Need More Info Pikes sometimes unable to attack (due to spear brace)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main

Mushbeast

Knight at Arms
Summary: Sometimes when you spawn in with the pike, it's able to be equipped but unable to attack at all. Sometimes switching the weapon will fix it, but this latest death I was unable to attack with the pike for almost a minute, and switching weapons would not fix it. It seems to be a new bug since the last patch, and the flashing spear icon in the video below points towards pike bracing as being the culprit. It should be noted I didn't press X to brace any time on that death.

How to Reproduce: Whilst I'm not entirely sure on how to replicate it, if you jump on a multiplayer server and use the pike you should notice it happening at least once every round. Seems to happen mainly after re spawning and it doesn't appear to happen again after the first time. The spear brace icon seemed to flash like that every time I clicked the left mouse button. For some reason it fixed itself by the end, but it persisted long enough for me to bother making this post :razz:

Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

EDIT: It appears that flashing brace icon happens every time you're standing still with the pike and attack. Regardless, you can still see that I was trying to attack and nothing was happening.

Last edited:
No worries, I'll add now after some testing that it appears to be something to do with that invisible attack animation issue. I had another death where I spawned like that and couldn't attack, though I managed to kill a horse even though the animation didn't play.

I never seemed to notice it happen before the recent patch though.

The QA team informed me that they were unable to reproduce this issue in the most recent version of the game. Can you try to reproduce this issue again in the latest version of the game?

I'll give it a shot but I really have no clue how to reproduce it, it seemed to just happen randomly when spawning in sometimes. If I figure it out or capture more footage I'll be sure to post it.

Well after reinstalling a few days ago I haven't noticed it once so you may be right. I'll let you know if it pops back up :smile:

I can confirm the bug is still there, though it is a rare one. It's definitely some sort of invisible attack though as I've dealt damage even while my character doesn't make any sort of attack animation (and the model didn't even touch the enemy). Unfortunately I still have no clue how to replicate it, and I've not noticed it for any weapon except the pike.

It seems to be hardly an issue these days and only happens in the rarest of occasions (usually on a respawn) but maybe one day you will find the cause behind it :razz:

Back
Top Bottom