Pick a wife

Users who are viewing this thread

Anistec

Recruit
So in a search for a wife all over Calradia...and i was thinking...which wife would be the best (except looks)....would be better to get a civilian wife with just horse riding and steward and work my way up with her skills or should a pick a battle ready one with not much room for improvements?

1: Your children match her culture always in current versions, so keep in mind cultural perks for your heirs and future party leaders/governors.
2:The younger she is the easier it will be to crank out babies, Now that death in battle is 2%, it's not viable to "replace" spouses.
3:The gear on the spouse can be a very real and immediate advantage early game. Getting a strong weapon like a noble bow or long glaive is
makes the player very powerful as the vanguard in lord battles, able to easily destroy high tier units. Look at enemies on the map or visit non-party leaders in castles to have an easier time seeing what weapons the posses!
4: Captain, party leader, governor, the skills and perks of the spouse do matter and IMO getting high combat skills and other "martial" passive skills is much harder (or impossible) then say the steward and charm on non-combat heroes. So I would value martial skills (for the perks) over steward and charm. You can easily have most anyone be you steward and build the skill up.

So it's trade off all over. For a martial value wife and gear I'd look at Abigai and Yana, or possibly their material Aserai counterparts. Obviously if you want Battanian or Empire babies, you gotta get those spouses instead.

A real big brain move is to just make you character a woman so your children match the culture you chose and you can marry a martial male party leader with good skills and gear.

I don't care about age or culture. I go for the cuties and hotties. Weather they're feminine or amazonian. I use console commands as well because I HATE the current system that's a one try and most likely to fail even with 300+ charm. Lets see I married

Ira (if I can't lay with her mom I'll take the daughter)
Zuad (cutest Aserai)
Arwa (most exotic of the Aserai bachelorettes)
Corein (cutest Battanian and a decent warrior)
Siga (mature women ftw death by snoo snoo)
Svana (another dominate looking woman that could shatter my pelvic bone any day)
Bolat (adorable young Khuzait bae)
Yana (if I can't have her mom I'll take her instead)

I honestly don't care much about the clan, age, race, or fighting capability. I just look at their appearance because what else is there? Its no like The Sims where they have personalities. We'll need modders to add those things like the unique companions from Warband.

Oh I just noticed I never married a Vlandian woman. Heh they don't got any good candidates in my eyes. Plus there's no feasts so I don't care for their culture yet. Gotta wait a few hundred years till Warband kicks in for Butter Feasts galore.

I don't care about age or culture. I go for the cuties and hotties. Weather they're feminine or amazonian. I use console commands as well because I HATE the current system that's a one try and most likely to fail even with 300+ charm. Lets see I married

Zuad (cutest Aserai)
Svana (another dominate looking woman that could shatter my pelvic bone any day)

I honestly don't care much about the clan, age, race, or fighting capability. I just look at their appearance because what else is there? Its no like The Sims where they have personalities. We'll need modders to add those things like the unique companions from Warband.

Oh I just noticed I never married a Vlandian woman. Heh they don't got any good candidates in my eyes. Plus there's no feasts so I don't care for their culture yet. Gotta wait a few hundred years till Warband kicks in for Butter Feasts galore.
i just deleted my 20 hours save file cuz i felt like i did a bad wife choice..(dont even comment it...i know its stupid to delete it just cuz of this but heyyyy...i like it how i like lol)...i totally get it my dude...i do the same...hell..Svana looks AMAZING...a bit tall...but still...also check Silvid from Vlandia...she is a hot one

i just deleted my 20 hours save file cuz i felt like i did a bad wife choice..(dont even comment it...i know its stupid to delete it just cuz of this but heyyyy...i like it how i like lol)...i totally get it my dude...i do the same...hell..Svana looks AMAZING...a bit tall...but still...also check Silvid from Vlandia...she is a hot one
I got Svana in my current playthrough :wink:
She's the Sturgian version of Rhagaea

I got Svana in my current playthrough :wink:
She's the Sturgian version of Rhagaea
yes!!!...she is hoooooot....i also use a mod that lets you change their appearance cuz most companions looks like potatoes so i make her a bit shorter to match my height :razz:

Mesui is so hot!

Mesui.jpg

So in a search for a wife all over Calradia...and i was thinking...which wife would be the best (except looks)....would be better to get a civilian wife with just horse riding and steward and work my way up with her skills or should a pick a battle ready one with not much room for improvements?
ur mom

:dab:

I try to marry in the first year of the game.

I go for the following:

1. Faction of future intent to join or rule - partner may become a governor so good to know.
2. High traits: steward, charm, trade, tactics, leadership - charm because I'll leave them in a city for a few years where I want to use as a base to get my recruit levels up.
3. Armour and bow. For me, having good armour and a noble bow allows me to go without a party for a year or two - solo runs speed up your faction and character levelling up.

I usually end up marrying one of a small group of the same men or women (I play as either depending on my mood) where traits align with gear. But some gear I leave for down the track (I used to look for a glaive or rhomphalia, but I tend to go for a sledge hammer early game now). I'll marry off my brothers strategically to get more gear, a good horse, imperial armour or good trade skills (because they're all going to run caravans in the early game - brothers and all) - unless there's someone left on the shelf with really high medicine or engineering, I might take them into my party.

I don't care about their fighting skills. They're all going to end up alongside the archers with a crossbow anyway.

What's this 'looks' thing you talk about?

Last edited:
I try to marry in the first year of the game.

I go for the following:

1. Faction of future intent to join or rule - partner may become a governor so good to know.
2. High traits: steward, charm, trade, tactics, leadership - charm because I'll leave them in a city for a few years where I want to use as a base to get my recruit levels up.
3. Armour and bow. For me, having good armour and a noble bow allows me to go without a party for a year or two - solo runs speed up your faction and character levelling up.

I usually end up marrying one of a small group of the same men or women (I play as either depending on my mood) where traits align with gear. But some gear I leave for down the track (I used to look for a glaive or rhomphalia, but I tend to go for a sledge hammer early game now). I'll marry off my brothers strategically to get more gear, a good horse, imperial armour or good trade skills (because they're all going to run caravans in the early game - brothers and all) - unless there's someone left on the shelf with really high medicine or engineering, I might take them into my party.

I don't care about their fighting skills. They're all going to end up alongside the archers with a crossbow anyway.

What's this 'looks' thing you talk about?
you are not wrong...but at the same time fighting skills give also government perks....and you know what i mean about looks.bro!i am sure you have seen in game female characters *Rhaghea couch cough cough* and was like ''daaaaamn i need her to make me babies!''

Ira is the best.
Ira gave my character five giant children with her giant loins.
That was before she was patched to not be a giant anymore, though.
Jokes aside (Ira is the best, no joke there) I usually prefer to use any wife as a governor. So I tend to look for the steward trait. And if you're looking for a quick gear upgrade, the daughters of the most powerful clans (those who are battle-ready, not the one in civilian clothing) are usually VERY well equipped and you can just strip them immediately after marriage.
Wait, that came out wrong.

Zuad (cutest Aserai)

Got about half way down this list before completely losing it. I cant even begin to imagine thinking this during normal gameplay, and yet you have a pre-meditated list? Brilliant stuff man

Back
Top Bottom