Players admit to using macros in MP

Users who are viewing this thread

There is a steam discussion about it here:

Clearly, it is cheating, but I thought I should post it here, so devs can see that a good amount of players seem to think its okay to use 3rd party aids.

Games like Mordhau and chivalry allow you to bind each attack/block to separate keys but afaik you can do so in the options menu. Because you'd need to use 3rd party programs it should be considered cheating imo.

Games like Mordhau and chivalry allow to bind each attack/block to separate keys but afaik you can do so in the options menu.
That isn't what Im talking about, no one gets a macro program to simply rebind keys, like you said, that can be done in game. A macro allows you to string multiple functions onto 1 keypress, effectively removing steps from a process. Making blocking easier for example, making macros that do a mouse movement plus a block when you press 1.

How does macro make blocking easier? You can make a key for every block direction but then have to memorize the keys and still hit them in the right sequence. I find it much easier just to learn how to do it manually. The one exception is attack chaining, I have played vs some people in MP that seem to have attacks at a machine gun pace- faster than any Champion bot I faced in SP- no idea how they are doing that.

The attacks aren't spammed from a single direction either but left, over, left, right, etc. I could see a macro making a huge difference there. Just keep your avatar moving in while the attacks chain- you can interrupt to block if you mess up but usually once you get into a flow that stun/knocks the other player into guard mode you got a guaranteed kill 1 v 1.

How does macro make blocking easier? You can make a key for every block direction but then have to memorize the keys and still hit them in the right sequence. I find it much easier just to learn how to do it manually. The one exception is attack chaining, I have played vs some people in MP that seem to have attacks at a machine gun pace- faster than any Champion bot I faced in SP- no idea how they are doing that.

The attacks aren't spammed from a single direction either but left, over, left, right, etc. I could see a macro making a huge difference there. Just keep your avatar moving in while the attacks chain- you can interrupt to block if you mess up but usually once you get into a flow that stun/knocks the other player into guard mode you got a guaranteed kill 1 v 1.
I think you just answered your own question

Some people did use macros for feints back in Warband (they'd press a button for a series of really fast, intricate feints), but those cases were rare and usually these things are an impediment to skilled players. It's unlikely you'll ever get someone have a serious advantage by using a macro.

Back
Top Bottom