Pictures of Steppe Warriors

Users who are viewing this thread

__Khanate__

Veteran
Hello all,

Just wanted to share link I found. Tought that it would be interesting to some players, because there are mainly "actual" drawnings from steppe warriors as Huns, Scythians, Parthians, Magyars etc.

Some examples:

step37mwcy5.jpg

thescythians700300bc026bl2.jpg

We see woman in this picture. Scythian women were allowed to marry men and make children after they have killed- if i remember correctly- 5 men in battlefield and brought their heads to the local chieftain.
thescythians700300bc064dg9.jpg

Ostrogoths meet with Sarmatians:
bar251wiil8.jpg

Hun getting his arrow back:
jsj4si.jpg

w10fjh6.jpg

025et1xe2.jpg

097kqpb8.jpg

mon14cach5.jpg

mon80wsxk0.jpg

Check it out:
http://steppes.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=board21&action=print&thread=439

Your URL doesn't work and it seems to me these pics have been lifted from Osprey books.  :neutral:

Anyway, I find it very hard to believe that a scythian woman had to have five kills on her name before getting married. Kind of makes it difficult to have a growing population.  :lol:

They're awesome pics though; I need to get me some of those books.

Naw, they ride ponies so you don't really need to bend over.  Ofcourse, they'll kill you as soon as you start glaring at them from on high...

Wow, so these are "actual" pictures from the 1st century BC, they're incredibly well preserved!

I'm just joking of course, this material could prove very handy for modders!

Yep, I've had this link bookmarked for about a month, I was even looking at it today in Civics class. Bloody coincidence. But yeah, I think Temujin mentioned it.

Did he? I don't recall how I got there in the first place. NikeBG, a member there, certainly is a member here too, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom