Pirate_Battle_1 [SERVER REOPENED!!!]

Should the server be returned to its original settings?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No!

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I don't care, either way is fine

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

WhiteEagle

Regular
1a9teLeib.gif

SERVER REOPNED UNDER ORIGINAL SETTINGS AS OF 11/08/14

You can help keep Pirate Battle running smoothly! Donate any small amount to the community treasure chest and we'll throw it in the booty and bury it on the island of server hosting!

Our website: http://piratebattle.webs.com/

Pirate_Battle_1: Background Information

The Pirate Battle server was inspired by the numerous Naval Battle maps being created. Originally hosted by the 9th Life Infantry Regiment, and now hosted by The Picnic Party, it aims to create a fun environment to experience battle off land, on the high seas and deep waters. With over 15 maps in operation, and another set being developed, the server grows daily and always has an admin on service to regulate game-play and ensure a fair and fun environment for all players.

About the Rules

• Do not team-kill, or revenge team-kill, let the administrators do their job
  • You may NOT use your time on the server to recruit for your regiment and DO NOT spam
  • Please speak English if asked to do so by an admin
  • Do not block stairways
  • Do not delay at the end of rounds
  • Move out of spawn as soon as possible
  • An admin may override any of these rules or add to this list if a rule is missing as is deemed appropriate in game

Map Submissions
If you wish to develop a map for the server, it will be tested and if found suitable, featured for all players to enjoy!

Port/Port Assault Maps

-In development, currently accepting submissions

Island Battle Maps

-In development, currently accepting submissions

Open Sea/Open Water Maps

-Not in development, currently not accepting submissions

Want to submit a map? Private message a download link and/or password. Please include a description of your map and how often you would like it cycled on the server.

***PLEASE NOTE: By submitting a map to the administrators of this server, you allow the community to use the map indefinitely and without restrictions.***

Admin Times & Average Attendance

Admins are likely to be on:

Monday-Friday: 9:00 to 3:00 EST, 6:00 to 8:00 EST
Saturday and Sunday: 6:00 to 5:00 EST, 8:00 to 12:00 EST

Attendence

The server commonly enjoys attendance rates of up to 100 people, with an average of 50. Hosted in Germany, it handles up to 200 players with excellent pings for Europeans and a very fair ping for any North American players.​

Complete Admin List

Look for these guys if you need any help with anything on the server!

Full-privilege Admins (can issue bans):

Penn
WhiteEagle

Semi-privilege Admins (cannot issue bans):
*WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR MORE ADMINS. PLEASE APPLY ON THIS FORUM.*
Nr20_Vzlt_Myztic
CoffeeBean
Mountain
Rath
Hakunamatata
Trolldooden (previously Myztic)

Got any feedback about our admin team? Post their name(s) and what you thought of their performance or any comments you may have!

Contact Info

To inquire about the server, visit us at: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/picnicparty

Feel free to contact an administrator by adding them from the steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pb1a We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Bans may be appealed or requested by visiting our TS at picnicparty.teamspeak3.com. Please allow up to 1 week for the ban to be repealed, if necessary. Permanent bans are extremely rare, and are only given in dire circumstances by the head administrators.

Enjoy the server! Join us on steam! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/piratebattle1 :cool:

Administrator's Applications: Currently Looking for Active European and North American Admins
Please copy and paste the following application format, once you have filled it in, into the reply section of this thread.
Time available (convert to EST time):
Steam Name:
Steam Profile Link:
In-Game Name:
Are you willing to dedicate 1-2 hours per day MINIMUM to being an admin (yes or no)?
Admin experience (if any):
Why do you want to be an admin for the servers?

Thank you! :cool:

Map Suggestions: Submit us your map ideas!
Please copy and paste the following suggestion format, once you have filled it in, into the reply section of this thread. Winning suggestions will be brought to reality by our expert team of map makers! Maybe your map is a great idea! All suggestions are appreciated!
Map theme (pure naval/pirate base/partly land, etc):

Recommended map size:

Summary of what map looks like:

*Optional*Specific map layout (ie: two islands directly opposite each other, fort in between):

Thank you very much! Maybe your idea is chosen to be made into an actual Pirate Battle map for people to enjoy! :cool:

Artaxias' Mapping Corner
This is an area in the OP for one of the mappers, and current admins, of Pirate Battle 1, Artaxias. Included are his maps, each with a known bugs and suggestions section. In addition, there is a section for future/ongoing projects. He has been making maps for this server for a long time, and some of his maps were among the first to be on the server, having become known as the "classics" such as Arabian Harbour (Day)! He is proud to have contributed to such a great server, and he is also incredibly grateful to the other sceners who stepped up to help make this server what it is today! He will try to stay as up to date as possible!

**Please do note that he is not the sole mapmaker, there are plenty of other mappers, he has only made the ones in this section**​

Current Maps

Arabian Harbour (Day)

qrahbk.jpg

Suggestions:
None currently

Known bugs:
Possible need for a few more boats

Spanish Mountain Pass (Evening)

2gx2mxh.jpg

Suggestions:
None currently

Known bugs:
None known so far

Venice (Day)

33c0qx4.jpg

Suggestions:
None currently

Known bugs:
Lighthouse island has barrier issues Island removed (temporary fix, applied in next update), spawn boats have barrier issues Fixed, cannons need to be readjusted in placement Fixed, Some boats slowly sink a bit Reason Unknown

Quatre Bras (Day)

nobujk.jpg

Suggestions:
None currently

Known bugs:
Add more space within boats

Quatre Bras (Night) *Note* The update to new boats was done by Penn
35k72pv.jpg

Suggestions:
None currently

Known bugs:
None known currently

Beach (Day)
12548r5.jpg

Suggestions:
None currently

Known bugs:
None known so far

Maps In Progress
(Given temporary names, not official name for the map)
Island Fort
Map Status: Planning stage

Features: A small island fort in the middle of the map. Small boats can cut through the middle. Cannons aiming all around. Each spawn has a schooner and approximately 6 longboats.
Fleet Wreckage
Map Status: Planning stage

Map Features: This map is in early development. It will likely feature several frigates and immobile schooners sinking or damaged clumped together. It will look as if intense boarding action has occurred. Flames and smoke will light up the battlefield. Each team will spawn on opposite sides of the wreckage with several longboats. That being said players can still travel to the other side through the wreckage (albeit dangerously and courageously).

How to report a map bug and format

Map bug occurred on:

Screenshots (if needed):

Where on the map it happened:

Bug/What Happened:

Any additional Information:

Severity of bug:

Example

Map bug occurred on: Mapland

Screenshots: *place screenshot here*

Where on the map it happened: By one of the barrels at team 1 spawn (if you don't know what team, describe the spawn)

Bug/What Happened: I jumped into a spot for cover and got stuck.

Any additional Information: There was some lag, and others players were saying they were getting stuck there too.

Severity of bug: Small (ex. floating rock) Medium (ex. stuck in a spot) Severe (ex. spawning underwater)
In this case it would be medium.

How to make a suggestion on a current map

Map Name:

Suggestion:

Suggestion #2:

and so forth. You may make as many suggestions as you want, and I will make sure to read/consider all of them!

Goes without saying as soon as someone mentions pirates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoZsgNHquM​

Last updated: August 11, 2014

Polling History

10wtlyr.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5TXyJlEMc

Obligatory post when anyone mentions pirates.

At long last the server is back up after being down a few weeks. Glad to see it up and running again. There are currently 4 maps, with a 5th being added soon.

If you have suggestions for a map send me a pm, any feedback is appreciated.

Country or Residence or Timezone: England
Time available (convert to EST time): roughly around 2:00pm - 10:00pm, but it depends
Steam Name: aceskipper1
Steam Profile Link: http:// steamcommunity .com /profiles /76561198055411641 - sorry im not a high enough member to post web links so i split it up
In-Game Game: any of the following: 33rd_1stPlt_Rct_Skipper, UM_Cpt_Skipper, 57th_Rct_Sanders
Admin experience (if any): sorry none
Which server are you applying to admin (Pirate Battle 1 or Pirate Naval Siege): Pirate battle 1
Why do you want to be an admin for the servers? Because i go on your servers practically everyday and i really enjoy going on these servers and i was asked if i wanted to be an admin and this is something i would really like.

Thank you xD

Country or Residence or Timezone: United States

Time available (convert to EST time): All day, on the computer most of the time.

Steam Name: sleekcrush10

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043786508

In-Game Game: 00th_Rkt_Sleek, 29th_A_Pte_sleekcrush (Former), Marins_Cadet_Sleek (Former)
Admin experience (if any): None, but I have many friends who admin on NW_Official_US1, and I watch them admin the server all the time. For a different game, I do currently admin a Halo 1 CE server for the PC. I am familiar with the admin controls as well.

Which server are you applying to admin (Pirate Battle 1 or Pirate Naval Siege): Pirate Battle 1 and Pirate Naval Siege.

Why do you want to be an admin for the servers?: I find that I am very responsible and make very reasonable and fair choices towards certain rule breaking's, but not someone who would abuse their powers. I would like to keep the server under control while I would be there, but at the same time, make it fun for everyone.

I hope you consider my application.

:wink:

Guess you won't know till the final announcement: I'm aiming for the start of next week but we'll see. Got to organize everything including "training", etc.

Back
Top Bottom