Play-to-Earn mod on Bannerlord, is it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think I feel the answer coming, but I'll ask the question anyway...

Personally, I'm very involved in the cryptocurrency world, especially the Play-to-Earn games sphere. So my question is: what is the TaleWorlds position on this? And then, is it possible to create a Play-to-Earn mod on Bannerlord or is it something impossible from a legal point of view? When I talk about a Play-to-earn mod, it means in short to create a mod on which a token would be based. So, theoretically, by playing the mod, it would be possible for players to win this token and then be able to trade it against other cryptos.

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Solution

Personally, I'm very involved in the cryptocurrency world, especially the Play-to-Earn games sphere. So my question is: what is the TaleWorlds position on this? And then, is it possible to create a Play-to-Earn mod on Bannerlord or is it something impossible from a legal point of view? When I talk about a Play-to-earn mod, it means in short to create a mod on which a token would be based. So, theoretically, by playing the mod, it would be possible for players to win this token and then be able to trade it against other cryptos.

Hey, as per our EULA (https://store.steampowered.com//eula/1393600_eula_0), commercial...
I know a modder named Bloyt. He is the new golden russian modder of Bannerlord. He is planning to make stuff like that.
Oh ok. So could be possible. I wonder though if TaleWorlds tolerates or accepts this. I know that for example Minecraft tolerates Play-to-Earn servers, but it's still unclear whether it's really accepted or not. And legally, it's really a big question mark for me.

Upvote 0
Isn't that like ...working for money?
If so, no thanks.
More complicated than that xD. But in reality, by playing the mod for example, you have the possibility to earn rewards in a token (so crypto) linked to the mod. So, if for example your $KNIGHT token is worth $1 and you receive 100 KNIGHT in rewards, you own $100 in $KNIGHT that you can trade later against USD, BTC, ETH, etc. etc. This can be very interesting for MMO mods in which you have a real economy self-administered by the players. By doing your cabbage trade for example, the idea is to have the possibility to get tokens, and thus to have access to real money for your involvement and dedication in the game. The value of a token is of course determined by the players and the community of the mod: the more players there are & the more the game is popular, the higher the value of the token usually is.

Upvote 0
More complicated than that xD. But in reality, by playing the mod for example, you have the possibility to earn rewards in a token (so crypto) linked to the mod. So, if for example your $KNIGHT token is worth $1 and you receive 100 KNIGHT in rewards, you own $100 in $KNIGHT that you can trade later against USD, BTC, ETH, etc. etc. This can be very interesting for MMO mods in which you have a real economy self-administered by the players. By doing your cabbage trade for example, the idea is to have the possibility to get tokens, and thus to have access to real money for your involvement and dedication in the game. The value of a token is of course determined by the players and the community of the mod: the more players there are & the more the game is popular, the higher the value of the token usually is.
Now you explained currency conversion, how cabbage trade and economy around that works and why you should be dedicated for your own work for better results.

Yea sounds fun!

Upvote 0
Now you explained currency conversion, how cabbage trade and economy around that works and why you should be dedicated for your own work for better results.

Yea sounds fun!
Yes that was a very random example haha. But we can imagine an economy that works with classic Golds as in-game currency (so no real value), and this economy can be structured in different ways depending on the mod. But the idea is to be able to convert in-game Golds into $KNIGHT tokens first, if we re-use the same example. So, in this case, everything would happen outside the game via a website (it's the easiest), a bit like Full Invasion 2 if you want. So, to summarize, you could convert your Golds to the $KNIGHT first, and then you could swap your tokens in another crypto, and ultimately standard currency as the USD.

Upvote 0
Man, you really need to see their work. I received a demo mod from Bloyt also we are testing it in multiplayer atm.

@LeGenDdS what do you think?

Looks really cool. So, he created a mod where is it possible to mine NANO tokens, and the transactions are made automatically in your wallet. That's right? Tbh, this is amazing, but the question remains the same: earning crypto by playing a mod is it allowed by TaleWorlds? If yes, I saw infinite possibilities. Making the first Play-to-earn mod could be really awesome, if this is accepted of course.

Upvote 0
Either you have never ever played Full Invasion 2 or @Maroon has never told me about their website stuff. I would put my money on the first option though :iamamoron:

I think @Dejan will have some good words for you regarding this topic.
I know I'm probably wrong because it's been so long. It was a mod that I don't remember the name of, where you could play in co-op with other players and face waves of AI. And you had access to a site to manage your equipment and increase your character stats. I was really unsure about FI2, but now you've given me confirmation that it wasn't that lol.

Upvote 0

Hey, as per our EULA (https://store.steampowered.com//eula/1393600_eula_0), commercial ventures like that are forbidden.

Upvote 1
Solution
I know I'm probably wrong because it's been so long. It was a mod that I don't remember the name of, where you could play in co-op with other players and face waves of AI. And you had access to a site to manage your equipment and increase your character stats. I was really unsure about FI2, but now you've given me confirmation that it wasn't that lol.
Pretty sure you were thinking about NordInvasion :smile:

Upvote 0
Hey, as per our EULA (https://store.steampowered.com//eula/1393600_eula_0), commercial ventures like that are forbidden.
Is Bannerlord Online an exception for these rules or what? Because they do sell op items and stuff "with the so-called donations"

Edit:

I am asking this because you guys disabled the Betalords mod by @MisterOutofTime in 2020 with a single patch and broke the community multiplayer mod/Server. And there were 0 commercial ventures whatsoever.

Like even if you say they are Russians and as Taleworlds we are unable to take action against it you guys could easily create a patch and broke bannerlord online as you wished any time or add stuff to disable their access to stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is Bannerlord Online an exception for these rules or what? Because they do sell op items and stuff "with the so-called donations"

Edit:

I am asking this because you guys disabled the Betalords mod by @MisterOutofTime in 2020 with a single patch and broke the community multiplayer mod/Server. And there were 0 commercial ventures whatsoever.

Like even if you say they are Russians and as Taleworlds we are unable to take action against it you guys could easily create a patch and broke bannerlord online as you wished any time or add stuff to disable their access to stuff.
SAVAGE fact!

giphy.gif

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom