SP Modern Oriental Philippine Revolution Mod

Currently viewing this thread:

aronccs

Squire
Best answers
0
The biggest mod for the Philippines is here




____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


The famous painting of Philippine Revolution by Carlos Francisco​


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



DOWNLOAD NOW!!!

If download didn't work, try the other mirrors:


Mirror 1



Mirror 2


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Introduction



The Philippine Revolution (1896–189:cool:, called the "Tagalog War" by the Spanish, was an armed military conflict between the people of the Philippines and the Spanish colonial authorities which resulted in the secession of the Philippine Islands from the Spanish Empire.

The Philippine Revolution began in August 1896, upon the discovery of the anti-colonial secret organization Katipunan by the Spanish authorities. The Katipunan, led by Andrés Bonifacio, was a secessionist movement and shadow government spread throughout much of the islands whose goal was independence from Spain through armed revolt. In a mass gathering in Caloocan, the Katipunan leaders organized themselves into a revolutionary government and openly declared a nationwide armed revolution. Bonifacio called for a simultaneous coordinated attack on the capital Manila. This attack failed, but the surrounding provinces also rose up in revolt. In particular, rebels in Cavite led by Emilio Aguinaldo won early victories. A power struggle among the revolutionaries led to Bonifacio's execution in 1897, with command shifting to Aguinaldo who led his own revolutionary government. That year, a truce was officially reached with the Pact of Biak-na-Bato and Aguinaldo was exiled to Hong Kong, though hostilities between rebels and the Spanish government never actually ceased

In 1898, with the outbreak of the Spanish-American War, Aguinaldo unofficially allied with the United States, returned to the Philippines and resumed hostilities against the Spaniards. By June, the rebels had conquered nearly all Spanish-held ground within the Philippines with the exception of Manila. Aguinaldo thus declared independence from Spain and the First Philippine Republic was established. However, neither Spain nor the United States recognized Philippine independence. Spanish rule in the islands only officially ended with the 1898 Treaty of Paris, wherein Spain ceded the Philippines and other territories to the United States. After eruption of the 1899 Battle of Manila on February 4 between Filipino and U.S. forces, Aguinaldo immediately ordered, "that peace and friendly relations with the Americans be broken and that the latter be treated as enemies". In June 1899, the nascent First Philippine Republic formally declared war against the United States. The Philippine-American War then ensued.



What is Katipunan?


The Katipunan was a Philippine revolutionary society founded by anti-Spanish Filipinos in Manila in 1892, whose primary aim was to gain independence from Spain through revolution. The society was initiated by Filipino patriots Andrés Bonifacio, Teodoro Plata, Ladislao Diwa, and others on the night of July 7, when Filipino writer José Rizal was to be banished to Dapitan. Initially, the Katipunan was a secret organization until its discovery in 1896 that led to the outbreak of the Philippine Revolution.

The word "katipunan", literally meaning 'association', comes from the root word "tipon", a Tagalog word, meaning "society" or "gather together".Its official revolutionary name is Kataas-taasan, Kagalang-galangang Katipunan ng̃ mg̃á Anak ng̃ Bayan

Being a secret organization, its members were subjected to the utmost secrecy and were expected to abide with the rules established by the society.[2] Aspirant applicants were given standard initiation rites to become members of the society. At first, membership in the Katipunan was only open to male Filipinos; later, women were accepted in the society. The Katipunan had its own publication, Kalayaan (Liberty) that had its first and last print on March 1896. Revolutionary ideals and works flourished within the society, and Philippine literature were expanded by some of its prominent members.

In planning the revolution, Bonifacio contacted Rizal for his full-fledged support for the Katipunan in exchange for a promise of rescuing Rizal from his detainment. On May 1896, a delegation was sent to the Emperor of Japan to solicit funds and military arms. The Katipunan's existence was revealed to the Spanish authorities after a member named Teodoro Patiño confessed the Katipunan's illegal activities to his sister, and finally to the mother portress of Mandaluyong Orphanage. Seven days after the Spanish authorities learned of the existence of the secret society, on August 26, 1896, Bonifacio and his men tore their cedúlas during the infamous Cry of Balintawak that started the Philippine Revolution.


source:Wikipedia





____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________




Team


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Features:


Factions:
1. Katipunan
2. Spanish East Indies


  • Date is August 26, 1896, on the start of the Philippine Revolution
  • Changed the map into Manila, Cavite, Bulacan, Batangas and Rizal the center of the revolution
  • Being in the Katipunan will be harder because Spanish forces are stronger
  • Horses can now only be used by heroes, due to time period (1897)
  • Banners are disabled and it can only be used by faction leaders (so nevermind the "ERROR:NOT ENOUGH BANNERS FOR HEROES")
  • Soldiers prefer using rifles than melee weapons.
  • New music: Philippine National Anthem at start of the game.
  • New culture musics, when you are travelling, on a town, etc. The cultural music will be played.
  • New interface. New menu pictures, new loading screens, etc.
  • New character creation system
  • Merged with different mods (wait for updates for the list of these mods)
  • New items, new armors




____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Screenshots




Main menu screen



Loading Screen 1




Main loading screen







Katipuneros' Uniform






Katipuneros' Hat



Guardia Civil



Spanish Guards



Filipino Guards



____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Mod Banners
Support my mod by adding this to your signature!





Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199282.html][IMG]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2865/andresbonifaciopambuana.gif[/IMG][/URL]





Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199282.html][IMG]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7138/93540397.jpg[/IMG][/URL]









Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199282.html][IMG]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7751/unledaj.jpg[/IMG][/url]








Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199282.html][IMG]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7919/unleddd.gif[/IMG][/URL]







Code:
[center][URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199282.html][IMG]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1050/modbanner.gif[/IMG][/URL][/center]



____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Credits

  • Alan de Soison for fixing the items
  • as0017 for the hat model :grin:
  • matmohair1 for some information
  • Morgh for Morgh's Editor
  • Thorgrim for his Map Editor
  • kefka95 for TweakMB



____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________




If you have suggestions, post it here.





Wait for next updates
 

aronccs

Squire
Best answers
0
joshtong1234 said:
I support this mod! I love the idea of it :grin: i'd just love to kick some Spanish conquistador asses
thanks. can you help me making this mod?
 

Revan Shan

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
And once more Spain would have kept the islands if the United States hadn't come *****ing.
 

MAGELLAN

Regular
Best answers
0
i would love to help you with this but i dont know anything about modding but pls tell me how i could help,maybe history guy or idea guy?  :wink:
 

aronccs

Squire
Best answers
0
MAGELLAN said:
i would love to help you with this but i dont know anything about modding but pls tell me how i could help,maybe history guy or idea guy?  :wink:
you can give informations
 

MAGELLAN

Regular
Best answers
0
aronccs said:
MAGELLAN said:
i would love to help you with this but i dont know anything about modding but pls tell me how i could help,maybe history guy or idea guy?  :wink:
you can give informations
ok then, you could pm me if you need anything. ill also try to learn modding a bit while am at it :grin:
 

Pyrate

Good luck with this!  As a fellow Pinoy, I support this mod.  I might even volunteer - I can do a little bit of almost everything! :smile:
 

aronccs

Squire
Best answers
0
Pyrate said:
Good luck with this!  As a fellow Pinoy, I support this mod.  I might even volunteer - I can do a little bit of almost everything! :smile:
what can you do?
 

aronccs

Squire
Best answers
0
MAGELLAN said:
aronccs said:
MAGELLAN said:
i would love to help you with this but i dont know anything about modding but pls tell me how i could help,maybe history guy or idea guy?  :wink:
you can give informations
ok then, you could pm me if you need anything. ill also try to learn modding a bit while am at it :grin:
you can help me by making a map

pwede kang gumawa ng map pra tulungan ako. eto
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162501.0.html
 

Pyrate

What do you need?  I'll see what I can do.  More specifically, I can deal with all the files in the module folders, plus I know how to add some of them to the game.  That, and basic dialog.  I hope that explains everything.  If you find my certain skill set useful, I'd be happy to join. :grin:
 

Northcott

Knight
M&BWB
Best answers
0
I was taught to fight by a proud Filipino man. He was very big on the tales of Filipinos taking apart the Spanish with the difference in fighting styles and the simple weaponry they had.

In most mods, the trouble with weapon ranges proves problematic. Get in past a foe's optimal range (like with a spear), and you can take them apart. For this mod, it actually kind of works. Getting in close and taking people apart is what Arnis is all about... and Escrima, too, if what I've heard of their techniques being so similar is at all factual.  Knifes, machetes, and rattan sticks all make damned dangerous weapons.
 

aronccs

Squire
Best answers
0
Pyrate said:
What do you need?  I'll see what I can do.  More specifically, I can deal with all the files in the module folders, plus I know how to add some of them to the game.  That, and basic dialog.  I hope that explains everything.  If you find my certain skill set useful, I'd be happy to join. :grin:
I need to remove all fac_kingdom_3 to 6. Do you know how?
 

aronccs

Squire
Best answers
0
Northcott said:
I was taught to fight by a proud Filipino man. He was very big on the tales of Filipinos taking apart the Spanish with the difference in fighting styles and the simple weaponry they had.

In most mods, the trouble with weapon ranges proves problematic. Get in past a foe's optimal range (like with a spear), and you can take them apart. For this mod, it actually kind of works. Getting in close and taking people apart is what Arnis is all about... and Escrima, too, if what I've heard of their techniques being so similar is at all factual.  Knifes, machetes, and rattan sticks all make damned dangerous weapons.
Thanks for the information.
 

Pyrate

Never tried that before, so probably not.  But I am trying to find some music that would fit this mod at the moment.