Petition to Taleworlds to release a source code to FSE! We want updates!

Peition for the release of the Warband source code to FSE developers... "YES" is a signature!" "No"

• Yes, please release source code to Flying Squirrel Entertainment developers!

Votes: 217 81.3%
  • No, refrain from release of source code to Flying Squirrel Entertainment developers.

Votes: 50 18.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ra'Jiska said:
Hmm hmm..

Even if it had 1000 yes and 3 no, I think it wouldn't change anything.
M&B: Warband source code has a commercial value, giving it out like that is quite unlikely.

Doing all this because a dev said once he'd do mass updates if he got the code is quite over reacting.
Anyway, as developer, I know what the code is worth when you spent time doing it, so if I had to choose, I wouldn't give it out, even if the dude would update it.
gf

Ra'Jiska said:
Hmm hmm..

M&B: Warband source code has a commercial value, giving it out like that is quite unlikely.

Doing all this because a dev said once he'd do mass updates if he got the code is quite over reacting.
Anyway, as developer, I know what the code is worth when you spent time doing it, so if I had to choose, I wouldn't give it out, even if the dude would update it.
It would be going to be released to an external developer of the main company so it's not falling into random people's hands. Not to mention, a new update will cause more sales as a result and renew interest in the game which leads to more sales, thus making a circle of profit and additional profits for TW and FSE. This will allow for more money to be put into both Bannerlord and BCoF respectively and help in the development and advertising of both and I'm pretty sure extra money is always welcome in game development.

Ra'Jiska said:
Hmm hmm..

Seeing as they gave the source code to the "Caribbean!" team, I don't see as to why they wouldn't do such a thing for the Napoleonic Wars dev team. NW has become immensely popular, and is highly successful. Why not give it a huge boost and allow for the source code to be given to the Flying Squirrel Entertainment developing team to further enhance and improve their product? NW did not have a colossal failure of a launch like With Fire and Sword, Caribbean!, or even Viking Conquest. Instead, Napoleonic Wars has sold tens of thousands of copies and has provided TaleWorlds with a huge boost to income for their next development, Bannerlord. It would be amazing for TaleWorlds to pass the source code to Napoleonic Wars and FSE so it can be further improved and updated, and provide even more success and income to TaleWorlds, don't you think?

kpetschulat said:
Ra'Jiska said:
Hmm hmm..

Seeing as they gave the source code to the "Caribbean!" team, I don't see as to why they wouldn't do such a thing for the Napoleonic Wars dev team. NW has become immensely popular, and is highly successful. Why not give it a huge boost and allow for the source code to be given to the Flying Squirrel Entertainment developing team to further enhance and improve their product? NW did not have a colossal failure of a launch like With Fire and Sword, Caribbean!, or even Viking Conquest. Instead, Napoleonic Wars has sold tens of thousands of copies and has provided TaleWorlds with a huge boost to income for their next development, Bannerlord. It would be amazing for TaleWorlds to pass the source code to Napoleonic Wars and FSE so it can be further improved and updated, and provide even more success and income to TaleWorlds, don't you think?

What the hell is "Caribbean"

Gurkha said:
kpetschulat said:
Ra'Jiska said:
Hmm hmm..

What the hell is "Caribbean"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/293010/

An off-shoot game of Warband, set in colonial Caribbean during the 16-1700s.

Ra'Jiska said:
Hmm hmm..

Well guys, pack it up, might as well go home now, no point in trying.

It's not like Taleworlds Development has never given out the source code before.

5hine said:
Ra'Jiska said:
Hmm hmm..

Well guys, pack it up, might as well go home now, no point in trying.

It's not like Taleworlds Development has never given out the source code before.
kek

Alistair7 said:
Taleworlds need to realise that Napoleonic Wars and it's player base will be a big boost for bannerlord. They need to keep NW popular if they can.

+1 Dont lose the few still here Taleworlds

Ra'Jiska said:
Hmm hmm..

It's not as if Taleworlds will get nothing from it. An update will make NW look more attractive to customers, and as they get 50% of the revenue from sales I cannot see why it would be a problem. Any extra revenue can be very useful no matter how little it is, especially as Taleworlds must be in need from extra funds as they allowed a unfinished DLC to be released.

While a forum post is all well and good, i've gone ahead and set up a Petition on Change.Org
https://www.change.org/p/taleworlds-interactive-release-the-source-code-for-mount-and-blade-warband-to-flying-squirrel-entertainment?
It's a little bit more formal and 'proper' in my opinion, if this could be added to the Original Post that'd be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom