Player Suggestions and Feature Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

it's kinda funny after successfully defending castle/town, we simply get nothing from it.
i mean there are hundred of enemy dead bodies lies in your town/castle after siege, and you not even considering taking their equipment.

maybe he would like to collect the king's crown or broken sword as a victory trophy to hang it in his castle hall!  :mrgreen:

you can sell it to peasant and telling them...
"here are the best quality equipment that elite guard of Khergit Khanate! only for half of price you can have it all!"

"but khergit khanate no longer exist...."

"shhhhh...."

it's all about dem denars

soulmata said:
Well, think about it. Why would you want the armor of some dead guy? After all, it didn't save him.

Because his blacksmith isn't as skilled as ours! At our capital university we hired the best of the best of the best smith to craft our gears! :smile:

I Hope You can add :
1. Beverages for food, more dried meat (cause it's hard to find), more something like pizza i guess and more chicken. or maybe you can add kitchen so we can make our own food in town/castle/village maybe
2. Village send troops to town/castle and maybe got auto trainer in castle/town.
3. Take all troops in garrison to party
4. Send all prisoners in party to garrison
5. And maybe you can make King/Queen have full attribute or maybe you can add some companion for them (Doctor, enginer and scout). Cause it seems more fair for me if they have companion like us
6. Give troops to patrol
thank you

Hi, Nice to meet you.

I am one of players who love your mod. I can not speak in English well but I will try you can understand what I am saying.

I was wondering if I could get some files in your mod. These are module_scene_props.py and module_particle_systems.py.

Because I would like to apply to a script that I made it for the first time in your mod and I want to see that result. Just only one. I am sorry, if you feel so bad about my favor.

I am not a moderator and I can swear that I never distribute your mod. If you do not want to give me them, can you send me those txt.files after you apply to my script in your files.

I can give you my script, if you want. I allow you to use it. I would like you to help me please.

Hey could you post something on the workshop page for this to let the players who don't know about this page come here for the most recent updates? I only just found out about an hour ago that this was where the up to date version was, and I'd been waiting for an update for more than half a year. Also it would be cool if you added in a handguard glove that had lower defense and a higher price, but didn't have the detrimental effects on power draw.

part A -- mounted/elite troops:
Mounted troops are still the bees knees. they should have a lot of advantages, but there are few disadvantages except for cost, which is easily mitigated.  cost being the only limiting factor is not effective. i don't mind spending 10k/week once i'm rolling. that makes me nearly invincible pretty quick against any other army with an approximate number of soldier amounts (really probably closer to double my troops).

1. make mounted troops take up 1.5x - 2x troop slots. so, 100 senior squires or 200 berserkers! i think the berserkers might actually win (at least at 2x. 1.5x maybe not). horses require extra people to maintain them, but those people don't necessarily fight.
2. make elite troops double troop requirement of standard troop. an ivory sentinal would require 2 troop slots vs. an ivory marksman or master bowyer. a paladin would require 3 or 4 slots vs. the 1.5 - 2 slots of a senior squire or cavalier. noble/elite lords had their own retinues they traveled with during war.
3. limit the maximum weekly cost you can support for your troops. give is a start price of $500 or so + more based on your leadership, renown, and your companion's leadership! your leadership should calculate independently of your companions in case you don't want companions, but they add to the total. your % of renown + start make up the base, which is then modified by (your leadership + companions leadership). the calculation should be exponential. a leadership of 3 might get you 50% more cost, but a leadership of 10 would get you 10x the cost, for example.  the total of your companions leadership should make up the calculation and it should also be exponential though not as extreme. your companions function as squad leaders/lieutenants in your army.
4. mercenary mounted troops would be exempt from the additional troop requirements, but mercenary forces cost a great deal more (thus limited by #3, for a while), and are not nearly as effective as their named counterparts.
5. troop morale and food consumption (horses eat too) should be based on the slot cost and not the number of troops you can field during a battle.
6. would be nice if all the lords were subject to similar restrictions (better leadership calculation and/or base as they have no companions)

with this setup, you need renown and leadership to be able to support high tier troops quickly, and unmounted troops will always outnumber mounted troops, so you have to choose wisely. it is a lot harder to go to war with 100 paladins.. at least not until you are a lot further in the game.

part B -- random:
1. make most the skills more exponential -- pathfinding of 1 gets you 1% faster. pathfinding of 10 gets you 100%, for example.  reward specialization
2. nords need a hardcore beserker class: maybe one of the noble upgrade paths. the hardcore beserker falls dead -- there is no capturing or surgery to save them (and no way to rescue). but they are VERY scary though lightly armored. make them fast and hit hard.
3. lances need a division: lighter long lances with no ability to crush through blocks, but a lot of reach but lower damage (these are really anti calvary. khergits should probably use them)
heavy lances crush through blocks with a lot of damage, but shorter on the reach. (anti ground and swadians should favor these).  speeds and strength requirements should be about the same
4. horses need a bigger spread. what is the point of hunters with all the warhorses at level 3 available? is there any horse that requires level 10? there should be and that horse should dominate every other horse.
5. long reach 2H swords with high strength requirements. the guanren sword reaches nearly as far as the war cleaver doing almost as much damage.  we need a 125 reach high level claymore or something.

jackwhitter - Unfortunately, a lot of your suggestions are not really technically feasible. Here's why.

jackwhitter said:
part A -- mounted/elite troops:
Mounted troops are still the bees knees. they should have a lot of advantages, but there are few disadvantages except for cost, which is easily mitigated.  cost being the only limiting factor is not effective. i don't mind spending 10k/week once i'm rolling. that makes me nearly invincible pretty quick against any other army with an approximate number of soldier amounts (really probably closer to double my troops).

The cost becomes significant once you get past the mid-game, where you need to defend multiple territories. Note this is reflected in the AI's choices - they will never field, say, only heavy cav - they draw from recruitment pools based on their individual wealth. The player is the only one isn't restricted by this, so it's up to you if you want to artificially restrict yourself. Keep in mind there are also battles where cavalry are disadvantaged, and where they can't participate except on foot (villages with caltrops, any siege, very hilly areas, very wet areas, et cetera).

make mounted troops take up 1.5x - 2x troop slots. so, 100 senior squires or 200 berserkers! i think the berserkers might actually win (at least at 2x. 1.5x maybe not). horses require extra people to maintain them, but those people don't necessarily fight.

That's not really possible. The code that counts party size can't really be modified like that, and trying hackish way around it would likely break a lot of things. Party size is already kind of buggy, even in native.

2. make elite troops double troop requirement of standard troop. an ivory sentinal would require 2 troop slots vs. an ivory marksman or master bowyer. a paladin would require 3 or 4 slots vs. the 1.5 - 2 slots of a senior squire or cavalier. noble/elite lords had their own retinues they traveled with during war.

Again, that's not really possible, so instead I implemented the Renown and Honour cost for hiring nobles and elites. I feel that's a great counterbalance - if you rely too much on noble troops, you'll quickly be unable to recruit them, your men will respect you less, your party size shrinks and you'll be less likely to be awarded territories by your Lord (or if you are a monarch, your vassals will respect you far less). If you aren't playing on Brutality, Brutality will force the Renown penalties on, and additionally means you are restricted to your kingdom's nobles only, which means you're not going to be able to mix and match.

3. limit the maximum weekly cost you can support for your troops. give is a start price of $500 or so + more based on your leadership, renown, and your companion's leadership! your leadership should calculate independently of your companions in case you don't want companions, but they add to the total. your % of renown + start make up the base, which is then modified by (your leadership + companions leadership). the calculation should be exponential. a leadership of 3 might get you 50% more cost, but a leadership of 10 would get you 10x the cost, for example.  the total of your companions leadership should make up the calculation and it should also be exponential though not as extreme. your companions function as squad leaders/lieutenants in your army.

All that really ends up being, mechanically, is a way to force players to maximize their leadership, which nearly every player already is going to do. Additionally, that's what the party size limit is really for, anyway. You could always implement this restriction yourself, but consider that since *eventually* most players will need to defend multiple fiefs, they'll quickly have no room left for their own party, paying for wages on so many castles garrisons, et cetera. I think that would just be very frustrating, finding that you worked so hard to finally take a castle, only to see that you now can't staff a garrison because of some artificial restriction on how much money you're allowed to spend.

5. troop morale and food consumption (horses eat too) should be based on the slot cost and not the number of troops you can field during a battle.

That's also really difficult to implement and probably would be hackish. I don't think the food code can even take the troop quality into account.

6. would be nice if all the lords were subject to similar restrictions (better leadership calculation and/or base as they have no companions)

This would be not very useful. Lords already don't have wealth like the player does nor do they pay wages in the way the player does, they have a fractional amount awarded based on their owned fiefs, and they have to spend it on recruits, which in turn draw from their already low wages. Additionally, the complexity in having to check their roster so much would result in a ton of CPU overhead, and probably cause the game to slow to a crawl every time it needed to calculate troop wages, quality, and party size limits. Right now, Lords already have the same general restrictions players do on their party size, which is why you don't see Lords who have no fiefs roaming around with 250 troops. They used to get hidden bonuses the player didn't, like +20 per castle owned, but now the player can match that by building Barracks.

1. make most the skills more exponential -- pathfinding of 1 gets you 1% faster. pathfinding of 10 gets you 100%, for example.  reward specialization

I don't know, I feel I have worked hard to make many skills much more useful without really changing the mechanics of the skill. Lav has too. For instance, Ironflesh used to be a mostly worthless skill, but now it not only adds hitpoints but provides damage reduction. I used to never take it, now I usually jack it up to 5-6. Shield too, where Shield now enables higher shields. Pathfinding now has secondary uses in changing how well you keep track of prisoners or affecting your chances to escape. Persuasion I've added *tons* of additional checks to, so now it's quite useful.

Rewarding min-maxing to me doesn't seem intuitive in this kind of game, especially when you can have any party skill funded by a companion.

2. nords need a hardcore beserker class: maybe one of the noble upgrade paths. the hardcore beserker falls dead -- there is no capturing or surgery to save them (and no way to rescue). but they are VERY scary though lightly armored. make them fast and hit hard.

Making a lightly-armored but extremely skilled troop would be easy. You could even do it yourself, just by modifying an existing Nord infantry record. The surgery effect however is hardcoded, and the game already has a hardcoded "chance to not die" for everyone, even at 0 surgery, so that part can't be done.

3. lances need a division: lighter long lances with no ability to crush through blocks, but a lot of reach but lower damage (these are really anti calvary. khergits should probably use them)
heavy lances crush through blocks with a lot of damage, but shorter on the reach. (anti ground and swadians should favor these).  speeds and strength requirements should be about the same

You could already do this, and this is already somewhat present. You will see some lances can crush through blocks and some cannot, usually based on the weight of the weapon, and they have varying reaches. But I don't really feel the weapons themselves need much attention. You can always modify these parts yourself though.

4. horses need a bigger spread. what is the point of hunters with all the warhorses at level 3 available? is there any horse that requires level 10? there should be and that horse should dominate every other horse.

Ok, so this one I think you've got a good point here. I've long though about how worthless most of the horses are, and how little use I'd get out of most of them. I find in nearly all cases, I get my companions to 3 or 4 riding, and I get myself to 5 riding, which unlocks the most warhorses for all of us. There are some obvious winners here. For instance, the Courser is the absolute fastest, and you need a mere 2 riding to ride most variants of it, and 3 to ride the absolute fastest. Most warhorses are 3 or 4 points, with only the hugely elite taking 5 or 6. Then you have all your farm horses, hunters, steppe horses, et cetera, which aren't any more durable than a courser and aren't much faster than a warhorse.

The problem there is coming up with a systematic way of spreading it around like I did with Troops and Items. If you make the riding requirements too high, you restrict all but the min-max players AND troops from using them. If you make any particular horse too powerful, you will use only that. I find myself pretty much only using Coursers and Swadian elite Warhorses (like the Templar Charger).

If I ever update NE again, I might take a crack at overhauling horses.

5. long reach 2H swords with high strength requirements. the guanren sword reaches nearly as far as the war cleaver doing almost as much damage.  we need a 125 reach high level claymore or something.

I doubt I will ever touch items again but you could easily modify the existing claymore if you wanted. One annoying thing about adding items is that you then have to add tons of crap to be able to distribute it throughout the game if you want it on troops.

i would like to offer a small suggestion  :grin:

would it be possible to add a way to find out the personalities of lords when they come to your kingdom?

currently the only way to figure it out is by asking each one their political views before they come to you. However, once they reach your castle you can't see their personalities and only have the option to accept them or tell them to GTFO.

One fix might be to do something similar to diplomacy where you can open your lord relations and see their personalities (Reputed to be Good Natured, Upstanding, etc.)

if that is too difficult i would also suggest an alternative where when your talking to them, add the option to see their political views. Since they came to become your vassal, i see no reason as to why they would deny sharing their personality.

this seems like a small suggestion so i doubt this would interfere with anything.

One other thing i would like to suggest is adding the option to siege a castle/town without having to threaten lords/caravans/villagers. I hate having to lower my honor/relation (Even if it is just by 1-2 points).

Thanks!

