Player Opinion Polls Concerning Multiplayer Balance

Users who are viewing this thread

I was really curious what the overall majority of people thought about the current factions and some other things in the game so here are a few polls you guys can vote in and maybe we can get some results that will help Taleworlds balance things out a little better for all of us.

That's all I'm going to put up for now. If you guys have any poll ideas let me know and I can add them.

Good topics. Voted. The hardest one was to decide the weakest faction, because its very relative.

I would maybe propose a question regarding Heavy Cav class. Not about whether it should be nerfed or not, but how it should be nerfed. Something like:
- More expensive cost (limited number of spawns)
- Nerf armored horse (literally tanks)
- Nerf rider armor (so much glances with top tier weapons)
- Nerf rider stats
- Do something with the lances (huge nerf)
- Delete class

I'd like to see Skirmish with 150 starting gold, no heavy tank first round possible and only 1 possible 2nd round. Possibly something we could do for competitive if/when we get admin tools.

Still a problem that the main inf classes are top tier armour though but they're not as annoying as heavy cav at least.

Amazing job with this thread! thank you!

- Nerf armored horse (literally tanks) The sound is nutty you cant always here them coming.

Skirmish with 150 starting gold Great Idea! maybe a tad more? so losers can still have a chance at 2nd round?

I like this but then snowballing will be even more of a problem.

There is a chance for snowballing there, but then what would you do? It was the same for Warband as well. The better you finished the round, the better stuff you could buy for next round (and also loot). Also there's nothing as satisfying as a hard come-back. That is competition.

It's the same for Counter Strike too, isn't it. Good rounds, good money, good guns. And you can also loot and keep picked up guns. Now I don't think we should have any criticism for that system, being the top esport game of all time.

Shouldn't we have an "it's okay as it is" -option for sword?
Not saying they are but people might feel that way.

I also think shields are issue people might have opinion about, or kicks but it's a very familiar topic.
And if you are a masochist you can also pick up on the topic of spears.

And finally, 1 general problem is, that depending on the game mode you play opinions are going to be very different. For example everybody uses two handed weapons in TDM and Siege while hardly any experienced player picks them up in Skirmish.

Last edited:
About chamber blocking, doesn't the 'It's too hard | Timing window is too small etc' imply that because of this 'It's too risky | Not worth attempting'? I don't know how represented chambering was in top-level Warband gameplay because it also was a risk, but it was a fairly common gimmick used around on servers by people who could consistently pull it off.

In my honest opinion I think Sturgia just needs the archer to be buffed slightly, Even if its the addition of just stronger arrows. At this current Moment most first tier archers are better then the Hunter Sturgia gets.

Aserai need a tad more armor on the tribal warrior then they would be far better, they just cant match any of the other factions infantry.

Battania at this current moment feels as if its in a weird spot. Any time your in a open map you lose cause the other archers shoot 2x as fast (not really but it feels like it) and their cav is so abysmal that its not worth going. On the 2 closed maps we have they are slightly better cause their inf can shine truly but compared to what Vlandia, Empire, and especially Sturgia just slaughter them.

This is all my own opinion so please dont attack me!

Nice thread! Just voted.
On the 2 closed maps we have they are slightly better cause their inf can shine truly but compared to what Vlandia, Empire, and especially Sturgia just slaughter them.
I agree.
I think the battanian wildling is quite balanced as a class because they can have more javelins but they don't have much armor(resulting in them being not as tough in melee).
On the other hand i feel that the Oathsworn misses something. It has good armor but the damage it makes to other troops is not that great.
I mean ,ye, you can sacrifice the spear to have stronger javelins that can deal good damage but when they start fighting i think that their melee weapons are a bit weak.The battanian axe,unlike sturgia's one, doesn't seem to deal any reliable damage against armored people, so most of the times it is better to pick up maces from the ground rather than fighting with your own(this is my opinion though).
Battania already has weak cav, which is fine i think, but lacking also in the main infantry class makes them one of the worse factions in mp as of now.
Their archers are really good but i don't think they are enough to make them a solid faction.

Wouldn't skirmish with 150 gold just be battle? Is there any faction you could get two lives with with 150? Except the winners would get more lives. Doesn't seem right for skirmish, but might make sense when a battle mode actually comes out, or just say 'I want a battle mode.'

Aserai second for weakest faction and least voted on strongest faction?

In my own tier list they're an above-average faction, but many from NA PUGS think that they're one of the best. Mamlukes and Veterans are both very strong.

I think the strongest/weakest factions are very very very dependent on the gamemode. Khuzait is definitely the weakest in Siege, with Sturgia 100% being the strongest there. I'm sure that does not go for Skirmish, however, and that Captain has yet other best/worst factions.
Won't vote here until it's clear what gamemode we're looking at. I assume Skirmish, but still.

I think the strongest/weakest factions are very very very dependent on the gamemode. Khuzait is definitely the weakest in Siege, with Sturgia 100% being the strongest there. I'm sure that does not go for Skirmish, however, and that Captain has yet other best/worst factions.
Won't vote here until it's clear what gamemode we're looking at. I assume Skirmish, but still.

Thats what I thought too.

Aserai second for weakest faction and least voted on strongest faction?

In my own tier list they're an above-average faction, but many from NA PUGS think that they're one of the best. Mamlukes and Veterans are both very strong.
Keep in mind that most votes are based on pub experience, not close matches. Battania is the weakest fac on pubs because they can't couch spam, but on close matches (ratparties), battania is one of the strongest. The only thing that I noted is that Vlandia is considered the strongest in both cases, which shows how broken they are.

Ye i would never rate based on public play where people don't know how to play. In the scrims we did battania was solid if you knew how to play it. Empire is weakest faction imo with only really having their infantry being above average. Vlandia strongest and most flexible faction by far.

Ye i would never rate based on public play where people don't know how to play. In the scrims we did battania was solid if you knew how to play it. Empire is weakest faction imo with only really having their infantry being above average. Vlandia strongest and most flexible faction by far.
Khuzait and Empire are really bad and the rest is ok to play unless you face Vlandia. I'd say Sturgia, Aserai and Battania are pretty equal.

Back
Top Bottom