Player War Diplomacy

Users who are viewing this thread

xGreedo

Regular
Isn't it ridiculous that the player can start - end and then start again wars with no penalty what so ever?
What do i mean? Example:
Player creates a kingdom declares war to a kingdom takes a castle/city and makes peace. 1 day later players declares a war with the same faction takes a castle/city and makes peace. (Repeat until you have conquered Calradia) This is so BORING.

From what we know there is a hard number of days for AI kingdoms to declare war with each other after making peace the number is 20 if i remember correctly.
Why is this not applied to the player? (i will not accept "to make it easier" as an answer this is ridiculous)

Also how about introducing a hard number of days (lets say 20 as a start to test the waters) for both the AI and the player making them unable to make peace before said amount of days have passed? Because right now wars in Calradia are like weekend festivals you lose track of how many of them start and finish in a month.
In simple terms:If Player/AI declares war today, Player/AI are forced to be at war for at least x number of days before you can make peace with the faction that Player/AI declared war against

I made a whole thread about it already. Look up "Peace System" thread. Basically the developers said "Its fine the way it is" and offered ways for to mod it.

I made a whole thread about it already. Look up "Peace System" thread. Basically the developers said "Its fine the way it is" and offered ways for to mod it.
Sad.
To be fair, nobody forces you to abuse the game. At least it is not as bad as the broken smithing economy.
It has nothing to do about forcing me to abuse it its a dumb system that everyone is going to use because its too convenient. But still i agree that smithing is broken :smile:

Isn't it ridiculous that the player can start - end and then start again wars with no penalty what so ever?
What do i mean? Example:
Player creates a kingdom declares war to a kingdom takes a castle/city and makes peace. 1 day later players declares a war with the same faction takes a castle/city and makes peace. (Repeat until you have conquered Calradia) This is so BORING.
You're actually really not supposed to be able to that, they made specific updates to prevent you from doing that, or at least making it a very sub optimal play. It's supposed to increase a score against you that causes multiple faction to want war on you and increase the amount asked for in tribute . Of course if you don't have any vassals and don't care about payments I've heard people says they just did it anyways though.

I think for one thing, for both player and AI not paying for something needs to = immediate loss of martial resources, no pay no play. No party, no garrison, nothing. Either you keep finances working or you go back to a vagabond clan delivering horses and catching looters. I see people on read it ask "I'm paying 40k in payments a day as a new faction how to a make enough money", I assume they did something like this and jacked up the prices. Really the game shouldn't let you get in that situation, it should say no you goofed, you get kicked out of town for not paying wages try better next time. I didn't even understand until I tried just no paying for anything myself that basically nothing happens, only you personal moral takes a hit and if you have some leadership it seemed troops wouldn't even disband. Haven't tried in a while though, maybe it better.

The other obvious fix is enforced peace time and making it so the "ruler" can't personally attack a neutral in the field to start wars, or add a real penalty like a fief immediately revolts or party disband or both, like they're really mad that you did that and they don't want a king that doesn't respect the election process.

Ultimately, it's a bad play anyways and with competent playing you can just manhandle a faction or 2 and make your own clans until you eventually snowball into the biggest baddest faction. So it's like PAST expensive smithing weapons to pay for everything: sure you can do that and it probably should be fixed, because it's stupid and makes the game look bad, but it's still a bad, boring way to play the game and you don't have to at all.

The other obvious fix is enforced peace time and making it so the "ruler" can't personally attack a neutral in the field to start wars, or add a real penalty like a fief immediately revolts or party disband or both, like they're really mad that you did that and they don't want a king that doesn't respect the election process.
I still think that my proposition is a fine solution and also its easier to implement.

Back
Top Bottom