Phosphor v21 r5 bug reports and discussion here

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a fair mid range, map stutters for me on wait, and when diplomacy has its occasional siezure.

gsanders said:
stutter is probably your PC is fairly weak.  I don't get it but my PC is fairly strong.  There are a lot more parties on the map than before, so this is the stutter.
Otherwise there already is optimization to prevent as many triggers going off at once (in native 6 hour, 12 hour, 24 hour, weekly, monthly triggers could all occur at the same time when they line up, causing more stutter than needed).  These all have different offsets, so 12 hour events are 13 hour events, 24 hour events are 23 hours, weekly events are week+1 hour, all to reduce stutter.  It's been that way all summer long.

bodyguards are annoying, thanks for the observation
  OK I found the issue, thanks to your observation:  PBOD adds bodyguards on its own, regardless of all my tricks to prevent too many bodyguards.
  I can now ask it to not do this in  xgm_mod_options  for a short term fix and long term go find the extra code in PBOD and comment that away.
  Tested with Perisno_v77_r02 to validate, works.

ship caravans sit at port while trading, for several days.  When first spawned they are spawned directly to the destination, so they will seldom be seen moving.
All sea traders are respawned (that is removed and then available to put in place again) every 8 days, so even if they were stuck they get cleaned up weekly.
  This also means if a coastal city is captured the sea traders it has spawned are reduced in number for the old faction within 9 days.

Custom settlements wont be looked at until February.  I am extremely short on time right now.

The nearest thing to an Amazon faction is the matriarchy of the Drow at Silk Throat, although they still keep males as cannon fodder and to tie up for kicks
  (new companion Saamsa warns about Drow female behavior and alludes in a family friendly way to their pet spiders and vicious treatment of men).

Elven (Redwood Nation), Drow, and Cretas matriarchies offer women players fiefs/vassalage exactly like other factions offer males.  This is your roleplay compromise.

- GS

Thanks for the reply, and the clarification on the ships and the timing of events, etc. I just started playing this mod a few days ago, and tried to educate myself as best i could before commenting and trying to test, but familiarity takes time heh.

Running a 750 ti in a last gen i5 with 8 megs of ram. Noticed the stutters so did the "reval map" test. Its not too bad in organic gameplay, but id imagine it might be an issue for people with even weaker systems than mine. At times I noticed there were almost as many "battlefields" on the map as their were parties (and this mod does not spawn as many as some) so that might be the primary culprit.

The duplicate bodyguards reminded me of a bug i had in my long aborted oblivion mod, after merging two systems, so I checked the options

Love where your going with the mod, and it will be great when you have your own wholly controlled setting and not at the mercy of part timers and children.

First time ever i see a elf with cancer.  :lol:

Maybe you know it already but there are some drow villages in Drachen Territory...
(They still give you drachen troops when recruiting)

Gsanders,

Firstly, thank you for all your hard work in regards to Phospher!  I am enjoying it, even though it is obvious there are certain aspects I do not full understand yet.

Also, do not take the following list of items I found as criticism or a complaint.  I am simply trying to pass along any weird behavior I see to help make this a better mod.  I am playing v21.50 Test I

1.  The village of Nemeja on the left side the Mountain face is cut in two with one part floating above the rest of the Mountain
2.  Village of Glunmar is at the wrong height.  Most of the buildings are in the ground.
3.  The Tavern in Dwallor and Karmoth have people at the wrong height or not there entirely.
4.  It usually takes multiple clicks to enter a Town, Village, or Castle.  Even when I do "Move Here" I do not always enter them.
5.  Prisons in Castles appear to be Productive Enterprises (am I misunderstanding something, is that what they are suppose to be?).
6.  Villages all have a weird set of choices too (I might be misunderstanding the game mechanic), as they too appear to be productive enterprises controlled by the player.

Lastly, I would like to lobby for the addition of an Iron mine in the Mountains near Chalbek Castle (you can move the one from near Forde if you want or add an additional one, which ever works for you).  Maybe add something else on that peninsula, besides the Iron mine like a Fertile Area would be nice too.  Though, this is a completely selfish request as that is the area I plan to have my "Main base."

DanF_Griffin said:
  I am playing v21.50 Test I

1.  The village of Nemeja on the left side the Mountain face is cut in two with one part floating above the rest of the Mountain
2.  Village of Glunmar is at the wrong height.  Most of the buildings are in the ground.
3.  The Tavern in Dwallor and Karmoth have people at the wrong height or not there entirely.
4.  It usually takes multiple clicks to enter a Town, Village, or Castle.  Even when I do "Move Here" I do not always enter them.
5.  Prisons in Castles appear to be Productive Enterprises (am I misunderstanding something, is that what they are suppose to be?).
6.  Villages all have a weird set of choices too (I might be misunderstanding the game mechanic), as they too appear to be productive enterprises controlled by the player.

Lastly, I would like to lobby for the addition of an Iron mine in the Mountains near Chalbek Castle (you can move the one from near Forde if you want or add an additional one, which ever works for you).  Maybe add something else on that peninsula, besides the Iron mine like a Fertile Area would be nice too.  Though, this is a completely selfish request as that is the area I plan to have my "Main base."

I haven't formally updated Pho in a good long time (3 months now), when I had been releasing new versions every 10 days.  In part my health deteriorated, in large part from my insistence on maintaining a very hard push to release.  I had a number of kidney problems from niacin supplements I was using for quick energy, and despite having monumental output September-October by mid November this became a crisis.  I just came out of surgery 2 days ago, to end the saga on this.

In the meantime I pretty much withdrew from Perisno for now; Pho as a early 0.8 Perisno blend was put on back burner.  Michadr and the new crew will make a completely different looking 0.8, but they'll do it very slowly.  Perisno / Pho needs a serious rebalance in troops, much of the code base needs to be reviewed line by line, and there are quite a few places where deep changes are needed to optimize performance.  Instead of pouring time into all of that, the entire reason for basing Pho off of Perisno was to focus on coding while not having to work on artwork.  By now I can get more bang for my time from reworking Warsword Conquest, which I have been doing, although it won't have a magic / magic resist system for a good long time if ever.

Some of the changes I've made there in the last month I've back ported to the next Pho, but with no attempt at save game compatibility.  If I did release a update for Pho it would be from stubbornness - wanting at least 1 clean version out the door after a year of alpha type unfinished "here's what it looks like today" type "technical previews".  I'd still like to finish a magic resistance system, remove unused armors and their very heavy resources, and implement a presentations driven magic system, probably using elements from TGS (the gathering storm). 

There are a number of places that Pho was broken when I last left it; besides not auto-entering towns there is an issue in leaving towns if some event is queued up - training at guilds, crafting, anything that takes time.  There was some corruption of 41-43 in memory slots from an expanded relations-with-heroes table, which most noticeably affected dodging.  Some of these corrections will absolutely break save games.

I'd like to throw away half the magic items, they were just place holders anyway.  We'll see how much actually gets implemented in the future -- it may be easier for me to just submod Warsword Conquest than try to fix Perisno.  That would gain superior scenes, more diversity in items and models, and quite a few new races and a better map for sailing.  The is true sea travel in Warsword Conquest, which would be one thing to port, although I can see some weaknesses as well, which I think I'll fix for the benefit of both mods.  In general there is less to fix with Warsword than Perisno, but there are differences in feature list.  There is not for example Diplomacy, which changes greatly the possibilities for kingdom management and in theory recruiting lords.  With so many new races there is the concept of racial prejudice to factor in, and this is something I've built a system for -- at the moment 18 variations of skin are accounted for, soon to be 20, giving a 20x20 array of prejudices to manage in list form, with tools to enter the initial prejudices reliably, view, retrieve, convert faction to skin, determine make up of a party and stack by stack within a party check prejudice for a potential new member, and so on.  So there are many new factors to consider.

You can view progress here:  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145937.0.html
  Probably this is released in about 2-3 weeks, after which I'll look back into updating or moving Pho.

If I had more time with art I'd make my own forum/non submod; I lack time to make a decent map and pull models.

- GS

Gsanders,

Thanks for the response, and congrats on getting out of the hospital!  I am in 100% agreement with taking care of your health before everything else. 

I understand, your supporting Warsword over Pho.  Though, personally I am not much of a Warhammer fan, due to my dislike of it's primary themes (Grimdark & Rule of Cool).  It is a very popular setting and has a lot of fans & supporters (I have even played it a few times too, because it is so ubiquitous).  So, in the end you need to do what is the most fun for you.

Good Luck 

DanF_Griffin said:
Gsanders,

Thanks for the response, and congrats on getting out of the hospital!  I am in 100% agreement with taking care of your health before everything else. 

I understand, your supporting Warsword over Pho.  Though, personally I am not much of a Warhammer fan, due to my dislike of it's primary themes (Grimdark & Rule of Cool).  It is a very popular setting and has a lot of fans & supporters (I have even played it a few times too, because it is so ubiquitous).  So, in the end you need to do what is the most fun for you.

Good Luck

Second that. Glad you're alive and kicking GS!

zykox said:
DanF_Griffin said:
Gsanders,

Good Luck

Second that. Glad you're alive and kicking GS!

I was pretty hurting yesterday but today seems to be alright.  The operation passed well enough, I gave birth to my 11.7 mm long x 6 mm wide calcium oxylate stone and yesterday some followup tiny stones blocked me until I passed them last evening.  At the moment I have a slight fever/headache but was able to make progress with Warsword Conquest's update.  I'm tuning the prejudice engine further, to apply it to things like npc companions only showing at friendly/neutral towns with regards to their race (they have 18 virtual skins, soon to be 20 -- and that works out to 17 races plus 3 female sets, which is different from the symettrical build used with Phosphor).

Boy I sure don't like the restrictions that come with using Warhammer, but their code is tremendously cleaner than Perisno due to fewer handoffs in the coders.  Pretty much one person maintained it start to finish and they didn't change teams every year; this said there are things done here/in Perisno they never got working fully - diplomacy for example.  But they did things Perisno never did -- unique sounds for mounts, and item restrictions for wearing the wrong armor for your race (which is critical if the race is really wearing a costume).  They have a nice sea travel adaptation from Brytenwalda but I'm still tuning that for better behavior when jumping off ships.  I'd like to remove the ability to reload firearms when in the water, which should make crossbows, hand crossbows, spears, javelins, blow pipes and so on more practical for watery fights.  Finally, some logic as to why everyone isn't using firearms.  I'd like to expand underwater fights a bit too later, especially in the night/muddy water. 

I know it feels like I have knifed Phosphor, but actually I'm acumulating a fair amount of code that can revitalize my push for something "new".  I don't believe in just leeching without giving something back in trade, and even if Perisno didnt appreciate the code given I did my best at the time.  The "new" Perisno 0.8 intends to toss all of what I did in the last year and start fresh, which is fine.  I sort of feel the same about all the code they gave me before 15 months ago -- tossing THAT and starting fresh might do a world of good.  The whole idea was to use art and scenes that I didnt have to struggle with so I could focus on code -- and JUST code.  At this point, bloated to 3.46 GB by 1000 unused items and resource/texture bloat, plus dogged by a very large number of issues, its hard to justify pouring more glue over the old boat.  If I do so its only because I'm stubborn and wanted it for pride's sake.  Technically the map in Warsword Conquest is more sea travel friendly; I really dont like being tied up and married to GW's lore, nor being refused a forum simply because it "belongs" to someone else. 

