SP Musket Era Modern Pirates mod! Released! V2.5 for 0.751 updated 18/4

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merentha said:
Could you not set the rate of fire for the blunderbuss high enough that tapping the button would make it fire three to five times? That would get a shotgun type effect...Right now it is easily the best weapon once your skill gets over 100
I could, but it would re-load more or less instantly as well. Anyway, i think pressing the mouse button once would fire one shot. If you tap it at the moment it fires pretty fast but hits nothing.

Hey Yoshi decided to give it another shot. Did a complete uninstall of M&B and reinstalled. Everything now appears to be working.

I found another bug that I feel is pretty serious. When I enter certain places I get a "bo_small_round_tower_roof_a" error and the game shuts down. It is the same bug that no one has fixed for Darkmod. I have tried the solution that Janus provided in the Darkmod thread but as many times as I try I still can't get it to work. Can you please release a new version with the bug fixed? Thank you and keep up the great work Yoshiboy.

You could also just make it a less accurate but higher damage musket. The replica's I've seen on the market fire .95 caliber lead balls. Muskets are generally around .69 caliber.

Antibus said:
I found another bug that I feel is pretty serious. When I enter certain places I get a "bo_small_round_tower_roof_a" error and the game shuts down. It is the same bug that no one has fixed for Darkmod. I have tried the solution that Janus provided in the Darkmod thread but as many times as I try I still can't get it to work. Can you please release a new version with the bug fixed? Thank you and keep up the great work Yoshiboy.

yes yes, its not my fault :razz: why do you want to go in dakori keep, theres nothing there anyway. I will fix it up for next release. Its not really serious, it doesnt stop you from playing the game as there is nothing in dakor keep.

If its anywhere else tell me.

On ship combat:

Sometimes I've won (against river pirates) without firing the cannons or boarding, I just move closer and I win (this isn't common).
Maybe this represents surrender?

Papa Lazarou said:
On ship combat:

Sometimes I've won (against river pirates) without firing the cannons or boarding, I just move closer and I win (this isn't common).
Maybe this represents surrender?
When they fire on you, you automatically return fire.

I did notice a bug, though. I kept firing, until I was boarded by them. It never went to the battlescreen, I just kept firing and it kept telling me that they were boarding me. I only fought them when I chose to board.

wow, awesome mod, and your galleon is pretty nice too.
I think it would be better if the ships were bigger through. And I'd like a hat with eyepatch and parrot :smile:

galdred said:
wow, awesome mod, and your galleon is pretty nice too.
I think it would be better if the ships were bigger through. And I'd like a hat with eyepatch and parrot :smile:

Hat, eyepatch, AND a parrot? *Gasps* You sir ask too much! It can't be done. We have a firm system of beliefs, and your inane questionings only serve to tear down the system! What next, are you going to ask for God to make the Earth round? Or for the Earth to orbit around the Sun? Heathen! :mad:

But seriously, that would be the ultimate head gear, I vote yes!

-Grocat the Halituous but not Horrisonous

galdred said:
And I'd like a hat with eyepatch and parrot :smile:
But there is a hat with an eyepatch and a hat with a parrot... what, you want both at the same time? You greedy thing you.

EDIT: beaten by Grocat. :sad:

You could attach the parrot to the body mesh now that Thorgrim's editor is out. Then the parrot would not float in midair every time you turned your head.

:shock: I shed several tears of joy over having cable internet! Also, I love you yoshi!

Although I have PIRATES! here.

You should put in light helmets and cuirrasses for the highest level troops of the Spanish, French, and British troops.

Here's what a Spanish helmet of the period would look like:
jconhelm.jpg

Here's a British cuirass that was used up until the 19th century:
cuirass_oblique.JPG

Possibly only land forces should be wearing them but they were definitely used in warfare and I think they are owed their place in this mod.

Oh yes, another bug I've found: With merchant quests, the Native merchants give you the quests to guard a convoy, but afterwards the convoy starts out on land in a ship and cannot enter the sea. This makes it impossible to do other quests with merchants until that particular convoy is killed by land raiders or enough time passes by.

i just returned from vacation over spring break, so i havent played this mod yet, but let me say, this is one of the best mods ive seen. i realize that there are still bugs in it, but the fact that you can transition between land and sea is incredible.

yes bbcrackmonkey i am asking jik to help me with that as i know nothing about animation. Hopefully he can make something similar :smile:

Great mod. I am having great time playing it. I have some suggestions, though:

1) Get rid of the shields! They can´t block musket bullets (like they do in the game) and after all, they weren´t used in the carribean :wink:
2) Each kind of ship should require a minimum amount of sailors to man the ship! This way you won´t see the bigger ships being handled by 2 people!

Great Mod YoshiBoy, very ambitious!
I started taking down the trade routes, cos Im anal like that and I noticed that the old town names (tulga etc) are still used by the merchants.

So... I edited the conv file. I thought Id upload it, and the trade routes. I suppose that it would be a bugger to merge the convo files and its not all that important but anyway here they are:

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=2986a822d4a55b0792310edf

Hmm this host is a bit crap, sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom