Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Look at this reddit post:

If you count the upvotes for the thread, it is by far the post with the most votes on r/bannerlord, on the very top and over 90% in that post want the old grouping system back.

It is very clear. TW should heed the wishes of the community.

Look at this reddit post:

If you count the upvotes for the thread, it is by far the post with the most votes on r/bannerlord, on the very top and over 90% in that post want the old grouping system back.

It is very clear. TW should heed the wishes of the community.

According to my Poll, not many people are really concerned about it!

Though the majority of the respondents feel the new system is not working, only 29 people thought it was important to respond. As far as statistics/polling is concerned, this is a very small sample and not very representative compared to the hundreds that frequent this Forum.
So, that clearly says people have other things to complain about than express their opinions about this particular issue. People think maybe this is not such a big deal/priority at this time...who knows.

It's pretty sad.

According to my Poll, not many people are really concerned about it!

Though the majority of the respondents feel the new system is not working, only 29 people thought it was important to respond. As far as statistics/polling is concerned, this is a very small sample and not very representative compared to the hundreds that frequent this Forum.
So, that clearly says people have other things to complain about than express their opinions about this particular issue. People think maybe this is not such a big deal/priority at this time...who knows.

It's pretty sad.
Well, where are probably more people active: This forum or Reddit? I'm betting, there are more active users in reddit and r/bannerlord and r/Mountandblade than in this forum, simply because it is a social media platform, people pool their interests in different Reddit forums they follow, so you reach more people there, since it is easier, to manage all your gaming interests in several Reddit forums on one page, Reddit, instead of making a library with bookmarkings for all the seperate forums, game devs themselves build on their webpages.

And imho good community management and feedback gathering looks not only on the official forum of the respective game, but also the Steam Forums, the Reddit Forums and so on.
I honestly don't know, if TW has a team, that does this or if they only concentrate on their own forum, so they get the benefit of doubt from me regarding this.

And people are quick on Reddit to upvote or downvote something. By now, that discussion has over 360 upvotes and although it slided down due to Algorithms preferring new stuff over old, it is one of the discussions with the most upvotes still.
---------
PS: If you go on r/bannerlord and sort it for Top Posts, "Why did Taleworlds fix something that wasn't broken and subsequently broke one of the greatest parts of the game?" is the top rated discussion this month, the one with the most upvotes, just a few shy above the one discussion about proper ambush and blockade battles.
---------
And independent from that, another person opened up a more general discussion, with what he wants to see fixed, including the the reappearance of the old grouping system as part of the OOB system.

That has already 68 Upvotes at this time of writing.

And it also appears in the Monthly Discussion Thread repeated times.

So yeah, just like back then, when they had taken away the ability to command troops, after they start cheering, this is something, that TW royally... misdeveloped and that bugs the Community obviously hard.

Some people are even intentionally rolling back to 1.6.5. Beta just to retain the better grouping system (not me, since I haven't lost any hope yet, that TW sees reason, they did so in the past).
And my guess is, that TW has numbers on how many Steam players are playing which version, so if suddenly a larger than usual number of players are playing 1.6.5., the older version, that could serve as an indicator, that they disliked something, that came with 1.7.0. and then they just need to look at the large features or changes they introduced with that Beta Patch and they can narrow it down pretty quickly.

In the meantime, I tolerate (not accept) the new system and treat raw Tier 1 Recruits as cannon fodder, who either survive their trial by combat in battle or they die, I just don't care about them.
Or, if I need to only recruit a small number of troops to fill up again, I only recruit Tier 2+ Troops and travel a town or village further instead of recruiting recruits, if there are still open slots remaining.

In the meantime, I tolerate (not accept) the new system and treat raw Tier 1 Recruits as cannon fodder, who either survive their trial by combat in battle or they die, I just don't care about them.
Or, if I need to only recruit a small number of troops to fill up again, I only recruit Tier 2+ Troops and travel a town or village further instead of recruiting recruits, if there are still open slots remaining.

That's good to know that I'm not the only one along with a small handful in this forum that are ranting and raving about that!

"In the meantime..." I am actually doing the same thing you just described because I'm also very hopeful it is going to be fixed even though officials are not saying anything about it!

That's good to know that I'm not the only one along with a small handful in this forum that are ranting and raving about that!

"In the meantime..." I am actually doing the same thing you just described because I'm also very hopeful it is going to be fixed even though officials are not saying anything about it!

As far as I know, they didn't really say something about reverting, when they made a similar mistake, when they took away our ability to command troops after the enemy started fleeing.

It just was back in with a patch, troops would still start to cheer, but we can hand out commands again and make them charge again.

So afaik TW is not really in the "excuses" game, but in the end it is not important to me, if they write an apology in the forums, important to me is that they identify mistakes they made and revert them.

They did so in that instance and I hope, they show the wisdom, to revert this current bad change again.

strongly agree with the OP! now we have no player agency, the formations are determined by AI decisions rather than player assignments. and much like just after the EA, there's no formation save. we have to do this **** every freaking field battle. it's beyond absurd and annoying.

i want my 8 formations that can be set and saved back

in fact i want different loadouts so i can swap formation groups on the fly. like a siege load out or a village load out or a vs khuzaid load out etc.

i want a new feature where you can split a group of the same troops say 20 legionaries into 2 groups of 10 each. then set them into different formations.

what people WANT is:

--CUSTOMIZATION
--PLAYER AGENCY
--SET UP ONCE AND DONE

what people DONT WANT is:

--AI DECISIONS
--AUTOMATICALLY SET PARAMETERS
--TEDIOUS REPETITION OF DOING THE SAME THING EVERY TIME BEFORE/AFTER A BATTLE

strongly agree with the OP! now we have no player agency, the formations are determined by AI decisions rather than player assignments. and much like just after the EA, there's no formation save. we have to do this **** every freaking field battle. it's beyond absurd and annoying.

i want my 8 formations that can be set and saved back

in fact i want different loadouts so i can swap formation groups on the fly. like a siege load out or a village load out or a vs khuzaid load out etc.

i want a new feature where you can split a group of the same troops say 20 legionaries into 2 groups of 10 each. then set them into different formations.

what people WANT is:

--CUSTOMIZATION
--PLAYER AGENCY
--SET UP ONCE AND DONE

what people DONT WANT is:

--AI DECISIONS
--AUTOMATICALLY SET PARAMETERS
--TEDIOUS REPETITION OF DOING THE SAME THING EVERY TIME BEFORE/AFTER A BATTLE
I echo all of these sentiments exactly.
These are the things we want as players, we need more transparency into this world that they've built and not less.
Stop dumbing the game down and removing all player choice!

I would like to have it like in previous versions. I'm not saying it should be reverted, as the current versions offer other utilities, but I would like the previous customization back.

I AGREE! Hereby signed. We all want the original troop asignment system back! Works way better than what it has become now. The new way of troop deployment doesn't work and messes up the troops quickly. I'm considering to uninstall the game since there are too many bugs and errors with the deployment system taking away all the fun. WE WANT THE ORIGINAL TROOP ASIGNMENT SYSTEM BACK!

Back
Top Bottom