SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Player's kingdom banners multiplication

Users who are viewing this thread

I noticed an interesting flaw. As you probably know, the game offers you an ability to create more than one player's kingdom. The problem is the following: when a player leaves the own created kingdom (and, consequently, the losses of the ruler's status), the banner of the new ruler becomes the same as that of the player's clan. And it does not matter whether the player is in some other kingdom, is a free clan or has already created a new kingdom. I had a situation when I had 5 different new states on the map, created by myself, with the same banners for all the ruling clans. This, by the way, causes difficulties with other factions' caravans and peasants holding "your" banner when walking around the world map.

I think this is a minor flaw, but it would be good to fix it so as it causes a feeling of game design incompleteness.

This would be because of the following; by default the game differs between clan banner and kingdom banner.
This system is in place in order for kingdoms to retain their respective banners no matter the clan that is leading it. All the starting ruling clans have their "sleeper" banners of their own clan, which is only shown if they lose rulership.
For the player it is different as the game assumes your clan banner to be your kingdom banner as well.
For circumventing this i would suggest changing your banner right before making a new faction, and then change it back to what it was before. I myself haven't tried this and am really curious if the kingdom banner will remaim the same or change alongside your clan banner while you are ruler.

This would be because of the following; by default the game differs between clan banner and kingdom banner.
This system is in place in order for kingdoms to retain their respective banners no matter the clan that is leading it. All the starting ruling clans have their "sleeper" banners of their own clan, which is only shown if they lose rulership.
For the player it is different as the game assumes your clan banner to be your kingdom banner as well.
For circumventing this i would suggest changing your banner right before making a new faction, and then change it back to what it was before. I myself haven't tried this and am really curious if the kingdom banner will remain the same or change alongside your clan banner while you are ruler.
When I change my banner after creating a new state, my former player states rulers' banners change the same way.

Nevertheless, I think, that it will be better, if the player kingdom's banner anchors and stays the same all the time

Back
Top Bottom