Phone + Stereo * Bluetooth

Users who are viewing this thread

havoc

Marquis
Alrighty, so I sold my iplop and bought a Nokia Lumia. Best decision I have ever made.

Anyway, so as with my old ipod and can connect the Lumia to my car stereo via bluetooth and play music directly from it, which is cool. That all works. However, while I was driving I received a txt and the music stopped and the lady in my phone asked me if i'd like her to read it out, I was like "**** yeah, biatch."... But sadly for some reason the mic on my phone doesn't work while it is bluetoothed to my stereo, it picks up nothing.

Anyone have any idea why it no worky? Me want to talk to lady in my phooooone.

I googled this **** and came up with like nothing. Thought perhaps one of you guuuuys might know something aboooouut it. Hrm. Hrrrrm. Gurgfdgd.

Google-fu:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/wp8-bluetooth-not-speaking-messages-in-car/68a2ca34-3d8a-443e-80a0-cca3b7f2af63

Well, a  mod in another thread has been helping me track this down. It would appear that WP7 never had MAP functionality. WP8 will read my messages aloud in the car if I have my Speech Settings set to this:

Check "Use speech when the phone is locked" (not sure if this makes a difference or not, but it is checked and things works so...)

Set the "Read aloud incoming text messages" to Bluetooth and headsets

That should allow you to hear your messages in the car. What happens is the car treats the text as a phone call and your phone takes over actually reading the message. The phone ends up doing all of the heavy lifting, and simply uses the speakers and the microphone in the car. No MAP support necessary. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what is going on, other than the car lacking the proper audio transfer profile.

If you want to be able to reply to a message, it is necessary to have the "Enable Speech Recognition Service" checked. This is how it does the voice recognition.

After getting all of my settings set as above, I can text and reply to my heart's content :smile:

This might be useful as well: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/basics/use-speech-on-my-phone

Back
Top Bottom