Ratonga are 1979 era AD&D (Advanced Dungeons and Dragons); a few years later GW "Warhammer" had "Skaven".  Orcs, goblins, dwarves, elves, dark elves, undead skeletons, and even lizardmen were all in AD&D before Warhammer took them.  The lore I could care less about.  The troop trees are cute but of less importance to me.  Factions and names are unimportant labels.  If I had a decent map and someone pulling models that were truly OSP I'd say it was needed to make a third alternative.  But for now I may as well expand the code base.  There are plenty of places I can plug in new layers in any existing mod,
and I guess thats always been what motivates me -- adding some "new" layer.  I know I made too many releases as part of my "transparent development" (which is slightly different than open development), but oh well.

I'm glad to see you're still here, even if there isn't as much to see as I wanted.  I was doing fine enough until November.  I'll have to accept a slower pace from now on and just be satisfied to push myself to my new limits instead of trying to recover the body energy state of my teens.  I'll say I sure think more clearly than I used to back in high school -- genius or not.

- GS

squamouss said:
http://imgur.com/lh5C706

Some lords have villages attached to them when they move.

this would be the last factions  Aruolo, Drow, and possibly down into the giants.  Technically they ran out of icons, as there are more lords than unique banner icons.
Someday I'll find a cure, possibly by trimming further the number of lords or setting several to share the same banner.

gsanders said:
squamouss said:
http://imgur.com/lh5C706

Some lords have villages attached to them when they move.

this would be the last factions  Aruolo, Drow, and possibly down into the giants.  Technically they ran out of icons, as there are more lords than unique banner icons.
Someday I'll find a cure, possibly by trimming further the number of lords or setting several to share the same banner.

Oh ok. Also I found another thing. I can't just rest indefinitely anymore. Even when I set wait times for 168 hours, the game will always eject me from wherever I'm staying after a single day.

Is there a way to fix this?

Totentag's back, with a whole new bug to report!

It seems that, regardless of my starting situation, every village elder has the dialog tree of an Enterprise... person (I forgot the vanilla name).

Here is what I'm referring to. I've confirmed this with three starts so far, one as a princess, one as a vassal, and one as an unvassalized character. It should be noted that this is preventing me from doing the usual elder mission spam required to increase a village's opinion of you, even with a village belonging to me. It DOES, however, let me take whatever I like from the village stores so... I can deal with it until it's fixed. ;D

mvz111 said:
1)  No one other than the Drow Matriarch (~2800) has any renown level (all others 0).  She apparently doesn't want to be marshall so they never pick one and always stay near Silk Throat even though they were at war with 3 other factions.  Only realized the renown issue, when the Matriarch said no one was good enough for her to support.

Confirmed in Test I, but this appears to be an issue for all factions.  I tried creating a character for Reich Des Drachen as a vassal, then discovered that my village was a favorite looting resort for the nobles of Maccavia.  When I checked with other Reich vassals to see what the realm was doing, they always said "We are waiting for the selection of a marshal."

I found this issue again when I tried enlisting with the Princess of the Redwood Nation (on a different character); she went to Maras Castle, then sat there for over 30 consecutive days with exactly 51 troops, never recruiting more or venturing outside of the castle.  She likewise said that they were awaiting the selection of a marshal.  I checked her entry in notes, and I found that she had 0 renown, as did every other kingdom lord/lady I checked (excluding rulers of factions, who all had 2000+ renown.)

One other annoying little bug: I found that, on two of my characters, Sut Clansmen Giants randomly appear in my party without warning.  I normally discover them when I get the message "Some of your soldiers are ready to upgrade" as a result of training.  Occasionally I find them when trying to recruit Wisemen and being told that my party is already full.

Perhaps the most annoying bug of all is that, every third battle or so where I have Wizards on my side, I lose anywhere from 16 to 30 troops to my own Wizards (even against a mere 7 mid-level enemies!)  I have also had Wall of Water take my own character out (for 125 damage exactly) when throwing from horseback, and dealing exactly 500 damage to the enemy I hit.  Maybe 1 in 4 times where I hit an enemy it one-hit kills that enemy and anyone nearby.  Otherwise, it does single-target damage in the mid 30s just like a standard throwing weapon.

