Player Suggestions and Feature Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

This topic right here might be the best one to show my face once more. I've been following this mod since a while before Warband and supported it ever since. I feared the worst when things went downhill regarding developments and modding, but you guys have done a great job keeping this mod alive. After quenching my thirst for PoP, I will come back and haunt this mod like I used to :grin:

Hi - i like this mod very much! *.*

The Trooptrees are cool and balanced. The fights making fun and hard - but thats okay.

But i have a Question - i would like to have more diplomacy for the mod like: Better family trees, better overview of rep by the lords and so - if that possible? :smile:  That would be great!

aaron70 said:
Love this mod. I hope to see new dialogues and new quests continuing to develop. :smile:

I 2nd aaron70's views... NICE! When I first read about the coming of the Dark Knights and Lady Larktin, I was intridgued.  So very fun looking forward to the first time seeing the DK's.

2 more cents:

Not that I don't love battles and fighting, after all that is the CRUX of this game.  But storyline and interesting NEW twists are huge in making this game fun.  If anyone here has played the original "StrongHold" game ?  They would agree that the story in that 1st game as awesome and it really drove the game and made it fun. 

I would love to see the story of the Painting of Larktin and such expanded upon in some way.

Also, Being able to take revenge would be nice:

For example, Count Regas did not like me Courting Lady Sonodel and was angry with me. Of course he was angry with me.  I eventually married her and he has sent assasins after me and Mercenary killers. 

When I confront him (we're both Swadian vassels btw...) I wish I could say;  " Nice try sending the assasins after me, i'm going to have to teach you a lesson"

I think if anyone sends killers or mercs after you (regadless or faction  or status)  YOU should at least be able to challenge them to a duel.

Lastly, Sneak in sneak out

Since it's already possible to "disguise yourself and sneak in a castle"  AND to eventually:
1) fight a prison guard...
2) go in and rescue a lord
3) come back out and fight another round of guards and eventually RESCUE a lord

Couldn't you under almost the same conditions:

1) fight the Guards outside the main Hall entrance, find the lord of the castle (if he's home) and then if you beat him in a duel, you can essentially have him as a ransom prisoner after you fight your way out... or you just assume that you have SNUCK out again.  But this should be very difficult to do. 

Id like the lord bit aswell so many time's ive rescued prisoners and thought dam there my enemies it would be great if i could grab there lord while im at it.

I have an idea for siege's though.

Similar to the cave's and hideouts it would be great if you had an option to attempt to sneak into a besieged town with a small force of men to attempt to capture the commander or open the gates from the inside.

It was a fairly common tactic in this time period sending small force's inside to cause a distraction or attempt to open the fort from within durin the night to storm in before the defenders could man the walls and it would add some great diversity to siege's insted of the standard slugging fest on the walls until 1 side runs out of men.
And would also make the smaller more elite armies viable without huge numbers of losses and being set back by months in game time because 3 men in no armor with a flimsy shield and pitchfork could not kill of an elite heavy soldier alone while hes on a ladder.

Also can you make brutality harder :razz: its kwl but after multiple runs through brytenwalda its still pretty easy  :smile: ive played the game 8 hours and vaegirs no longer exist or rather they exist to serve me and my little group of 6 companions who are currently bulldozing a path straight through the nords :smile:.

The thing that i really want added to this mod the most is Banners for the 3 dark night generals, its hard to find them on a map because they just look like a normal patrol for my faction.

Suggestion:
How about adding more features like:
1. character creation, more face more hair, etc..
2. more banners
3. Naval warfare, transport, docks..
4. More Unique items (Weapons, Shields, Armors, Horses) that have unique name and appearance. for example like if you defeat an specific lord you will get this weapon, etc...
5. more companions and have them helps you when ambushed in a town or village, or better like they will follows you inside castle walls
6. Integrate Decapitation and Dismemberment Mod Kit : Here (optional, can be enabled from the camp menu)
7. Integrate Custom Commander! : Here

Thanks!

It has been said but I would like to second duels or even just a public denouncement for people who sent assassins after you.  Perhaps a (successful) duel leads to higher honour for you and denouncing leads to lower but both have the effect of lowering the other lords opinion of them (like the standard denouncement quest).

