Resolved Player Character is labeled as -1 when wounded and 0 when healthy in empty party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

JPA32

Recruit
So I was running an army of entirely my clan in a user kingdom. There were no other clans in my kingdom and I lost a battle. I was captured and locked in the dungeon. The only things I did at this point where check my character screen since I had an upgrade. Upon waiting for release I enter the world map as a wounded party of -1. Upon reaching 20% health I was turned into a party of 0 and have to instantly surrender whenever I run into an enemy party. I will update more as I explore this bug. If needed I can also upload the save file.

Update 1. Hiring Recruits from a local village did not fix the issue as with 10 Recruits and Me it was still labeled as only 10 active Party Members. Entering battle with Looters resulted in me existing just fine during the battle. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Winning the Battle while alive did not fix the issue, and winning the battle while being wounded also did not fix the issue (Bringing it down to 9 active party members). Losing the battle simply had me become a prisoner again with no unorthodox changes.

Update 2. In theory this bug doesn't seem to actually affect the core gameplay since everything seems to function perfectly fine apart from being alone and being unable to fight which isn't really a situation that will happen often. I might test how this bug interacts with party size limits tomorrow. I have 2 saves (One where the player is jailed and one where I've just recruited troops next to looters in a village) that can be uploaded if needed.

Update 3. You cannot exceed maximum party size with this bug.

Last edited:
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I've sent in two versions of the save with different criteria and labeled them accordingly. Worth noting that this bug apart from a minor inconvenience immediately after escaping prison, has had no immediate adverse affect on the game and the save file is perfectly playable. So unless there is an easy fix or there is some other underlying issue I'd suggest not spending large amounts of dev time working on this.

Back
Top Bottom