MP Musket Era Pike & Shotte (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dammit I can't believe I missed the release of this :l

A little nit;

pike thrusts should be a bit faster, they were only 5ish lbs in weight.

Mamlaz said:

A little nit;

Pikes would've been too long and unwieldy to thrust effectively with irl. Thrusting works fine as it is. It's meant to be a group weapon, not a 1v1 combat weapon.

Mamlaz said:

A little nit;

Its also still a pretty deadly weapon. Almost nothing can stop a pikeblock

Wigster600 said:
Pikes would've been too long and unwieldy to thrust effectively with irl. Thrusting works fine as it is. It's meant to be a group weapon, not a 1v1 combat weapon.

Pikes were actually just 4-6lbs and quite easy to thrust with.

Increased length does not effect thrusting motion much, only sideways movement.

Dazzer said:

Not sure, the video posted here showed the swordsmen(without shields) handling a pike attack really well and winning.

Mamlaz said:
Wigster600 said:

Pikes were actually just 4-6lbs and quite easy to thrust with.

Increased length does not effect thrusting motion much, only sideways movement.

Dazzer said:

Not sure, the video posted here showed the swordsmen(without shields) handling a pike attack really well and winning.
I made sure everything is balanced to the slightest. If a group of swordsmen attacks a smaller band of pikemen, usually the musketeers win, and I imagine it would be similar irl.

Anyways, welcome Patwick, our new modeler who is creating some models for us  :grin: I will post some screenshots of his creations

New musketeer uniform, by Patwick
v19msDD.png

Nice musketeer uniform. I think it would be enhanced with a snap sack as opposed to a bed roll. matmohair1's research flagged that snap sacks were issue items from 1626. There's a great mesh for one in Willhelm's 19th Century pack - brit_artillery.2 (it just needs retexturing to canvas as opposed to white).

NPC99 said:
Riding cats looks fun.  :grin:

I had wondered why you wanted the model in multiplayer.
Its a reference to a picture I posted on our old thread on FSE forum  :smile:. I added a lobster helmet to a cat from "The first muster" painting

Dazzer said:
NPC99 said:

Its a reference to a picture I posted on our old thread on FSE forum  :smile:. I added a lobster helmet to a cat from "The first muster" painting

A friend from another forum drew this Royalist cat getting shot at by a Parliamentarian Cat:

cat_parody__royalist_cavalier_vs_ironsides_cavalry_by_emperortigerstar-d7q5lbd.jpg

Scuba Steve said:
Dazzer said:
NPC99 said:

A friend from another forum drew this Royalist cat getting shot at by a Parliamentarian Cat:

cat_parody__royalist_cavalier_vs_ironsides_cavalry_by_emperortigerstar-d7q5lbd.jpg
Looks bloody amazing  :grin:

You can kind of notice the cuirass's design is anachronistic, but still, it looks **** amazing. Absolutely stunning job. Well done. Spiffy. Thicc.

The Halberd should deffo be different though. Use WFAS's. (the more plain looking one) That one is beautiful and fitting. Give the fancier looking one to officers.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection and upon seeing the Osprey again i think it would do justice to historical accuracy if you blackened it a little. It would also help conceal the anachronistic aesthetic of the cuirass a little.

YourStepDad said:
You can kind of notice the cuirass's design is anachronistic, but still, it looks **** amazing. Absolutely stunning job. Well done. Spiffy. Thicc.

The Halberd should deffo be different though. Use WFAS's. (the more plain looking one) That one is beautiful and fitting. Give the fancier looking one to officers.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection and upon seeing the Osprey again i think it would do justice to historical accuracy if you blackened it a little. It would also help conceal the anachronistic aesthetic of the cuirass a little.
Thanks for suggestions, the halberd is just a placeholder now so I might change it. It is blackened, it just looks different in Openbrf (the program I took the picture in). Bear in mind that the reference picture doesnt have to be 100% accurate too, its just speculations. The colour of the armour could have varied

Back
Top Bottom