PF_Official_NA 3.1 Ruleset

Users who are viewing this thread

Austro

Master Knight
This is going to be the new Ruleset when 3.1 is out. I'm too lazy to re-type my reasoning's behind the new rule set, so I will just be pasting a chat I had with an individual (I have their permission of course)

1. Non-RP racism & player harassment will not be tolerated in any regard and may legitimize punishments up to temp or permanent ban

2. We encourage role-playing but we do not force it. The term to best describe the atmosphere is "light roleplay".

3.  Natives must wear native clothing / headdressses and only Natives can wear native clothing / headdresses.

4.In war, anyone involved in the war may be attacked unarmed or not at any given time (NLR DOES NOT APPLY TO THE WARRING FACTIONS). If you do not wish to be attacked any more, wait in your spawn point until the war is over or leave your faction.

5.Abusing faction leader is prohibited. (Kicking everyone out of your faction, outlawing everyone, declaring war on all faction even though your members don't want to)

6. Admins may force peace two factions if a war is very one sided and a faction has clearly won. Both factions must declare peace immediately.

7. Be respectful to the admin team. They are all volunteers trying to make your gaming experience the best it can be. The server population is always very high and sometimes the admins online can get overwhelmed with player reports. Be patient and remember to take screenshots! Disrespect towards an admin warrants punishments up to a temporary ban and in extreme cases, a permanent ban.

8. Do not spam admin chat nor use derogatory language when making reports about players or trying to call the admins. Punishable up to a temporary ban.

9. Obey the rules stated above. At this point you know the rules and no longer have any excuse to not follow and abide by them.

10. Have fun out there.​

Reasoning's:

1:59 AM - Austro: That's going to be the ruleset
2:00 AM -  so everyone can kos?
2:00 AM - Austro: Mhm, and your going to ask me what prevents people from RDMing and it's quite simple actually
2:00 AM -  well theres no RDM if everyone can kos...
2:02 AM - Austro: We're going to make the Outlaw Faction is the most unattractive faction in the game, only giving them a short sword and a pistol in their spawn area. Also, making them very far from civilization so they can't just rush into the Colonial Settlement and other areas like they can in New Spain. This makes it so anyone who decides to go on a klling spree of Immigrants or people they are not at war with gets Outlaws (Punished by the game) it requires 0 admins dependancy and it a 100% organic game feature
2:02 AM - Austro: We just need to make sure all PF maps follow the same format
2:03 AM - Austro: I want to get rid of 98% of admin dependancy in PF because I am sick and tired of it
2:03 AM - Austro: I want everything to be organic and player-run
2:03 AM -  I think you are doing this for the wrong type of mod
2:03 AM -  You based this on persistent frontier
2:04 AM -  and the games mechanics encourage rp and mining etc
2:04 AM -  it sounds like u needed to base it off a tdm mod
2:04 AM - Austro: People are not stupid, even with rules that force RP interactions eliminated, people will still interact and organize themselves
2:04 AM - Austro: I've seen the server with 0 admins on and people are doing amazing things in their factions
2:04 AM - Austro: They don't just suddenly stop
2:04 AM - Austro: People aren't stupid
2:05 AM -  Okay so we basically just dissolve the admin team
2:05 AM - Austro: No, we don't recruit any more admins and keep the ones we have for the few non-greifing rules we still do have
2:05 AM - Austro: And we have more time for fun events now
2:05 AM - Austro: Mini-Events
2:05 AM - Austro: I used to do them in PW all the time
2:06 AM - Austro: PW was originally designed for exactly what I'm doing right now
2:06 AM - Austro: Don't know if you knew that
2:06 AM - Austro: You gain outlaw points for a reason
2:07 AM - Austro: You can't force hundreds of people in a server to RP when they never signed up anywhere to RP
2:07 AM - Austro: You have to let them do what they want to do when they want to do it

Careful with war rules. Indians spawn attack non stop some of the forts, making it impossible to play them. You may want to add a subrule that allows to stop a war if it is pointless.

I have a question regarding:
3. All players must conform to their factions outfit regulations:
          ~ Natives must wear native clothing / headdressses and only Natives can wear native clothing / headdresses.

Does this mean Natives are the only ones with faction outfit regulations, or is it just one example? Are the other factions(except the immigrants) required to wear their faction outfits as well? Let's say I'm a part of the Colonial Settlement, and we're at war with the British who own Fort East Point. I personally would shoot at people who are wearing the British Redcoats & other uniforms available from East Point(the green and purplish ones come to mind). Or are we expected to wait until we're right next to each other to be able to verify their name/faction. Kind of the same idea with the outlaw face mask, if I see somebody at range wearing that, that's grounds to attack them right?

I personally think all factions should wear their respective uniforms or run the risk of being mistaken for an enemy.

Then you may want to restrict uniforms in each fort. It also helps RP by creating a bit of an identity.

With the new patch, I just crash when I join a server. It didnt happen before warband was updated.

Please help me I want to play again I realy love this mod <3 More poeple have exactly the same problem, It has to do with C++ visual error

Please let me know if there is any fix for this problem.

Thank you -Chunky_Monkeh

Back
Top Bottom