Pistols are bad for gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rallix said:
Alirhgt then, if making it less accurate would make it so useless, then how about increasing its main diadvantage: Reload time. These things took around ten seconds to reload, and that's if it was a flintlock, which it is in this case.
Increase the reload time to reflect this, and people will be happier when dealing with pistol users, because they will get one shot only.

Maybe even slow down how fast one can move while reloading.

You are slowed down. And I can't effect how much, before someone asks.

For the reload time: I think it is fine as it is now, and I can't increase the reload time without increasing the time it takes to aim, and in that point, the pistol already sucks.

The pistol is fine how it is, in my opinion.  It's really only effective when firing at people caught unaware, as it's very inaccurate when you're trying to run away from a guard/another assasin and shoot them at the same time.

Only thing that bothers me about pistols is that the sound is so loud you hear it from all over the map... So usually i have no idea wether the shot was aimed at me or not, so i feel completely unaware when running around as a guard hearing pistol shots..

mR_dIlLeNgeR said:
The pistol is fine how it is, in my opinion.  It's really only effective when firing at people caught unaware, as it's very inaccurate when you're trying to run away from a guard/another assasin and shoot them at the same time.
+1

KillerMongoose said:
I think pistols should give off more smoke so that the shooter is easily spotted after firing.
That's what I will be doing in next version

Shoep said:
Only thing that bothers me about pistols is that the sound is so loud you hear it from all over the map... So usually i have no idea wether the shot was aimed at me or not, so i feel completely unaware when running around as a guard hearing pistol shots..
Thzat will be changed in next version too.

Ok, i need to change my opinion again after a particulary bad round:

Scenario:

Saranid map, 4 guards 5 assassins

All 5 assassins have pistols, and dont even bother hiding. Yet they are winning the round because before any of us can get close, we have 4 bullets fired at us that all instakill us. This feels stupid as the mod is not about finding assassins anymore, now its more like Battle with a sucky balance.

Well, then you should have tried something else. I'm sry to say this, but you could have been taking a ranged weapon (a bow with sarranids) and kill them if they walk around without disguise.

Shoep said:
Ok, i need to change my opinion again after a particulary bad round:

Scenario:

Saranid map, 4 guards 5 assassins

All 5 assassins have pistols, and dont even bother hiding. Yet they are winning the round because before any of us can get close, we have 4 bullets fired at us that all instakill us. This feels stupid as the mod is not about finding assassins anymore, now its more like Battle with a sucky balance.

lol I'm sure those assassin's are Mount and Musket players.

In my opinion, when pistol assassin trying to shoot while running from the guard, it's really inaccurate, however, assassins run faster than any guards, so , when they got chased, they just reload the gun. Then, when they outrun guard(s) that chase them, they just stop running. Then they aim at the one who is chasing them, and wait until that guard run in to their firing range...

The problem is, they never wait and aim until the guards get into the melee range, so if they guard get too close while they're aimming, or they missed, they just have to run and reapeat the process, until the chaser die, or until they run into the other guards.

This is what really bugging me, and it is the things that made those assassin won. It could be easily solved by just do not chase the pistol assassin, which is suck and pointless, or change to guard archer classs.

Guards are too slow in this version. In next version, Assassins will still be faster than a guard with meele weapon, while the ranged weapon guards are almost as fast as Assasins. As you get slower while reloading, the guards will then finally have a chance. Also, you will get much slower with books in next version, the more books you have the slower are you. This will help balance a bit I hope. If that still does not work I might be able to make the pistol reload only while standing still, but that would be a bit too much I think.

Back
Top Bottom