Playerbase shrinking rapidly -10% in the last month

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know why anyone is concerned about how much people play a game that's in Beta. It's Beta.

We all play the game. We know it's not finished yet.

The only stats that matter are the ones that show how much the finished game is played. The rest are meaningless.

Last edited:
The only stats that matter are the ones that show how much the finished game is played. The rest are meaningless.
Not quite true, take a look at other games, the less interest in a beta is the less interest will be there when the game is finished.
And Bannerlord misses one extremely important part of Advertisement nowadays, and that is Streaming. This game has not really any big Streaming qualities, therefore a large portion of people won't even realize that this game even exists.
So the people who bought the game initially largely quit the game, new ones will not be easy to get in a big quantitiy.
And most people i know quit the game because of TWs way of work.

I myself just always load the newest patch, hoping to find something new in it just to be disappointed again.

Not quite true, take a look at other games, the less interest in a beta is the less interest will be there when the game is finished.
And Bannerlord misses one extremely important part of Advertisement nowadays, and that is Streaming. This game has not really any big Streaming qualities, therefore a large portion of people won't even realize that this game even exists.
So the people who bought the game initially largely quit the game, new ones will not be easy to get in a big quantitiy.
And most people i know quit the game because of TWs way of work.

I myself just always load the newest patch, hoping to find something new in it just to be disappointed again.

Mount and Blade Warband was a buggy, mess of a niche product as well. It didn't start to shine until years after it launched, when the modding community helped pushed it forward. I didn't play a Mount and Blade game until VC. I'm not going to forget how good VC was because I'm playing the Bannerlord beta and a bunch of people are posting meaningless stats about the participation level in this beta.

Following and posting beta stats, like it's going to effect the future of the company, is drama queen nonsense. Everyone in Beta has already paid full price. Trying to keep beta guys playing more frequently is a complete waste of time.

They made VC. I'm pretty sure this will be better than VC by launch date. I'm 100 percent confident it will be better after the mod community gets ahold of it.

They made VC
And that is where you are wrong, VC was not made by TW but by a Modder Team. TW just paid them to do so. I think their mod was originally called Brytenwald or so. Even the Steam description states that. Which says a lot that the most beloved entry in their IP is not even made by them.
Its the same with Fallout and Bethesda, the favorite title of that IP is New Vegas which is not made by Bethesda.

And that is also one of the reasons why Bannerlord is such a massive Failure, they had almost a decade of free market research on their Hands. What mods were famous and which weren't. And yet TW completely missed all of that and introduced boring features, boring lackluster gameplay, with little to no fluff to it.
Usually a game that wants to be similar to its predecessor like Bannerlord in terms of Gameplay, World Building etc. tries to improve on it. But somehow it doesn't. The opposite is the case. While you atleast felt that Warband was a Lovechild of TW Bannerlord feels more like a cashgrab upgrade.

Last edited:
This game has not really any big Streaming qualities

I do love watching high-quality, edited youtube videos of people's battles, though. But it is no surprise that every video features modded content. But yes, I get your point. TW needs to interact with their community much more. If they want to follow the Paradox model for their games, then they need to behave like Paradox devs - who regularly post on the forums and organize streams either directly or through the community.

Mount and Blade Warband was a buggy, mess of a niche product as well. It didn't start to shine until years after it launched, when the modding community helped pushed it forward. I didn't play a Mount and Blade game until VC. I'm not going to forget how good VC was because I'm playing the Bannerlord beta and a bunch of people are posting meaningless stats about the participation level in this beta.

Following and posting beta stats, like it's going to effect the future of the company, is drama queen nonsense. Everyone in Beta has already paid full price. Trying to keep beta guys playing more frequently is a complete waste of time.

They made VC. I'm pretty sure this will be better than VC by launch date. I'm 100 percent confident it will be better after the mod community gets ahold of it.
VC was made by Brytenwalda a talented modder team.

VC is worlds better than the Bannerlord base game will ever be in terms of depth and immersion. Bannerlord is very shallow, it's a console port in the making. Instead of fast paced action it needs to be real paced strategy, but the fruit fly attention span kids are buying that.

I do love watching high-quality, edited youtube videos of people's battles, though. But it is no surprise that every video features modded content. But yes, I get your point. TW needs to interact with their community much more. If they want to follow the Paradox model for their games, then they need to behave like Paradox devs - who regularly post on the forums and organize streams either directly or through the community.
Unfortunately we'll never see anything like that. I've been following these forums for years and people have been begging TW for more info constantly. But the only official updates we got were an occasional video, a dev blog, or a interview at some of the bigger conventions. Other than that it was pretty much radio silence.

I've seen small studios with less than 10 people who did a better job at communicating with the community. I wouldn't have an issue with with the communication if this wasn't an ea. But to put a game in ea and then have so little community interaction is not just puzzling, it's stupid. TW is their own worst enemy and they've taken many very loyal fans and pissed them off because they won't communicate.

And that is where you are wrong, VC was not made by TW but by a Modder Team. TW just paid them to do so. I think their mod was originally called Brytenwalda or so. Even the Steam description states that.

And that is also one of the reasons why Bannerlord is such a massive Failure, they had almost a decade of free market research on their Hands. What mods were famous and which weren't. And yet TW completely missed all of that and introduced boring features, boring lackluster gameplay, with little to no fluff to it.
Usually a game that wants to be similar to its predecessor like Bannerlord in terms of Gameplay, World Building etc. tries to improve on it. But somehow it doesn't. The opposite is the case. While you atleast felt that Warband was a Lovechild of TW Bannerlord feels more like a cashgrab upgrade.

You don't like to give TW credit for anything that's fine. I didn't buy a game entitled Brytenwald. If the modders built VC, their name would be in the title. I bought Mount and Blade VC. If the modders did absolutely everything, they still did it with Mount and Blades engine using the Mount and Blade game as the base of their mod. TW still got paid. It's still a TW game.

You drama queens can call Bannerlord a "massive failure" all you want. You're still here, in a beta, awaiting a finished product. You must have enough faith in TW, to wait for this "massive failure" to be finished. Why is that?

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling, beta participation numbers have slipped."......Okay, sure. :wink:

I think I'll wait until TW finishes the game to pass judgement on how good it is instead of listening to a bunch of whiney, drama, queens cry on the forums because their feature hasn't been added yet.

VC is worlds better than the Bannerlord base game will ever be in terms of depth and immersion. Bannerlord is very shallow, it's a console port in the making. Instead of fast paced action it needs to be real paced strategy, but the fruit fly attention span kids are buying that.

VC was a finished game that had been active for about 5 years(had all the bugs and features finished) and was modded into VC.

Bannerlord is a beta game, missing many of the features it will launch with, still buggy, still being developed....

No, Taleworlds did not make VC. Not sure what logical hula hoops this is attempting, but it is wrong.

Uh, yeah they did. They built Warband. VC is a Warband mod. If I buy a Porsche 911 and someone paints it red, it's still a Porsche. It doesn't suddenly become a "Red".

Congrats for the modders for making a great mod. They didn't make Mount and Blade, they made a mod for it, and they did that at the direction of, with the permission of, and under the license of, guess who: Taleworlds.

Correction, VC was made by Taleworlds and modded into VC by Brytenwalda and Taleworlds.
Mount&Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest, or simply Viking Conquest, is a single player and multiplayer expansion for Mount&Blade: Warband. Developed by the people behind the popular "Brytenwalda" mod, it was released on the 11th of December 2014, becoming the second official expansion to be published after Napoleonic Wars.
Source 1: Viking Conquest | Mount & Blade Wiki | Fandom
Source 2: Steam

Uh, yeah they did. They built Warband. VC is a Warband mod. If I buy a Porsche 911 and someone paints it red, it's still a Porsche. It doesn't suddenly become a "Red".
Do you just compare painting (Texture) a car with completely changing a games code, feature list, gameplay etc (completely rebuilding a car just keep the body)

Congrats for the modders for making a great mod. They didn't make Mount and Blade, they made a mod for it, and they did that at the direction of, with the permission of, and under the license of, guess who: Taleworlds.

This is flawed logic, no untangling what led you here to begin with, cheers.

This is flawed logic, no untangling what led you here to begin with, cheers.

Then google Viking Conquest and tell me who's page it takes you to. Does it take you to Taleworlds or does it take you to the webpage of the Brytenwalda group? If you buy VC, who's bank account is that money deposited in?

Then google Viking Conquest and tell me who's page it takes you to. Does it take you to Taleworlds or does it take you to the webpage of the Brytenwalda group? If you buy VC, who's bank account is that money deposited in?
-snip-
If i pay you to make a desk for me or whatever you can craft with your own hands, then it is still not my accomplishment, all i did was to pay you to do so. And neither is it the accomplishment of that person who invented the desk, its your accomplishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're confusing developer with publisher. Brytenwalda developed VC, meaning they made it. TaleWorlds published it as a DLC, meaning they sold it. Are you telling me that Bethesda made New Vegas?

Mount&Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest, or simply Viking Conquest, is a single player and multiplayer expansion for Mount&Blade: Warband. Developed by the people behind the popular "Brytenwalda" mod, it was released on the 11th of December 2014, becoming the second official expansion to be published after Napoleonic Wars.
Source 1: Viking Conquest | Mount & Blade Wiki | Fandom
Source 2: Steam

Do you just compare painting (Texture) a car with completely changing a games code, feature list, gameplay etc (completely rebuilding a car just keep the body)

You guys are trying to give all the credit to Brytenwalda. It's not true. I give them credit, because the mod is fantastic. It's still a mod. They still used someone's engine, license, resources, platform.....They built the mod from the Mount and Blade engine. You can't change that. Brytenwalda didn't create a game genre that's part RPG, part medieval combat simulator, in a sandbox world. Taleworlds created that. Brytenwalda modded it.

You HAVE to give Taleworlds credit.

You're not on the Brytenwalda forums. You're on the TW forums.

Neither company is 100 percent responsible for VC. That's the truth.

Regardless, Bannerlord is still in Beta. Comparing it to a game that's been around for 10 years is stupid. Bannerlord still has to be finished. It will still go to the modding community.

Crying the sky is falling because Beta participation is down is absolutely meaningless. Taleworlds doesn't depend on micro-transactions. All of you have already paid full price.

What matters is how many people play the game when it's finished.

The rest is drama queen nonsense.

Last edited:
You guys are trying to give all the credit to Brytenwalda. It's not true. I give them credit, because the mod is fantastic. It's still a mod. They still used someone's engine, license, resources, platform.....They built the mod from the Mount and Blade engine. You can't change that. Brytenwalda didn't create a game genre that's part RPG, part medieval combat simulator, in a sandbox world. Taleworlds created that. Brytenwalda modded it.

You HAVE to give Taleworlds credit.

You're not on the Brytenwalda forums. You're on the TW forums.

Neither company is 100 percent responsible for VC. That's the truth.

Regardless, Bannerlord is still in Beta. Comparing it to a game that's been around for 10 years is stupid. Bannerlord still has to be finished. It will still go to the modding community.

Crying the sky is falling because Beta participation is down is absolutely meaningless. Taleworlds doesn't depend on micro-transactions. All of you have already paid full price.

What matters is how many people play the game when it's finished.

The rest is drama queen nonsense.

doc-rivers.gif

Back
Top Bottom