It could work both ways too.

Oh and I also recommend reducing the amount you can win at tournaments.  Increasing the standard winnings purse a bit and reducing the ridiculous quantity you can win on bets like in the diplomacy mod would help balance out a few other elements of the economy.

This is by far my favorite mod! I played this for weeks on end and it was an experience i have never had on warband before. There is so much more you could add however and i hope that a new version comes along swiftly.

I just noticed something female ranged mercenary troops. For some reason Female mercenary trackers use crossbows when they specialize in bows and they suddenly get really crappy gear when they are upgraded from huntresses. Female master huntresses and stalkers also use crossbows when they have a prof of 30 in crossbows and 180 and 200 in archery proficiency, 6 and 7 power draw skill respectively....  :mad:

felixng2011 said:
I just noticed something female ranged mercenary troops. For some reason Female mercenary trackers use crossbows when they specialize in bows and they suddenly get really crappy gear when they are upgraded from huntresses. Female master huntresses and stalkers also use crossbows when they have a prof of 30 in crossbows and 180 and 200 in archery proficiency, 6 and 7 power draw skill respectively....  :mad:
its a beta theyr still working on it

Your mod is awesome - Thanks for your great work!
Please keep on modding! On this mod and in general!
Best WB-Mod I ever played.

Thank you.

I'll suggest some little things...

Gameplay suggestion : When you are a monarch, your vassals should be able to give you their opinion on making war / making peace. Get a (high) bonus relation if you mind them, (high) loss if you don't.

Building suggestion : Add a stable in castles ; enables the player to hire a few horsemen (for ex : swadian page / khergit veteran lancer/ rhodok scout /etc., for 100 or 120 denars instead of 10+10+20+40=80), and increases the prosperity of the fief. Must be more expensive than other castle buildings.
And also, why not, a archery training camp, which does same thing but provides archers or crossbowmen (depending on the faction).

Thanks for reading anyway (and greater thanks if you pay heed... )

Are you guys still planning on integrating that Freelancer mod? Just checked it out and it looks great since I always wanted to be able to be in a faction's army, but I want to have the stuff added in NE too.

Tournament Play Enhancements would be good too.

First of all I want to thank the developers for making and improving this awesome mod. I love it  :grin:
My suggestion:
1)Lower the food supplies on castles and towns, right now you can't wait for them to run out of food, 30 days for a castle and 100 for a town? That just seems like a whole bunch of time to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2)Make the "Surrender or Die!" mean something else than "DIE", you would think 20 guys would surrender if they had the whole army of (Insert faction here) against them. Don't make it happen often, only when they are HEAVILY outnumbered and their group has less than (40) men
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3)Add an option when you enter a town/castle to go to right outside the prision, so you don't have to walk there (Yes I'm a lazy ass  :razz:)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4)Town structure: Make a Infantry/Archery/Cavalry training field, that upgraded (15) soldiers to the next level (a day)
5)When you enter a dialogue screen with an enemy that was chasing you have an option to bribe him to let you go:
When you say "Is there no way yo avoid this battle?" have a chance that he says something like: "Actually, there is, pay me (Insert huge amount of denars here) and ill let you go" If you bribe him have a reknown, the money you have him obviously, and morale.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish you luck with this mod, been amazing so far  :grin:

palmtreehunter said:
4)Town structure: Make a Infantry/Archery/Cavalry training field, that upgraded (15) soldiers to the next level (a day)
that's a good idea, a training field that would act like 3 lvl50 trainers with trainer skill 10. they would be great for low level troops and less effective for high tier troops so it wouldn't be overpowering

I don't know if any of these ideas have been said, but I'll spell them out.
1)  Heraldic plate mail.
2) More horse's colour variation.
3) Change lords armor (Because, you see 20 knights in full plate and the count in chainmail...)
4) More religious related quests or dialog.
5) Quests for companions, so they have more story.

That's all, thank ye'.

Xprez said:
Nick147 said:
can you add that ai uses shield bash and maybe kicks otherrs?
i think that isnt possible or else it takes alot of time.

They don't kick, but they do use shield bash sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom