in party (or tutored lord, for that matter) isn't the party leader.

It was mentioned by me and a lot of other players but we called it "teleportation"

If you are in a castle/city you teleport if time passes in wait then you leave the city.
It appears to call your spouse who is in your party triggering to to path to the army.
Only occurs with a spouse in party.

Back
Top Bottom