Gsanders, thank you for your work, and I sympathize with your struggle as the only coder for your project; that was what killed my first venture into coding back around junior high or so.

Now, back to procrastinating over figuring out how to get the .net framework to work in WINE Windows Compatibility Layer for Linux...

Edit:  I just found another weird one.  "You gain 9 aurums from begging.  You lose 0 honor and 0 renown."  Not only have I never begged on that character, but I was in the field running for town after surviving two bandit ambushes in a row.  I had been trying to figure out why my honor kept dropping; if something triggered begging by mistake (and turned it into an infinite loop), that would explain it.  I think the honor issues started after I researched Banking, but I am not certain. Okay, apparently this was caused by my clicking one time too many on a town trying to enter it...  The last click evidently hit "start begging" and I did not realize it for some time.  Since begging continues even after leaving the town, the honor and renown loss kept going until I entered another town and selected "stop begging."  With this setup, it feels like begging really should go under either "Take an Action" or "Choose a strategic option" in the Camp menu...  But that one is merely a minor annoyance, at least for me.

If I everwent to fix that I'd remove begging entirely, and instead offer to put you to work for someone else for some modest wage.
If you had men at arms they could work too for their wages instead of hitting your pay.  Time would pass and eventually you'd have some small but honest pay to restart with.

Pho was mainly a shim to play with magic and test Perisno 0.8 about 20 months before it became fashionable.
I put all my effort into Warsword Rigale as the successor of Pho.  By the way there is a greatly cleaned up Perisno 0.8 out now.
It probably has vast sections of Pho removed but they did greatly clean up the item bloat and made the game fit into a 32-bit OS memory model, instead of the forced 64-bit environment of earlier (alpha-ish) Perisno 0.8/Phosphor.

If Perisno ever went open source I'd OSP the code but I cant do that until/unless Perisno opens their source to modders.
Its a pity but they still hope to get money from it, while I don't think its a reasonable expectation.  Money changes everyone, for better or worse.  The code is never really done, but closed source implies someone paid to work, or working for sub slavve wage, or doing it for school then graduating to "real" work, which is why so many mods are dead.  Its interesting to me, but maybe too much to read for you.  Such is life :wink:

- GS

Hmm...  So begging's replacement would work similarly to a player's enterprise, except the player is the employee and they have to be physically present to earn money?  Or I suppose it could work like the "perform basic peasantry work for the villagers" option at villages, though with a monetary reward instead of an item.

Speaking of in-game money, the quest to collect taxes from a town cannot be completed (though the quest to collect taxes from a village works just fine.)  There is no space on the town menu for the quest option.

Since I have no experience with Perisno prior to Phosphor and Perisno 0.8, I cannot really say how much from Phosphor is in it.  However, the item bloat is indeed more manageable; while finding the item I want at the Mystic Merchant is still extremely difficult, it is possible now.  I have lag issues with it, likely graphics related, but it is not too much worse than Phosphor.

That said, the TPE mod is not incorporated into Perisno 0.8, which makes playing a tournament junky extremely difficult (I have to rely on kingdom ladies and traveling bards/minstrels/etc. to find out where feasts are.)  On the other hand, the real game-breaker in Phosphor (lords having 0 renown, and thus no marshal is ever chosen) is not an issue in Perisno 0.8.

On the subject of tournament junkies, I found at least two bugged tournament scenes in Phosphor.  I cannot remember the town names right now, so here are their brief descriptions: the capital of the blue elves and the capital of the Bakhtal Giants.  In both tournament scenes, when 3 or more relatively large teams spawn in a round, one team keeps spawning on top of a building adjacent to the tournament grounds.  If I remember correctly, it was the yellow team, almost every time.  When my character was on the yellow team, I spawned on top of the building as well.  Jumping off the front directly into the arena is impossible due to an invisible barrier, but jumping off the side then over the wall to enter the arena was possible, at least while mounted.  If the player is on a different team, though, they may have to give up the tournament round due to an inability to reach those enemies (and yes, I include "running out of ammunition because they have shields and high shield skill" under "inability to reach those enemies.")

