Place your bets, what DLC do you want to see?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have no real opinion on what Taleworlds plan to do with multi-player over time as the single-player has always been M&B's largest selling point for me. But I'm certain SP expansions will be on their way some time after release.

What do you want to see?

I adore Viking Conquest, despite its rocky launch, and boring an answer as it may be, I would love to see the British Isles recreated once again in Butterlord. Perhaps not in the same era, perhaps in the Roman period, but I'm English and biased.

Do you want historical DLC's? Or perhaps fictional ones this time around? Do you want a story campaign like VC or a brand new sandbox to play around in?

Let's talk about it

I will get the boring obvious answer out of the way first;

Nordic Expansion adding sea travel, combat and a Native Nordic faction off the coast to the north of Calradia. With this we could maybe see the Vlandian homeland added? Presumably this is another isle off to the west somewhere.

Other then that expanding the map further - east or south and seeing asian or african factions would be great - elephants!!

Overall id rather DLC expand the base experience rather then replace it (that's the realm of mods IMPO).

I will get the boring obvious answer out of the way first;

Nordic Expansion adding sea travel, combat and a Native Nordic faction off the coast to the north of Calradia. With this we could maybe see the Vlandian homeland added? Presumably this is another isle off to the west somewhere.

Other then that expanding the map further - east or south and seeing asian or african factions would be great - elephants!!

Overall id rather DLC expand the base experience rather then replace it (that's the realm of mods IMPO).
Yes, this please! I love the idea of them expanding the native map and adding different regions or other things to do. I'll take this any day over new maps or time periods.

I would also love to see some sort of invading faction/s as seen in games such as Stellaris with the crisis mechanic or CK2 with the aztec invasion (even though that is a bit of a meme).

Yes, this please! I love the idea of them expanding the native map and adding different regions or other things to do. I'll take this any day over new maps or time periods.

I would also love to see some sort of invading faction/s as seen in games such as Stellaris with the crisis mechanic or CK2 with the aztec invasion (even though that is a bit of a meme).

Invading faction would be great! Sword of Damocles did this really well. Made the whole thing much more tense and interesting.

Unfortunately Khuzait would have been the ideal invading faction really - though maybe the Nords? We know they came at some point in vast numbers between Bannerlord & Warband.

New factions :

The Nords invaders (+ naval combats)

Pseudo Indian faction

Pseudo African faction

Perhaps a Chinese faction ?

A invading faction would be awesome, had tons of fun with the black knights back in the old M&B days.

Nord invaders with naval combat would be a blast in Bannerlord.

I think the team that made that went off to do their own game now - hold fast. Not sure what it is like. Doubt we will see a clone I'm afraid.
Yeah FSE has their own game now. I'm not sure if a mod will come close to napoleonic wars. Since napoleonic wars was using the source code as opposed to mods.

I think the team that made that went off to do their own game now - hold fast. Not sure what it is like. Doubt we will see a clone I'm afraid.

Yes that's right, I've got it myself. It's ok but it's multiplayer only and no bots which sucks. I'm sure there would be interest in making a mod if there was no DLC offered it isn't like it wasn't/isn't popular.

This. The top 10 total conversion mods of warband are all either on par with or better than fire and sword and viking conquest and they are all free. Napoleonic wars is a bit different since it's MP.

If it's DLC that expands upon the base game, it might be worth buying.

Some DLC suggestions would be:

-Adding in sea battles and invasions with new land and factions each with unique quests, companions, mounts, items, and gameplay mechanics for

-6 king starts, where you get to start off as the 6 main kings with unique kingdom management styles/mechanics and quests, the 6 royal families as well as many lords to manage.

-Adding in more minor factions such as a one for merchants, religious cult, barbarians, slavers, hunters, cannibals of which you can do quests for, make alliances/trade with, take over, or start as.

I’d like dynamic end-game events, like in Stellaris. Barring that, probably map expansions that add some new mechanics.

Here’s an example of an end-game event: a climate crisis (probably a global cooling), that introduces more detailed management of your population (like hunger, peasant revolts, fertility, population, etc). So when the climate begins to change, fertile land becomes a premium, and peasants begin starting bread riots.

But, like in Stellaris, the event is randomly chosen, so different playthroughs have different crises.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom