Play for two years, and my review.

Users who are viewing this thread

maximus1541

Recruit
There's no soul in the game.

One of the fundamentals of the game was the many-to-many battle and these elements were clearly irreplaceable immersion.
And I'm not saying that this game sucks on this part.

However, there is another fundamental that the developers or players of this game do not mention or insist on, and there is a serious defect.

Speaking of what it is, in addition to many-to-many battles in the M&B series, 4x strategy simulation game elements are strongly introduced when the initial game progress is slightly exceeded.

That's what we call land conquering.

"
Before speaking her name
she had been nothing but a gesture.
When I spoke her name,

she came to me and became a flower.
"

Like the verse I quoted above, the 4x strategy game has no choice but to be as core content as the many-to-many battle, as it has justification and meaning for the implementation of the many-to-many battle, which is the biggest feature and only advantage of this game in a 4x strategy game..

In other words, this game is the basis of both "experience" and "4x strategy" as one of them in many-to-many battles.

However, the problem is that the strategic part of these two fundamentals is like ****.

In fact, this problem was the same in Warband and Original, but instead of improving in Bannerlord, it was rather regressed by hiding behind "EA-Shield",
(I hope the management takes it seriously.)

Even after two years of patching, the regressed state did not improve at all,

The system itself has inherited Warband and Original, so there is almost no possibility in the future.

That's why Bannerlord is being criticized by players.

Quantitatively, in a situation where one of the fundamentals is the same and one is degenerate, the other side branches have changed and improved, so it is impossible to shield.

The development direction so far has been wandering aimlessly as much as the npc of the game made by developers.

If we look at this problem in more detail from the 4x strategy point of view, first of all, one of the big problems is that the relationship between individuals(NPC) ate up the strategy.

However, although this relationship is too personal with the player character, it is too primitive to give fun to various situations or strategically like Crusader Kings,

The interface and side systems that support this element are also not good.

For this reason, whether you are playing concept play or conquering the world, to play peacefully, there is only infinite farming or raising a relationship that is not fun and has no soul.

If some of the lords are executed, the relationship will be devastated and there will be infinite hell or only extreme options.

That is why it is said that the relationship system destroyed the strategic system.

Neither relationship nor system is interesting.

However, there is no development at all, and there is no prospect of development.

Also, on the world map, NPCs just wander around aimlessly, meaningless, and too fragmented.

Due to this, it is theoretically possible to play a large-scale battle that will save many-to-many battles, but it is difficult to play in the game with the strategy system and strange AI of the actual game,

The recruiting system is also an *******.

These are the collaborations, so war is just an endless repetition of small and medium-scale battle farming that doesn't even make use of the game's only strength.

The diplomatic system has only two things: a declaration of war and a peace agreement, with thin content that can't even be written about.

This problem was the same in Warband and Original, but it was the first indie game at the time, and it was hidden in the unique, many-to-many battle immersion,

In the sequel, Bannerlord, the strange system was still inherited.

Even the details were regressed, so the evaluation of fans, not new users, was bad.

Even if the details are improved by improving the EA period, it is obvious that the basic system is the same as Warband and Original.

Economics and internal affairs, like diplomacy, have nothing to do with it.

Since this game is a sandbox game, why not try a concept play between many-to-many combat action and strategy beyond the given framework? If you say

The above problems do not affect the concept play, nor the system and content for concept play are poor, so even this inevitably leads to a **** game.

After all, it is a sandbox-type game, but here, too, there is only one advantage of this game is that it is a many-to-many battle,

Still, the content of the game is inevitably repeated in the same form every time, whether it be battles, politics, or whatever.

Even that is the infinite battle and farming.

Because of these problems, before and after the timing when many players can deploy their troops,

The fun does not culminate in the greatest and best many-to-many battles the game has to offer,

Rather, interest is rapidly declining and they are complaining about the lack of content.

So, some players are asking, "What makes Bannerlord different from Warband after all but graphics?" it sounds like

A few things have changed, such as Perk, but the basic play experience is the same from the outside, and if you look closely, it has only deteriorated.

If it wasn't for the developers' gaslighting due to bugs in the early version of EA Shield, improvements to the simulcast formula, and content additions

It can be said that even the current evaluation is a game that can be viewed as overly favorable.

It is a game with no answer unless there is an improvement that overturns the strategy and existing various contents from the ground up.

For example, after the dlc was released, what would be different if countries, troops, and equipment were added?

It can only be repeated endless farming of the same repertoire with only the shell different.

If there was a possibility, expectation, and vision to change something from the beginning, something must have changed from the beginning of the release of the sequel, Bannerlord EA, in the first place.

It can be said that it is a game where there is nothing but gaslighting of developers who only improve the shell little by little and tame the users as it is a game that has been changed while maintaining the inertia of ignorance in Warband.

Also, in multiplayer, no custom server has been released for 2 years, the TDM server has not been fixed to crash for 2 years, and even the moment I write this, the servers are crashing.

Eventually many multiplayers left Bannerlord and switched to games like Chivaly 2 and the like. Skirmish has not been caught even once after 9 hours, and the Battle mode triggers Freezing or CTD when the score reaches 3-0.

I've been playing the M&B series since 2008, and I'm a huge fan from Korea.

That is why I am writing this article.

I wanted the M&B series to develop into popular games like League of Legends, Dota, Starcraft, and Overwatch, APEX.

Medieval games like Chivaly 2 or For Honor can't beat Bannerlord's combat system yet,

but TW, It is only a matter of time before they catch up with you.

Last edited:
Before speaking her name
she had been nothing but a gesture.
When I spoke her name,

she came to me and became a flower.
"

As the verse says, 4x strategy is the most important feature and only advantage of this game, the justification and meaning for the implementation of many-to-many battles, so the 4x strategy simulation element is inevitably as core content as many-to-many battles.
Is this a language barrier or am I just poetically challenged? Because to me that stanza doesn't seem to imply 4x strategy being the most important feature and only advantage of this game, the justification and meaning for the implementation of many-to-many battles, so the 4x strategy simulation element being inevitably as core content as many-to-many battles.

Anyway, I read the text and I strongly agree with you. This bit especially:
A few things have changed, such as Perk, but the basic play experience is the same from the outside, and if you look closely, it has only deteriorated.

Some absolutely sick roasts thrown in there too
The development direction so far has been wandering aimlessly as much as the npc of the game made by developers.

Is this a language barrier or am I just poetically challenged? Because to me that stanza doesn't seem to imply 4x strategy being the most important feature and only advantage of this game, the justification and meaning for the implementation of many-to-many battles, so the 4x strategy simulation element being inevitably as core content as many-to-many battles.

Anyway, I read the text and I strongly agree with you. This bit especially:

Some absolutely sick roasts thrown in there too
modified it again for easy explanation.

If there was a possibility, expectation, and vision to change something from the beginning, something must have changed from the beginning of the release of the sequel, Bannerlord EA, in the first place.
I'd wager they lost some of the devs that actually cared the most, and that now it is being made by a team that doesn't really know why they are doing the things they are doing, they are just following the "Vision". Unfortunately, the Vision does not include many of the things most requested by these forums, so much so they're not even reconsidered after years of being asked. It's extremely prominent in the MP, which is currently unplayable by any modern pvp standard, attempting to be the next Esport without really understanding why games become Esports.

They've got a Vision that they will meet, rather than using the hordes of user feedback which would make it playable, that's true for both SP and MP. They say they're too worried about balance to try experimental changes during beta builds but seem to not ever address the largest, consistent balance issues brought up on the forums.

A lot of us have watched as TW went from promising a hugely upgraded version of Warband to a TaleWatered down version of it that will be console ready soon. It's almost not even worth it to beg them to make good on the promises they made, the most you get is it forwarded to the team who says they cannot or will not try to do it, or that it's behaving as intended.
We will get the bannerlord we get and we will LIKE it, is what I've gathered over the years. Do not expect a large amount of soul to be added to the game, it's intentionally missing. I appreciate what the devs have done to make the game better from a game dev standpoint, but I agree with a lot of what you've said in the post.

I've been lurking these forums since 2016 when bannerlord was shown at gamescom, and the community has died off so heavily it's quite sad. Years of neglected issues being solved in days by modders, a lack of actual communication with the community on what it desires, and the general slow updates for a good size dev team have just led to people not being interested anymore.
It has felt like TW never cared about the players as much as their money to a large number of people who would likely say warband is their most played game of all time but bannerlord isn't in their top 100.

Remember "A true friend will give you an honest opinion."

This article is written by a true fan of the M&B series.

Imagine if the campaign map played out like an actual strategy game - with NPC's all having real motives and decision making based off of kingdoms borders, terrain and weather, dangerous areas and safe guarded roads of travel. Slowing everything down and giving real purpose would have been a game changer for me

Imagine if the campaign map played out like an actual strategy game - with NPC's all having real motives and decision making based off of kingdoms borders, terrain and weather, dangerous areas and safe guarded roads of travel. Slowing everything down and giving real purpose would have been a game changer for me
:xf-cry:

This would be one of the best, actual reviews this game ever had, thank you !

"but TW, It is only a matter of time before they catch up with you."

I don’t understand why this game is being compared to a 4x game. It’s nothing like a 4x game. The map is stagnant and your society isn’t advancing

I'll be honest with you I know all the issues you speak on. Some of us OG modders are just waiting to comeback after the game leaves early access and the entirety of the mod tools are released.

+1

Taleworld is especially in the process of getting a very bad reputation as a scammer a bit like Electronic Arts. A very bad base game, and more or less stable mods... No doubt, to come, "paid addons" just to make the game "fun". TW will disappear if they continue to make fun of people...
TW has to make choices. We have the impression that they are making no choice and are waiting for the storm to pass. Good fortune will only smile for a short time.

Taleworld is especially in the process of getting a very bad reputation as a scammer a bit like Electronic Arts. A very bad base game, and more or less stable mods... No doubt, to come, "paid addons" just to make the game "fun". TW will disappear if they continue to make fun of people...
TW has to make choices. We have the impression that they are making no choice and are waiting for the storm to pass. Good fortune will only smile for a short time.
Perhaps your post signature is due for an update then.

There's no soul in the game.
I read your whole post and agree with virtually everything you wrote, as my experience with the game is riddled with the same issues and feeling of being playing with a mobile battle simulator with zero roleplaying in it. But the most important thing to me is that the game lacks soul indeed.

Perhaps your post signature is due for an update then.
My signature dates from a year, maybe two years ago. I'm a little disappointed that overall the game hasn't progressed in the right direction. Giving it a "soul", an identity, with colorful NPCs, a real RPG campaign, could have given this game a future. There, I think they are running to their losses. TW is getting a... awful reputation. Too bad, because there was something unique about this game.

Back
Top Bottom