Also, the Bakhtal tournament scene had an invisible wall splitting about a third of the arena off from the rest.  I only ran into the wall if I was mounted; when moving on foot, I found no obstructions in the arena.

"Too much to read" varies according to my interest in a project, my available time, how I am feeling, and my ever-changing skill level.  It is probably safer with me to err on the side of too much than too little; I can generally sort through the former, while the latter risks leaving me confused.

Totentag said:

It seems that, regardless of my starting situation, every village elder has the dialog tree of an Enterprise... person (I forgot the vanilla name).
I've recently downloaded this (as well as Warsword Rigale, both of which are amazing, thank you!) and can confirm it's still happening, no idea if I've overlooked a fix/patch download somewhere. I am noone's vassal, started in Redwood territory as drow female thief/urchin/sellsword iirc. Also the nobles in Cretas are naked. Or did I just walk in at the wrong time? :razz:

Cyndraeth said:
Totentag said:

I've recently downloaded this (as well as Warsword Rigale, both of which are amazing, thank you!) and can confirm it's still happening, no idea if I've overlooked a fix/patch download somewhere. I am noone's vassal, started in Redwood territory as drow female thief/urchin/sellsword iirc. Also the nobles in Cretas are naked. Or did I just walk in at the wrong time? :razz:

Nobles in Cretas got fighting gear, but none of their gear had been flagged "civilian", so in court all their fighting gear is removed and instead civilian clothes were supposed to be in their inventory.  Except at the time, I didn't know this.

Dialogs were a little mangled as dialogs merged in front of other existing dialogs sometimes took precedence.  I've got a cleaner (much cleaner) implementation of dialogs in the 1 month old, open source "Phosphor II" down below, but it is still boring compared to this - few factions, boring map, still too native to be interesting to me, etc.  Mainly it was of value in testing dialogs for gender errors against multi-races and organizing diplomacy with prejudice before porting to Phantasy Calradia, which I started on re-tooling about 2 weeks ago (and completed my first wave of changes last week). 

I still owe Warsword Conquest a rebuild of diplomacy and with it dialogs.

Phosphor was charging ahead full steam in November 2015  when I had a 7mm kidney stone take my attention away for several months until it was removed in surgery, with a 5mm little brother dissolved over the months at the other side.  When I came back I started Warsword Conquest changes, which were released June 2016, Warsword Rigale for 2 months, stopping at August 2016, and suddenly decided to come back with Pho II starting about a month ago, which was just in time to rebuild Phantasy Calradia (and it was really a "rebuild" done mighty quick).  While I was away apparently Warsword Conquest went through 13 months of changes but the coder there (Nameless Warrior) hadn't sent me changes so I just recently found he had all sorts of (top secret) goodies added.  I guess, if any of these projects ever gets published it will be exciting times again.  Its a pity Phosphor and Warsword Rigale were half finished instead of fully polished releases.  Did you manage to catch the video of flying that I made from an unreleased Phosphor? 
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgESW5mZGgzZmhMOU0/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEdzVUZmliOUduSHM/view?usp=sharing

The dialog error that was locking up Warsword Rigale at the end I managed to find the fix for with Pho II, so I won't have to kludge a talk context reset by forced camping.  Warsword Rigale was getting close to satisfying until that happened; Nunu found the fix for getting stuck in town and it had the right amount of things to do besides killing everything.  The map was a little cluttered with too many parties, which I'll tone done for future releases, but it wasn't bad.  Phosphor also had promise, although the overhead of Perisno's early 0.8 environment had 3.6 GB of resources, which were later cut in half.  Pho II looks pretty naked with just 368 MB or thereabouts in resources, and probably could trim that by 120 MB if pushed.  Two weeks ago it was around 68 MB in total resources!

