Player-related sound

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought of putting this in a more technical-issues related section, but then again it's not exactly one. I also did thorough searches to no avail, so sorry if this has been talked about before.

I'm a long-time lover of M&B, but one thing has always annoyed me - player-related sounds (good example is the player's horse galloping) in battles don't originate from the center of the player's character or from the original point they would logically emanate from (such as the horse's hooves), but rather from a certain point that seems to be the back-left-most point of the player's avatar - as in, if the player's character was imagined as a rectangle or cube, the point (0,0,0) is the origin of the sounds.

I've probably explained that REALLY badly, but hopefully someone will understand my meaning.

If you haven't noticed it before, try it - go into a battle, start your horse galloping at full speed, then move the camera 360 degrees around your character slowly (it'll be easiest to notice with headphones on) and the direction the sound comes from will change, relative to where the camera's facing, even though the logical original point of the sound stays more or less constant (horse stays in the middle of the frame).

Everything else about the game, I love, but this grabs my attention fairly frequently. So I guess my question is: are there any plans to fix/change it, does the engine even allow it to be fixed, and could it perhaps maybe be implemented into the upcoming expansion? (also on that maybe we could get new running animations in the expansion - every other animation is great, but running always looks silly to me... they stand a bit too straight and they kick their legs up far too high behind them... but that's just my 0.02)

If this is in the wrong section, then by all means move it. If it's been talked about and resolved before, please point me in the right direction. Thankies. :smile:

Bit of a shameless bump here, but I'd really like some sort of comment on this. Perhaps a mod could move this thread to somewhere where it'll get more attention pretty please...? :oops:

This might be better placed in the Forge or the Pioneer's Guild.

One of them, perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom