Player Opinion Polls Concerning Multiplayer Balance

Users who are viewing this thread

Keep in mind that most votes are based on pub experience, not close matches. Battania is the weakest fac on pubs because they can't couch spam, but on close matches (ratparties), battania is one of the strongest. The only thing that I noted is that Vlandia is considered the strongest in both cases, which shows how broken they are.
They nerfed their cav but imo vlandia cav is just too slow. Vlandia is too good because of xbowmen. They are dealing ridiculous damage with the crossbow and can hold their own in a 1v1 if you go for pavise shield

They nerfed their cav but imo vlandia cav is just too slow. Vlandia is too good because of xbowmen. They are dealing ridiculous damage with the crossbow and can hold their own in a 1v1 if you go for pavise shield
Who need speed when the only class who can stop your cavs is a class belonging to your faction (xbow)

Battania is either garbage or completely broken OP depending on the quality of archer players on your team. Their inf lack AP and their cav are very bad, so their success pivots wayyy to much on the Fiann and if it is utilized properly.

Yes I think battanian inf are very good, but inf in the game struggle to carry a faction. The quality of inf at the moment is measured by the survivability of the inf.

I was really curious what the overall majority of people thought about the current factions and some other things in the game so here are a few polls you guys can vote in and maybe we can get some results that will help Taleworlds balance things out a little better for all of us.

That's all I'm going to put up for now. If you guys have any poll ideas let me know and I can add them.
you need to specify which mode(s) otherwise this poll is pointless.

They have different numbers in the different modes as far as I am aware, and how good something is, is entirely dependant on the goal.

The most blatant example is if you just want to deal as much damage as possible swinging away(as is the case fairly frequently in captains mode, if you are flanking with a two handed unit). then certain classes from a specific faction are going to be better at that than others. This might make the berserker really strong in captains mode, but not so great in other modes where you are only fighting other people who wont just let you sneak behind them and swing away.

Battania is either garbage or completely broken OP depending on the quality of archer players on your team. Their inf lack AP and their cav are very bad, so their success pivots wayyy to much on the Fiann and if it is utilized properly.

Yes I think battanian inf are very good, but inf in the game struggle to carry a faction. The quality of inf at the moment is measured by the survivability of the inf.
Yeah this seems to be the case with Battania. I actually don't think Battania is severely worse than other factions, but it's clearly at the bottom. The thing about their inf being very good is that they still aren't much better than a vlandia or empire inf. Just a beefcake with a swingy weapon. They have really good archers and then everything else is just kinda meh.

As far as I see it right now, isn’t the most important thing for a fac to have is a good heavy cav and a good hybrid heavy archer? Infantry is underpowered and no reason to pick light cav or light archers. That’s why I think Aserai is so good, because of their incredible heavy cav and heavy archers even with terrible infantry.

As far as I see it right now, isn’t the most important thing for a fac to have is a good heavy cav and a good hybrid heavy archer? Infantry is underpowered and no reason to pick light cav or light archers. That’s why I think Aserai is so good, because of their incredible heavy cav and heavy archers even with terrible infantry.
Vlandia and Aserai are the top two facs for sure. Then its Sturgia and Battania and finally Khuzait and Empire at the bottom. I'm talking about one good stack vs another good stack. There is no point in doing balance for pub since a stacked team on khuzait would still 3-0 pubs on vlandia, even though Vlandia is the top fac by far.

About chamber blocking, doesn't the 'It's too hard | Timing window is too small etc' imply that because of this 'It's too risky | Not worth attempting'? I don't know how represented chambering was in top-level Warband gameplay because it also was a risk, but it was a fairly common gimmick used around on servers by people who could consistently pull it off.

Im a total war and FPS guy never played the others. How did you learn about it or how to do it? I dont know what it is sir.

Vlandia and Aserai are the top two facs for sure. Then its Sturgia and Battania and finally Khuzait and Empire at the bottom. I'm talking about one good stack vs another good stack. There is no point in doing balance for pub since a stacked team on khuzait would still 3-0 pubs on vlandia, even though Vlandia is the top fac by far.
Agreed!

I'd probably put sturgia above aserai as it's simply easier to execute an inf+cav brawl. Overall i agree though

aserai is the weakest, their inf is just garbage
actually khuzait spearman is pretty decent, but their mounted archer need a lot of buff, like speed, armor, bow etc...

aserai is the weakest, their inf is just garbage
actually khuzait spearman is pretty decent, but their mounted archer need a lot of buff, like speed, armor, bow etc...
Inf doesnt really matter and veteran is basically a heavy inf with bow. Also imo mameluke is the best cav in the game right now

Inf doesnt really matter and veteran is basically a heavy inf with bow. Also imo mameluke is the best cav in the game right now
all the real heavy inf are much more suitable for melee than veteran because they are cheaper and have better weapon/armor/shield
plus heavy archer is not exclusive to aserai, every faction has heavy archer except sturgia, but even the sturgia archer can bring a shield
mamluk only has the longest lance, but has the least manuverable horse and least armor, and slow sabre, so I don't think it is the best cav

all the real heavy inf are much more suitable for melee than veteran because they are cheaper and have better weapon/armor/shield
plus heavy archer is not exclusive to aserai, every faction has heavy archer except sturgia, but even the sturgia archer can bring a shield
mamluk only has the longest lance, but has the least manuverable horse and least armor, and slow sabre, so I don't think it is the best cav
Every faction has a heavy archer but only khuzait and aserai can bring shields with their heavy archers. As for sturgias archer it has barely any armor making it pretty bad on close combat. Also mameluke having less maneuver than other heavy cav matters little since its the fastest heavy cav so you can just slow down to turn and you will still be faster than other heavy cav , especially knight. Also none of the cavs have swords suitable for close combat expect maybe catapracht

Back
Top Bottom