Planned features for v1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, everyone. The release of v1.5 isn't too far off, so I thought I would post about some of the changes it will bring.

New Features:
-- Standard-bearers for every faction, along with flags for each faction and three for the clan regiments (Prussian 7th, Swedish 11th, and French 54th)
-- Deployable cheval de frise (anti-cavalry spikes) and sandbag walls
-- Exploding gunpowder barrel scene props! :razz:
-- Man new maps
-- Custom horses for each cavalry troop
-- New classes, such as officers and grenadiers
-- All maps have been edited by BattleOfValmy to work better with Polished Landscapes
-- Portugal

Bugfixes/Gameplay Tweaks:
-- Many changes to pistols and muskets (mostly to make muskets better than they were before)
-- Pistol sounds can now be heard by everyone on the server
-- Corrected the Russian and Austrian flags (I think? Someone might have to verify that for me)
-- Probably a bunch of other things I forgot
-- Default horses are now free
-- Hair with hats

Possible Features:
-- Invasion game mode
-- Crouching (I PM'ed Highlander about the code a couple days ago, but he hasn't responded)

5050148678_1b617a0228_b.jpg

5049529867_bc7a1a83cf_b.jpg

5048939675_5f1f2e4893_b.jpg

5048939917_b180632cd0_b.jpg

5049490130_c6df8207aa_b.jpg

5048786747_c85d3f81a1_b.jpg

newhorsesrender1.jpg

Troop Lists:

Fusilier
Grenadier
Officer
Carabinier
Chevau-leger
Cuirassier

Royal Footman
Light Footman
Grenadier
Officer
Dragoon Guard
Black Horseman

Musketeer
Jager
Grenadier
Officer
Dragoon
Freikorps Lancer
Cuirassier

Infanteria de Linea
Grenadier
Officer
Dragoon
Guardia de Corps
Cuirassier

Fusilier
Grenadier
Officer
Chevauxleger
Hussar
Cuirassier

Fusilier
Grenadier
Officer
Dragoon
Adelsfanan Cavalry
Cuirassier

Infanterie
Grenadier
Officer
Dragoon
Garde du Corps

Musketeer
Grenadier
Officer
Horse Grenadier
Hussar

Garde zu Fuss
Grenadier
Officer
Light Dragoon
Cuirassier

Musketeer
Grenadier
Officer
Moura Cavalry

Be sure to check back here, as there will most likely be more things added to the lists and new screenshots.

Looking forward to it!

A few thoughts, though:

1) Flags - Rather than having them look like stiff plywood squares attached to the poles, why not have them hanging a little, at say a 45 degree angle? It might take some work to model and make look natural, but I think you could get them to look more correct. Alas, if only items could be animated!

2) Default horses are now free? I find cavalry is already over used as it is... I just hope this doesn't doesn't make things worse. I'll hold off judgment and wait and see, though.

Hibiki said:
1) Flags - Rather than having them look like stiff plywood squares attached to the poles, why not have them hanging a little, at say a 45 degree angle? It might take some work to model and make look natural, but I think you could get them to look more correct. Alas, if only items could be animated!

Austupaio said:
Having them hanging would look better.
229538382_383f9464a6.jpg
Maybe.

Okay, now for something a little different. I'll be making horses for every cavalry troop. Here's a Prussian dragoon's horse:

5055774161_bfafb127e2_b.jpg

5056389852_a6e89bdeb8_b.jpg

Not really sure about the details of a saddle, so bear with me. :razz:

Excellent!! 

I was wondering when we would see some fitting horse models  :mrgreen:

Now, if they just fall down with a thrust or two from my bayonet or spontoon, I will be quite happy  :razz:

PS. Are you modeling them for each troop individually, based off of references? It sounds like a lot of work, but of course, that is what has set this mod apart!

I would very much love to be the company fifer  :mrgreen:

Really, though. Drum and fife music would add a whole new element of immersion, I think. Were bugles in use in the cavalry at this time? I have a suspicion that they were not, but if so, those could serve an even more practical purpose in sounding charges, or giving other such signals.

This really sounds great. I can't wait for next version where we in the 11th will march under our flag to crush the Prusskies.

After thinking about some things for a while, I've decided that there should be more troop types, yet more restrictive equipment choices. So now there will be grenadiers, officers, and all that kind of stuff, but they will have fewer choices in equipment. This will make the gameplay vastly more historically accurate (and I like historical accuracy).

Also, musicians seem doable. That would be great if some people wanted to donate sound effects.

Hibiki said:
I would very much love to be the company fifer  :mrgreen:

Really, though. Drum and fife music would add a whole new element of immersion, I think. Were bugles in use in the cavalry at this time? I have a suspicion that they were not, but if so, those could serve an even more practical purpose in sounding charges, or giving other such signals.

"The first verifiable formal use of a brass horn as a military signal device was the Halbmondblaser – literally, "half moon blower" – used in Hanover  in 1758. It was U-shaped (hence its name) and comfortably carried by a shoulder strap attached at the mouthpiece and bell. It first spread to England in 1764 where it was gradually accepted widely in foot regiments. Cavalry did not normally use a proper bugle, but rather an early trumpet  that might be mistaken for a bugle today, as it lacked keys or valves, but had a more gradual taper and a smaller bell, producing a sound more easily audible at close range but with less carrying power over distance."

I counter you: "Fife and Drum Corps began to appear with British armies by the late 1600s and early 1700s.  since the instruments dictated the force's movements."

Just a picture. Though if my brain aren't blasted something on his should be yellow.
34.jpg

Faewulf said:
I counter you: "Fife and Drum Corps began to appear with British armies by the late 1600s and early 1700s.  since the instruments dictated the force's movements."

Just a picture. Though if my brain aren't blasted something on his should be yellow.
34.jpg

I'm quite sure it should all be white. Though I'm in no way an expert on Swedish uniforms from that particular period  :oops:

Seeing how I'm already writing in this thread I'd like to thank the creator for a up most wonderful mod, I just love it to bits

BattleOfValmy said:
"The first verifiable formal use of a brass horn as a military signal device..."

Faewulf said:

34.jpg

Brass Horn/Bugle != Fife or Drums  :neutral:

BattleOfValmy said:
BattleOfValmy said:
"The first verifiable formal use of a brass horn as a military signal device..."

Faewulf said:

34.jpg

What? You must have edited my post! :mrgreen:

Faewulf said:
BattleOfValmy said:
BattleOfValmy said:

Faewulf said:

34.jpg

What? You must have edited my post! :mrgreen:

I don't know if you're joking or not, but that's exactly what you said  :smile:

Nate said:
Them new features are lookin guuud...

Perhaps a slight accuracy boost for muskets when the user is crouching is in order?

If Shred can get the script for crouching from Highlander. Shred messaged him a while ago, but Highlander hasn't responded (even though Highlander's been online >_>).

I don't think that crouching should (or even could) increase accuracy.

It's not as if you could aim a musket that accurately anyway, and we don't want standing to just become obsolete in every way. In fact, crouching should be obsolete except for allowing you to present a smaller target/hide behind cover, and to allow for teammates behind you to shoot.

Nah, crouching won't increase musket accuracy. Mostly because I don't think it's possible.

Anyway, small update time. Here are all the horses I've done so far.

newhorsesrender1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom