Petition to implement the classic Battle game mode into Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally support the decision not to include this mode in matchmaking.  I usually have a 30 minute period before i leave for work in the morning for gaming, and I would be greatly annoyed by ending up in a game where I died within 2 minutes, but one that went on for 20 minutes, sucking up the majority of my play time, just RANDOMLY by the luck of the match I landed in.  Thanks, Callum, for the explanation.

Kortze26 said:
I totally support the decision not to include this mode in matchmaking.  I usually have a 30 minute period before i leave for work in the morning for gaming, and I would be greatly annoyed by ending up in a game where I died within 2 minutes, but one that went on for 20 minutes, sucking up the majority of my play time, just RANDOMLY by the luck of the match I landed in.  Thanks, Callum, for the explanation.

Or simply don't select that game mode when you play matchmaking. Why deny others the pleasure, if you personally don't have time?

Kortze26 said:
have you ever played a game with matchmaking ever? Do you close your eyes before you click which mode to que up for? Might want to stop that

Dest45 said:
Kortze26 said:
have you ever played a game with matchmaking ever? Do you close your eyes before you click which mode to que up for? Might want to stop that
And even if you prefer to pick your matchmaking filter at random, surely you can just leave instead of playing 20+ minutes of a mode you dislike?  :lol:

I am not a fan of match making so I am very happy to have battle mode outside of that.

If TW are taking Bannerlord away from what makes Warband such an appealing mp game then it's a shame but not unexpected. In my experience the longer a sequel takes the more it moves away from what was uniquely interesting about the original.

All the current battle mode needs is a robust anti cheat system, an expanded score panel (with assists, damage, team damage etc) and a timer before spawn so all players spawn together. Balance isnt a huge issue, if it was that bad we could have had tourneys with the same factions on each side.

Momchilo said:
Kortze26 said:

Or simply don't select that game mode when you play matchmaking. Why deny others the pleasure, if you personally don't have time?

And even if you prefer to pick your matchmaking filter at random, surely you can just leave instead of playing 20+ minutes of a mode you dislike?

We simply don't know what the matchmaking is going to look like.  We don't know that there will be filters for game types within the matchmaking system or whether that will be fully in the separate functionality of preset servers.  There is also the issue of limited server populations at that early time of day within the region where I have the ping to play a decent game.  If there are only two populated games at 7am within my region and one is in a 20 or 30 minute long "battle" match, that really limits the options for play, for joining a fresh game and completing within limited time constraints, not to mention if the only game running is a battle that started right before I logged on, I may end up not being able to play or join anything at all. So, simply backing out of a single spawn battle after death is useless if there aren't any other valid play options.

Kortze26 said:
Momchilo said:
Kortze26 said:

And even if you prefer to pick your matchmaking filter at random, surely you can just leave instead of playing 20+ minutes of a mode you dislike?

We simply don't know what the matchmaking is going to look like.  We don't know that there will be filters for game types within the matchmaking system or whether that will be fully in the separate functionality of preset servers.  There is also the issue of limited server populations at that early time of day within the region where I have the ping to play a decent game.  If there are only two populated games at 7am within my region and one is in a 20 or 30 minute long "battle" match, that really limits the options for play, for joining a fresh game and completing within limited time constraints, not to mention if the only game running is a battle that started right before I logged on, I may end up not being able to play or join anything at all. So, simply backing out of a single spawn battle after death is useless if there aren't any other valid play options.

If you have so many time and real world constraints then why are you bothering with matchmaking? The whole point of matchmaking is to make sure you get placed with people at your skill level, but the downside is that you have to wait for it most of the time, and the further you get away from the average player skill level/rating the longer you have to wait, that's the tradeoff. If you only have a limited amount of time, then join from a server list? It's faster, in the time of day there's more players, probably. Does this mean that everyone that wants a gamemode in matchmaking that actually challenges them as players and improves them the most, gets the shaft because a handful of people can only play for 30 minutes a day? Just doesn't make any sense as a logical argument.

Kortze26 said:
It just begs the question of whether the matchmaking system is going to work with or separate from the server list.

I might be misunderstanding what you're saying, but the only way to play in a ranked game (where you win or lose MMR) is to click 'queue' for competitive matchmaking, and it will assign you a relatively balanced game after a time.

As for general matchmaking, where you'd click a "put me in a game now" button, I can see that implemented and while personally I'd never use it in preference of the server list, it's popular for games today. (However, with that there's the problem of servers being privately hosted, so TW would have no quality control or consistency of what type of server you were sent you to.)

I'll be closing the petition down, reason why is stated in the spoilers bellow.

5afQN5q.jpg
We have come to information (evidence in the image:https://imgur.com/a/pIJD2) that the classic Battle game mode will be present in custom player servers, but not supported by the new matchmaking system. I do not see the point of keeping this petition up anymore, as the impact of having no Battle in matchmaking can only be discussed after the release of the game. Thanks to the Mount & Blade community for helping us gain more than 400 signatures in such a short amount of time and for being so active about this on the forums. Also, thanks to the Taleworlds community manager Callum for being active and providing us with information. I'll declare victory on the petition as it's the only way to close it down. If you wish to discuss this topic further you can do so at this link https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375184.0.html Thank you all for your time!

Thank you all for your time and for being so active about this. If you wish to continue the discussion, as already linked, you can do so in this thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375184.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom