SP - General Player Kingdom Vassals should not use same calculation as AI for proposing peace, or should just not propose it at all, Or no repeated propositions.

Users who are viewing this thread

My vassals will repeatedly vote to make peace when it doesn't benefit them and in fact will be detrimental to them. I know what thier calculation is, but it's irrelevant because, I the human player and ruler have the entire enemy faction permanently in my prisoners. So they are not effected in any way at all by the war and can freely raise power of parties and fiefs
with no interference from the enemy. So it's very inappropriate for them to use the same calculation, since their situation, being under the player's banner, is different then an AI faction. I have had to veto peace about 7 times already, which is making it take longer to raise wanderer clans as I must spend 500 influence each one plus influence to take the fief to use on them, plus veto the peace. This is bad for the vassals as it is slowing down the growth of our field power. What's more as the human player I can release and recruit the defeated lords in a safe and convenient way, also increasing our field power. This is undermined by having to release them for peace, there's no reason for them to want this if our goal is security, wealth and domination.

If the vassals get peace what will happen is the enemy will quickly rebuild it's parties and make armies, then declare war again because they don't want the high payment and then the vassals will be in danger again for no good reason.

I know that it's probably too hard to actually make the vassals know these things, but a couple easy fixes would be 1: Only player ruler can make peace! 2: Peace proposal cannot be made again by a vassal for 50 days (or whatever).

I want to use MY STRATEGY ONLY when I make a kingdom. It's bad enough there's no control or direction for vassals and that they don't even respect the war strategy.
I think the War AI is just a pile of bandaids to make the AI not fall apart in 100 days, it has no place being use for the player made faction.

Yes! Fully agree on this!

a third easy solution:
3: AI vassals (player vassals only or both player/AI)should not propose peace to a faction of < X(10%?) of your kingdoms power.

I want to use MY STRATEGY ONLY when I make a kingdom. It's bad enough there's no control or direction for vassals and that they don't even respect the war strategy.
I think the War AI is just a pile of bandaids to make the AI not fall apart in 100 days, it has no place being use for the player made faction.
I did not notice this last time I wrote. Why only PLAYER MADE kingdoms? I´s say PLAYER RULED.

Hi @Ananda_The_Destroyer, you wouldn't happen to have a save of the situation you're describing just before the nobles triggered a vote? If not, do you think you would be able to replicate the situation? We can then evaluate if the implemented behaviour in that situation is desirable.

Hi @Ananda_The_Destroyer, you wouldn't happen to have a save of the situation you're describing just before the nobles triggered a vote? If not, do you think you would be able to replicate the situation? We can then evaluate if the implemented behaviour in that situation is desirable.
Currently I don't have one from just before they triggered the vote but I'll try to anticipate and make one when the situation returns. I have provided one AFTER when the vote is in danger of aborting my siege which reported here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...n-siege-procs-kingdom-peace-vote-save.447774/
I have an addition one of the same type of situation, but it also after they have put up the vote. I understand wanting one from before to see the calculation situation and I'll try to provide one. I must also add on, I feel a big part of this problem is that the AI vassals just don't understand or value the rapid re-building of an enemy force and shortness of peace treaties. The large (near all faction) amount of prisoners will re-build and declare a war again in just about week.

Okay here save that may be useful, however I have no guarantee when the vassals will ask for peace, but this is a similar scenario.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AgIjioC3s0cPy6t1m_FmK_aYF87OvLNu/view?usp=sharing
I have the bulk of the aserai in my prisoners, they have zero escape chance,
Regardless of other wars starting or ending, it is in the vassals interest to NOT release the aserai with a peace treaty.
The only intelligent thing is to keep the aserai prisoner forever and never declare peace.
They are completely harmless this way, but once release in less then a game week they WILL attack again in full force.
This is because no length of peace has been put into the game.
The vassals should either be programmed to be smart enough to understand this OR have the ability to make peace removed from them for the player faction. It's not fun to be forced to play like an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom