Pirate Galaxy [Free space mmo currently in beta]

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a nice game i just found , very addictive and quite unique , i mean i haven't played a mmo to get me so much in it since a looong time .You can play on WEB or download the client (First played on web , but then got the client :grin: ) It's very cool and interesting , the first 5 min may be "hard" but then you get used with the controls (w a s d / mouse etc) and DONE , you learn how to get missions and all that .

Here's the site . http://www.pirategalaxy.com/en/

FEATURES

* AWESOME 3D GRAPHICS with high definition landscapes and stunning visual effects.
    * CUSTOMIZABLE STARSHIPS that you can equip and modify to your individual needs and taste.
    * VAST GAME UNIVERSE with hundreds of stars and planets to explore.
    * EASY-TO-LEARN CONTROLS and a streamlined user interface.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Is this one of those "free to play!" games which constantly advertise with blatant stealing of iconic sci-fi design?

If it's fun, nobody gives a ****.

I haven't tried it, but it looks strikingly similar to Space Cowboy...

Gamemako said:
Dain Ironfoot said:
Is this one of those "free to play!" games which constantly advertise with blatant stealing of iconic sci-fi design?

If it's fun, nobody gives a ****.

I haven't tried it, but it looks strikingly similar to Space Cowboy...

It may look , but it's not ^_^ the gameplay is different and quite cool the way you battle / dodge ...just try it on browser it will take 30 seconds to load and all that ^_^ . I like it , now you guys may not but still...

Is it just me, or do those graphics, and the general interface, remind me of Freespace 2?

Not that that's a bad thing...

Not really. Freespace was in first person, and had fewer polygons. :razz: The interface was completely different as well. Skimming through the video it seems to be more like a simplified EVE.

Bellum said:
Not really. Freespace was in first person, and had fewer polygons. :razz: The interface was completely different as well. Skimming through the video it seems to be more like a simplified EVE.

A simplified EVE would probably appeal to a lot more people than you'd think, the complexity and repetitiveness of some aspects are what usually drive people away from EVE in the first place.

Selicate said:
Bellum said:

A simplified EVE would probably appeal to a lot more people than you'd think, the complexity and repetitiveness of some aspects are what usually drive people away from EVE in the first place.

Would that prove that a lot of people playing games are dumbarses?

In EVE, if you ask a few questions, read a little bit, you'll know what to do. And after having played for 2 years now, I'm still learning new things, which I think is great!

Nice, you can play it without downloading client (even it is possible if you want)

I tried this first time 2 or 3 days ago. There is only one server, and it disconnects for a while, sometimes often, sometimes you can play couple of hours without interruption (atm, I can't play it, server must be down or something, I have tried to connect to it almost a hour). During disconnection, you can't collect or kill, and if you move too far from the place you were before disconnection, you soon move very fast back to that position automatically. If disconnection is too long, game shuts down, stats are saved though I think. Graphics are ok, I like the music too. It is nice to explore maps. Planet Vega 1 must be bugged or under construction, no enemies or energy there.

Anyway, quite nice beta. I recommend to try it.

EDIT: Ah, Vega 1 is working now.

Back
Top Bottom