Pirates of Eberron (OOC)

Users who are viewing this thread

No! He was a good character. And I was genuinely sad I never got to use him. Now I finally have an even better opportunity I won't let it go.

Auditor said:
I'm intrigued by this, but I have no idea how this kind of thing works.  What would I do?

I'm not quite sure if I'm answering what you asked, but here goes:

So this is a play-by-post roleplaying, essentially it's similar to classic table top roleplaying except it's done via posts (and in this case there's more of a focus on writing/story/interaction than there is on rules/game mechanics).

Practically, it just means that me and Gamma keep the plot rolling on a larger level, you, write posts from your character's point of view, describing their thoughts/feelings/actions (constituting the RPing part).

If you mean what would your character specifically do, then I can also explain that (but I'll wait to see if that's what you meant).

That answers my question perfectly, thank you.  Please sign me up, I'd love to be a part of this.  How do I become more familiar with the lore?  I read the short story you wrote about the prisoner escape and the introduction to this thread, but that is all I know.

Edit:  Sorry, I thought Eberron was a setting for a fantasy novel.  I didn't realize so much free information was readily available on google. :roll: Sorry for being stupid and not checking google before asking stupid questions.

I spammed everyone I could remember from the old days.  :razz:

I'm looking to provide a sort of races, classes, alignments, stats and nations summary for Eberron in the next day or two based on some suggestions from Gamma. It won't obviously cover everything but I'm hoping to offer enough information that you can get at the very least identify a character race/class/national origin that interests you enough to look a bit further into the lore (there are a number of quite alright wikis about Eberron if you just google it).

@Auditor: glad you're interested.  :razz:

Auditor said:
Edit:  Sorry, I thought Eberron was a setting for a fantasy novel.  I didn't realize so much free information was readily available on google. :roll: Sorry for being stupid and not checking google before asking stupid questions.

No worries, readily available information isn't always that helpful but in the case of Eberron, like you said, there's actually a good bit of information out there.

I'm actually working with Gamma right now on a crew (although I'm fine with swapping NPCs out in favor of PCs, so don't let an NPC filling a role dissuade you).

At the moment what I have on paper (beyond Captain Theren) is a halfling thug specializing in throwing weapons, a sea witch with a focus on illusions, a bestial barbarian, a Karrn monk belonging to Order of the Broken Blade and an old geezer in charge of keeping the elemental powering the Swift Sorceress under control.

So the roles that need to be filled are:
  • Deckhands
  • Warriors
and maybe
  • A shipwright
  • A navigator
  • A cook (assuming you can safely cook on a wind galleon)
  • A healer
Am I missing anything?

List of neccesary roles for the well-being and well-functioning of the Swift Sorceress (the elemental galleon):
  • A healer/cleric (think back to Age of Sail, surgeons)
  • Someone with carpentry experience, with a focus on magical material (the wood of an elemental galleon is Soarwood, which can only be found on the elven continent of Aerenal, explaining the monopoly
  • House Lyrandar has on wood)
  • Shipwright (this person is less a carpenter and more of an engineer)
  • Navigator
  • Elemental binder (the old geezer mentioned in my last post fills this post as I assumed no one wanted to just sit and babysit an elemental)
  • Deckhands (but this is significantly reduced compared to a normal ship because an elemental galleon does not rely on sails for movement)

Other roles that while maybe not neccesary but certainly add to the "quality of life" of the party:

• A cook

Gamma has also suggested to me that "You just have to accept that no player wants to a job neccesary related to sailing", which is cool, having a useful skill for the party is good enough really, not everything with the story will be about sailing. For example, like any classic D&D party, having a person skilled at magic (wizard/warlock/sorcerer), someone with a penchant for stealing (rogue), a character with a gift for fighting (fighter, barbarian, ranger), and so on would be nice.

So TL:grin:R: You don't have to take a specifically nautically themed role if you don't want to (it would certainly be interesting to have a character or two that isn't really accustomed to life at sea or piracy in general), although there's certainly ample room for that.

:lol:

I mean brewers are pretty useful, anyone that understands brewing is likely to understand curing food or similar stuff, I mean hell you could even have him be an alchemist or something similar which entails knowledge of chemicals (although that might be more Gnomish).

Either way, my main concern is that your character interests you, it's hard to write if you don't care.  :razz:

Exactly; provided there is space to set up a still, the crew shall have an unfettered access to liquor.  :lol:

Or, more realistically, our island hideout would be full of beer.

Perhaps Hammerdorf could be a master chef as well.  A man of many talents with a short temper and even less patience.
I guess it would make sense to have an island hideout where captain Lyrandar can store his spoils.

Auditor said:
Perhaps Hammerdorf could be a master chef as well.  A man of many talents with a short temper and even less patience.

I think that would be really cool actually, hired as a chef, turns out he can brew a mean brew, which is always welcome on a ship for those long nights spent on the watch.

Auditor said:
I guess it would make sense to have an island hideout where captain Lyrandar can store his spoils.

Yeah, sadly his treasure is currently gone, but who knows what great profit the future holds?  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom