Playerbase shrinking rapidly -10% in the last month

Users who are viewing this thread

If you think a game that has dropped from 248,216 players at its peak to 14,223 in the last 24 hours in roughly 8 months doesn't have any fundamental issues, you are deluded. These issues won't get fixed until TaleWorlds change their attitude. TaleWorlds won't change their attitude until they run out of money. Wait until TaleWorlds runs out of money. ?

That would not surprise me that Warband is most played than Bannerlord soon... I don't think Taleworlds will run out of money fast the company is multimillionaire. I wait another company copy them :xf-tongue:.

Everybody waits for the new patch so they can start a new campaign, 1.5.6 adds zero content, it just fixes things in balancing. I am waiting for actual immersion with other NPC nobles in the game and perhaps smithy fixes. The funny thing with companions is, they might as well have the exact same names every play through, they are the exact same templates every time.

I would play but what is the point in playing until some significant changes are made? I suspect there are a lot of other people that are feeling the same way. If mexxico is correct then 1.5.7 should be a good one, but I'll wait and see before I dip back in.

The EA was a marketing hoaxe, the game was sold at the normal price, nothing different from buying a game as a final product.Taleworlds is completely lost, with no propose and without defined objectives, I don't think the game will evolve much more from this moment on. That's why I think that only modders could save this game

I have the feeling that numbers will get increased a bit after the 1.5.6 patch, because some players are waiting for this patch to start a new campaign. It looks like some relevant things will get addressed in that patch like snowballing.

I am personally impatiently waiting for this patch and for a fix for OP ranged units to play again.

We hope for a new meaningfull update every time but..

And things getting adressed is great, snowballing being fixed awesome, but there is so much missing. Im glad theyre fixing the couple of things that are in the game. But I'd much rather they'd also add a couple of new things. As, I gather, much of us do here.

They either released the game into EA too soon or they're updating too slow. But they did release EA, so they're gonna have to up their game (both literally and figuratively).

And if its gonna be patch after patch after patch with balancing issues and bug fixes the player count will just keep dwindling. And then by the time the game will be worth playing people wouldn't even care anymore because the next big game will be there.

The EA was a marketing hoaxe, the game was sold at the normal price, nothing different from buying a game as a final product.Taleworlds is completely lost, with no propose and without defined objectives, I don't think the game will evolve much more from this moment on. That's why I think that only modders could save this game
I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that they are withholding custom servers for what could be another year or 2 on the MP side. that puts a stop to any substantial multiplayer mods coming out in the next few YEARS. The documentation for the mod tools is so lackluster too. The writings been on the wall for half a decade now, honestly feel dumb for falling for this trap

*bringing up multiplayer since I'm more familiar with that, got bored of SP very quickly after due to how much content was missing that even warband had

Last edited:
If you think a game that has dropped from 248,216 players at its peak to 14,223 in the last 24 hours in roughly 8 months doesn't have any fundamental issues, you are deluded. These issues won't get fixed until TaleWorlds change their attitude. TaleWorlds won't change their attitude until they run out of money. Wait until TaleWorlds runs out of money. ?
I doubt they will run out of money anytime soon the game sold really well

I think that, like a number of recent threads, it tries to spur TW into action. The lack of communication is really flaggerbasting.

It does feel like an echo chamber in here. I remember when I first signed up last week I was excited to share some thoughts and ideas after about 400 hours of playing. Dead silence other than the bug reports section. It robbed me of my enthusiasm really quick.

It does feel like an echo chamber in here. I remember when I first signed up last week I was excited to share some thoughts and ideas after about 400 hours of playing. Dead silence other than the bug reports section. It robbed me of my enthusiasm really quick.
Welcome to the forums... They are great :LOL:

I will add to the topic that I think the playerbase is shrinking because of how early access this early access is. Sometimes a hotfix will break something in your game. We were all begging to play this game, though. So I won't complain too much. But it really pulled back the curtains on how much BS TaleWorld was mixing in with the hype. The press previews look much better than the current product, and they were builds from 2018.

But yeah, TW devs are ghosts around here. If you don't speak with a person then after a while they become a stranger. Whereas mixing with the community would create bonds and there would be less animosity because the target of your criticism is someone you've had conversations with.

Y'all need to chill out, and get a life. This is a VIDEO GAME we are talking about here.

The detail one could go into that would paint a clear picture of how ridiculous your post is wouldn't be worth the effort. As your simple thinking shows, not only would a quickly-thought of semi-intelligent response be disproportionate to your efforts, but it would go over your head anyways.

"Get a life," says the guy with 437 posts and 3 days online in a row. C'mon dude, do you not own a mirror?

If you see my history in my comment you will see the evolution from a hopeful person that trusts the company into a devoid of life user and I'm fully aware of how uncivil I am, not something I'm proud of, but when a company slaps you in the face it's the only thing you can do. I'm about to delete my account to make it better for everyone, but TW can suck a big dong, they didn't deserved my money

of how uncivil I am, not something I'm proud of
No need to apologize for that, its not like TW did anything to cheer up or keep their fans motivated. We went from Daily patches (that were a bit too much) to one every ~30-35 days. But the stuff that came with those patches is exactly the same. Just bugfixes that rarely anyone ever encounters.
But the big stuff that is in the game for 9 months, actual gamebreaking things are still in the game.
@Blood Gryphon posted a nice list of what content they promised to add to the game in another thread. Looking at it, and looking how far we are into EA i highly doubt that we will see just 10% of what is named in that list, but i might be wrong, i might not be idk. No one knows because TW does not talk to us.
At some point i was even convinced that this is not even their own official Forum for their games, i legit thougt this is just some fanpage because i could not believe how little a developer knows how to communicate

Back
Top Bottom