Hello! Thanks for the great mod!
I`ve got another suggestion about different culture recruiting, it should depends on faction`s culture. So, if khergit lord Tonju is fighting for the Nord Jarldom - he may recruit nord troops only. Player also should choose culture for his own faction. And free-roam player and lords may recruit farmer troops only.
Without it the game looks odd about one year later. For example: when you fight against Rhodoks, most of their armies are khergit horsemen.
Also it could be interesting to restrict items for faction only. For exampe: if you are belong to Vaegir Tzardom - you and your companions may wear only their type of armor and weapons.
Of course, these culture mod should be toggle via camp menu.

Just finished my game of NE last night... well, this morning, and I have to say, it was enjoyable. Not the best, probably because I played with everything except brutality and NE looting on, but not the worst either.

Money got so horrible that I went from getting 10g's a week to over 40g's in debt at one point. Since I like to keep contingencies I got my garrison at my capital to 1200 at one point, just stocking up on any elites i could find, stockpiling nobles that I couldn't recruit, and keeping a good selection of max lvl peasants in case I needed competent fodder. Yeah, this game flat out backhands you for hoarding. On the one hand that's important, but on the other hand I was still losing 20k a week even after culling my garrison down to 300 in my capital, and another 300 in Praven, my only other city up until the very end since the AoI you get is ridiculously tiny and there's no current way to increase it or mitigate the relation loss.

I get that the mechanic was to force the player to grab castles (which have no relation counter and thus can't rebel) instead of only going for towns (and villages are ungrateful bastards anyways so that makes sense too), but even if you dedicate yourself to constantly improving relations to the point of waiting on the guild master/elder hand and foot like he's some kind of prince of the old calradic empire, due to some of the crap quests he gives you take long enough for the relations to worsen more than the reward gives you, and that's including the buildings that improve the relations over time, it's impossible to temporarily hold onto the capital of another faction to farm out their elites for a time. I made an army of entirely dk rescued prisoners, so I was never desperate enough to do this, but you're better off revoking the title of the lord you put over the fief and stealing their troops, then giving it back to them, rather than babysitting the town itself, yourself. I think the way I got around it was to leave Jelkala independent for a couple of months, grab roughly 50 arbalestiers and spear knights, then award the town to me so that I can grab the cash before giving it away to a vassal.

As far as troops are concerned, ignoring dk obviously, the only ones worth their salt were the swadian cav and the rhodok crossbows. Everything else could be interchanged with each other at any point, with the only exceptions being the elites. In fact, because crossbows do piercing damage, even swadian crossbows were a decent pick compared to the ranged units of any faction barring the vaegirs. That was after I went into the text files and beefed up the nobles and elites weapon profs to better distinguish them from the peasants, and even in some cases give them the elite armour designed for them, that can't be found in stores, but for some reason they did not have. The swadian elites had regular plate instead of their ornate plate, the nord einerjar had scale instead of the war trophy plate, and all of them had upper 200-lower 300 prof.

I'd go into items more, but I already did that in the other thread.

I noticed someone complained about it a long while back, but lord demanding a fief before you even get the chance to run home and meet them is a little absurd, more so by the fact that it has to be your fief. Definitely needs to have either a condition where the script won't fire until you accept their pledge, or if you take too long they get impatient and then demand either an independent fief, or your own if there's none available. The mechanic is a good one since nobody is content with just a village or having no fief at all, but good lord is it annoying.

I'd also go on about looting, but that was also covered in the other thread.

Finally, a game-unending bug, factions have some sort of either invisible or glitched out lord somewhere on the map that stops a faction from properly dying out. I may have "finished" the game, but I haven't "beaten" the game because I have the khergits and the sarranids still holding on for dear life refusing to give me the win. Even using cheats to look at the whole map, or to force them to fall out with their liege does nothing, and there's no way I can teleport myself to them or vice versa to deal with this crap.

End of the day, 6/10 base, 8/10 with basic edits. Geez I wrote a lot. It's so long I'm not sure I ought to add suggestions as that'll only make it even longer. I guess just point out anything you want me to clarify or something.

This mod is truly amazing. However, i woud like to play it more if you incorporate the Combined Face Replacer ( https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3105/? ). It is to make both the male and female face to be...well, much better.

Screenshot for female skin can be seen here, male skin screenshot can be seen in my profile. I can guarantee that it will be sooo much different that the native skin....which i found to be horrible.
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1955

Hello everyone, please add diplomacy to the mod. The mod is good, but diplomacy is sorely lacking

Back
Top Bottom