Ah well.  At least I'm alive and back to work.

- GS

gsanders said:

The flying motion looks vaguely similar to the naval battles? At any rate, cool! I find Warsword Rigale's naval battles to be the most fun of any mod I've played so far.
This all sounds pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to not having to autocamp, haha. I don't really spend a lot of time on forums these days but I check in here to make sure I haven't missed out on a new release every couple weeks :grin:

Cyndraeth said:
gsanders said:

The flying motion looks vaguely similar to the naval battles? At any rate, cool! I find Warsword Rigale's naval battles to be the most fun of any mod I've played so far.
This all sounds pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to not having to autocamp, haha. I don't really spend a lot of time on forums these days but I check in here to make sure I haven't missed out on a new release every couple weeks :grin:

I'm not likely to re-do Phosphor and Rigale in their old state, but I am porting pieces of Rigale over to Phantasy Calradia this week:
  crafting,
  exploration bonus
  some movement bonus with special race handler for nightmovement

I'm not moving gathering/lumbering/mining/fishing at this time although it may be implicit at the villages.
  There won't be entrenching (which was broken anyway)
  there might be a permanent camp replacement later that is specifically a player made mine or lumber camp with an armed garrison of laborers.
  There will not be a civilization knowledge tree nor wisemen

As for naval battles, the ships broke too easily and spilled people down 15 meters or so to the sea bottom, with my attempting to teleport them back up causing them to get quickly bruised from falling.  Worse, pieces of the ship had invisible meshes holding agents up so they just sort of suspended in air after the ship prop was removed, in that the ship prop had a number of sub-props within it that weren't removed when the main one was taken.  Warsword Conquest expects to "solve" this next time by simply eliminating sea pirates as players know them so that sea battles never happen.

Flying carpets are indeed a side effect of the same method used for building ships in Warband (else everyone would fall to the sea bottom at start of a sea battle).

Warsword Rigale is dead, (for now) but Warsword Conquest has a huge number of new features, which I haven't seen. It is not sure if I'm really on the dev team for (the next) Warsword Conquest, now that I've spent so much time at Phantasy Calradia.  But I expect to bang out something fast at PC, with most of the better concepts from Warsword Rigale moving forward.  Its a pity I can't take the better factions, models, items, and other Warsword Conquest proprietary things with me, but then again leaving them behind means I am no longer under the Sauron like glare of GW (owner of Warhammer).  I could then accept donations, which I can't while in a Warhammer mod.

I should hope Warsword Conquest releases quickly, but I expect there's probably 2 more months before they are waiting for something last minute merged like diplomacy, which Pho II was a template for a cleaner code base.  I've successfully merged all of Pho II into Phantasy Calradia, almost a month ago, so really it needs some public testing to prove the code is solid.  Perhaps that can start in about a month, making it (the Pho II base) ready for use elsewhere (such as Warsword Conquest without me ever seeing the new WC code - which now has huge extensions missing at any other mod).  I expect the new WC leap frogs past Phantasy Calradia, but I don't really mind, which is why I'm not concerned about seeing the code.  I'm satisfied the PC code base can fulfill the needs I had for Phosphor, and leaving behind both Perisno and Warsword Conquest code/models simply frees me to make things my way, with my code, my rules, and so on.  This is why so much of Rigale is discarded or changed now -- it sort of chafed in places although it was a new(er) way to approach things.  You can see the influence it had on Nova Aetas, which is done in a superior fashion and with much more attention to detail.

Probably by 2-3 months several mods will release as a cluster - updated Phantasy Calradia, Warsword Conquest, and from what I hear some sort of Perisno 0.9 (which I have nothing to do with by now).  All of these are hold overs while waiting on Bannerlord, which I suppose will arrive in another 1-2 YEARS, not months...

Back
Top Bottom