Pickup Parties [EU]

Users who are viewing this thread

xls

Squire
We seriously need pickup parties in EU scene.

For those who have no idea what that is:
- A steam announcement is made to gather people.
- Around 15 mins later, on the server announced 14-20 people meet for the party.
- Two volunteer captains are picked. They duel, and the winner gets the first pick.
- Until no players left, they pick everyone and split the crowd into two teams.
- And the scrim starts.

You EU folks take matches too seriously. We also need these fun matches. I'm sure we can find a good deal of people on a specific night who have no scrims whatsoever and just play on IG. I've already arranged three such matches with random folks I've asked in the last weeks (big thanks to Castellan, DoF and Malta - they were kind enough to face our random Kebab team). Let's make this more organized and reach out to more people.

This is to see if more people are really up for this. Let's form the steam group, huh?

24fbtjc.png

Originated from NA, Pickup Parties are spontaneous fun matches in EU. Over a Steam announcement made, join in our TS and the selected server to have match with random people!
And pls pls pls pls, talk more & be less seriouss - this is for fun!

Join the community:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pickuppartyeu

Our TS slot on Battlegrounds:
voip.arrakis-net.com
(Find Pickup Party! channel under Events)

Event Organizers:
(Ask any of these guys, if you want to shoot a pickup)
xls
Volcom
Shingen
Napoleon
Erminas
Garde
Belendor
Silver

Format
Code:
- A steam announcement is made to gather people. Join our TS from this moment on.
- Around 15 mins later, on the server announced you meet for the party.
- Two volunteer captains are picked. They duel first to three, and the winner gets the first pick of players.
- Picking goes on and on until everyone is assigned to a team.
- Losing party on the duels picks the first map and factions, and the winning party picks the second one.
- And the scrim starts.
- You can always join even in the middle of a scrim, with the condition that team sizes should always be balanced. So, you have to bring a friend to join the other team in such a case.

Results so far:

Napoleon 9 vs. 7 OGL
Vivar 12 vs. 4 xls
Paulo 13 vs. 3 Ellerton (Bumble Bee)
LeRoux 11 vs. 5 KilleR
xls 11 vs. 5 Shingen (the true leader in our hearts!)
Vivar 11 vs. 5 Napoleon
Fietta 8 vs. 8 Erminas
LeRoux 11 vs. 5 Monopolish
Menethil 11 vs. 5 Toi
33afdc5.png

Sounds good. There is a thread on this forum that's similar to this idea though. Just nobody uses it. Your way probably better.

Nice!

I formed the group (also added to OP):
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pickuppartyeu

So join in guys! :twisted:

One thing. Not everyone should have the right to send pickup announcements, as they might just turn into spam messages. So I am thinking of having maybe like 5-10 guys to actually have this right. If anyone wants a pickup, they can just shoot a steam message to these "officers" so an official announcement can be made, if there is interest. What do you suggest on this?

I've lead kebab in one of those scrims and it was really fun.
I think people will sign up for this through steam notifications, good initiative xls :smile:

In Turkish community we have done lots of those kinda matches.You have also joined some of them.But thing is there is no more ppl around in turkish community to play those kinda fun matches.Hope you can gather enuff man from EU scene :smile:

Guy Fawkes said:
In Turkish community we have done lots of those kinda matches.You have also joined some of them.But thing is there is no more ppl around in turkish community to play those kinda fun matches.Hope you can gather enuff man from EU scene :smile:
Of course I remember. It was also a great way for me back then to get to know the community. We've already made 3 matches so far, and judging by the replies here I'm sure we'll find enough people :smile:

You should maybe ask for a few channels on battlegrounds teamspeak.
Oh, and you can also give me the right to make announcements and events in the Steam group. I also planned to do this some time ago, but was either not home or busy with a running tournament.

its a good idea, and the american one i played in was really fun. only problem i can really see is that its only a portion of the eu players that are comfortable with speaking english

Back
Top Bottom