Ping capped at 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Eartingisop

Recruit
Okay so why is my ping capped at 50? Like I recently bought a new internet and I get like 600+ mb and my ping is still capped at 50, my previous internet I would get 200 max mb and my ping was 50 so like how does it work? Because my internet has improved but the ping hasn't, is this just on warband or what?

Bandwidth doesn't matter much for ping at a certain point. Considering it's warband it doesn't really use much data to begin with, what does matter are latency and stability of your internet.

Bandwidth doesn't matter much for ping at a certain point. Considering it's warband it doesn't really use much data to begin with, what does matter are latency and stability of your internet.
My internet is pretty stable i use lan cable also

Sorry if something is hard to understand but english isn't my first language..

Your ping pretty much depends on how far away from server you are. Games usually dont take much internet bandwith so getting 'faster' internet wont help as it's not really faster it just got more bandwith. Imagine your internet bandwith before you upgraded as a car. Car needs to go from your place to server with trunk loaded with 200 pounds/kg (units do not matter). Now you upgraded your internet and you have a truck but it still needs to go from your place to server but it's still only loaded with 200 pounds/kg (that capacity is what games need to run/tell the server what its doing). It doesn't matter your truck now can load 2000 pounds/kg if server only needs 200 pounds/kg. It wont make it go faster, bandwith is just capacity. Bandwith only makes it so it can carry more. If your friends live in same city as you and you still have much worse ping.. It could be happening if your isp isnt paying for premium lines/connection. Imagine driving a car. You can go on roads you dont have to pay for or you can pay and get on highway. On normal roads you'll have to go 400 miles/km(unit doesnt matter for this) to reach server and on highway it will take you 200 miles/km to travel to server. So in general the further away you are from server the worse ping will get. There are few more points we could talk about. Like at normal days your ping is ok but on weekends(where more ppl use internet) you get twice as big ping. Going with road/car analogy.. think about traffic jams. It will make your speed much lower and you'll reach 'server' much much later.

Back
Top Bottom