Placement Banner Mesh

Users who are viewing this thread

Yagababa

Regular
Does anyone know the name/location of the troop placement banner in Warband (when you hold down the 'hold this position' key)?

Thanks!

Take in OpenBRF a look at the shader (check the material of the mesh and there the shader entry), perhaps it's using a specific shader just for that banner. Switch it then out with the normal one which is getting used by the other banners. Otherwise it might be that there is a hardcoded vertex colouring of the mesh.

Otherwise you might not be loading the mesh correctly, make sure it is getting called by the engine.

Perhaps tackle it a different way. To make sure that your new mesh (and thus texture) is loading fine, use any other mesh which looks clearly different than the banner (a weapon, helmet, etc.) and name it "tutorial_flag_yellow.44" (flag). Then check what happens in-game.

Upvote 0
Take in OpenBRF a look at the shader (check the material of the mesh and there the shader entry), perhaps it's using a specific shader just for that banner. Switch it then out with the normal one which is getting used by the other banners. Otherwise it might be that there is a hardcoded vertex colouring of the mesh.

Otherwise you might not be loading the mesh correctly, make sure it is getting called by the engine.

Perhaps tackle it a different way. To make sure that your new mesh (and thus texture) is loading fine, use any other mesh which looks clearly different than the banner (a weapon, helmet, etc.) and name it "tutorial_flag_yellow.44" (flag). Then check what happens in-game.
I tried replacing the mesh with some armor and it looks the same, I guess the game is ignoring my mod resource...

I double checked and the BRF is listed in Module.ini and everything is named properly. I am deeply confused.

Upvote 0
I can confirm that when working on things like that, it is best to make a copy of a CommonRes BRF file in a mod's Textures folder. Then, from module.ini load_resource entry has to be replaced with load_mod_resource with the copied resource file. All one has to do now is modify the mesh/ material in the copied BRF file. Always works like a charm.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom