Petition to implement the classic Battle game mode into Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolbash said:
TheVenatoS said:
Another thing for modders to fix, looks like half of the game will have to be fixed all over again.

While I am against the removal of Battle mode in favor of the new Skirmish mode and hate how taleworlds slowed down the gameplay, aren’t you being a little too melodramatic? The singleplayer will be perfectly fine, and im sure TDM, Deathmatch, and Siege are still the same old with some improvements.

Chill the **** out, Taleworlds made alot of mistakes, but theydo indeed have plenty of time to change, since Bannerlord will be released in 2020.

Hopefully the multiplayer modes are as moderable or more than in the warband ... I hope they put a multiplayer mode 1vs1 in which each player can manage at least three armies

iberwolf said:
Hopefully the multiplayer modes are as moderable or more than in the warband ... I hope they put a multiplayer mode 1vs1 in which each player can manage at least three armies

this and the profile pic is gold

anyway, we almost at 200 sigs boiis

Guys what the hell is this, they never said there won't be battle in Bannerlord, didn't they? DIDNT THEY?

WHAT? It's literally the most stupid decision Taleworlds have taken, seriously, completely against this. Most of the native servers live for battle, the whole clan making is based on battles and there is no replacement for it whatsoever

no Battle

happythensaddened.gif

It sounds like this was done for "competitive" reasons - the closest thing I ever got to "competitive" play was some Vikingr events (so not competitive at all), and yet I've had tons of fun in Battle mode!
Seriously, what the hell Taleworlds? You haven't truly experienced Mount & Blade until you've played in a minimum 50v50 all cav battle, why remove such a core tenet of the multiplayer side?

Besides, Mount & Blade might be viable as an eSport, but that doesn't mean you need to sideline the rest of the multiplayer.

I dont normally chip into discussions like this, prefer just browsing the board, but this has triggered me in the slightest of senses.

The minor mod community, presiding around my own March of Rome in my experience and other mods such as Vikingr, NW e.c.t., live to go to Battle events, where teams can just duke it out in round based combat. Removing the battle game mode is not only fairly idiotic in a development sense (why remove features? Just add to them, it's what most modders and other game devs have done), but this may also be a legitimate death stroke to long term mod communities. Though game modes residing around capturing points (conquest) can be fun, there's a very real demand in the current mod communities for battle events, it gives groups a chance to do online historical reenactment (as nerdy as that is) and the ability to roleplay a regiment with rank structure.

Sounds like an extremely short sighted decision to me, if this goes ahead i'm going to have to wrangle some more lads together to get a Battle game mode going in Ghal Maraz.

Lazy and disappointing.

TheVenatoS said:
Honestly, modders are gonna add it in, in like a week if people will want it.
This really isn't a big deal and a petition won't make a difference.

Check post above to see just one argument to why it is a big deal.

TheVenatoS said:
Honestly, modders are gonna add it in, in like a week if people will want it.
This really isn't a big deal and a petition won't make a difference.

The logic of "modders will add it in" shouldn't ever be used, it's a path to lazy development and can put alot of people off of buying the game at release because of a lack of long time features, battle mode being one of them. Taleworlds should know better than to remove their most popular game mode for reasons that seem outlandishly vague in this case.

If talewords want to have everyone involved in bannerlord they have to get the battle mode, i mean this is not about competition,
let's not forget that most of people play under this mode, on the various multiplayer mod existing on warband aswell as nw, people play mostly under the battle mode.

Not only you are making problem to the native competitive community, but to the warband community as a whole.
I already heard of upcoming events and things people want to do, 90% are set to take place under the battle mode.

Wierdo said:
you should've known this far from waiting on bannerlords - Taleworlds doesn't care about the Multiplayer community. sad but a fact
Well that certainly isn't true, but people make mistakes. TaleWorlds has made mistakes before, and they've also corrected many of them. They may yet fix this one, because it certainly is a mistake.

Warband has a conquest mode with multiple cap points, but I haven't seen it played since beta. It was quickly ignored in favor of plain ol' Battle. F&D was another multiple objective-based game mode, but it didn't survive very long either. The thing about Battle--in my mind--is that the only way to win is to face your opponent directly. Whether you do that before or after the flag spawns is up to you (or the server settings, as competitive Warband has been moving up the flag spawn to very early in the round) but either way the outcome is almost always decided by who fights better.

Other game modes, in contrast, quickly fostered gimmicky tricks or indirect, low-risk approaches. In CTF, a single guy can ride up to the enemy's flag on a horse, dismount and re-mount his horse on top of the flag, and ride off back to his flag for a quick capture. In conquest, teams can avoid direct confrontation by rotating between cap zones and back-capping with a couple of players while the rest of the team skirmishes with the enemy. F&D was the worst for a while, where cav would just couch their lances and annihilate the objectives in one or two quick passes. This behavior was addressed, but the dominant strategy in F&D still ended up being hit & run with cavalry.

My point here is that all of the other game modes have objectives that don't entirely depend on you fighting your opponents, but fighting is what M&B is best at. Battle is the mode that says "fight or lose," and I can tell you now the most complex & interesting interactions you ever saw in Warband were players fighting each other. It's more structured than TDM, always forces confrontation, and rewards skillful play.

The proof is in the pudding, really. We've been tinkering with Battle for years because at its core it's an excellent game mode. Every change made to it has had the effect of paring it down to its essence, which is the fight. What we want most of all is that.

Dazzer said:
Do these petition sites actually change something?
Honestly, yes, as long as it gets back to the devs. Any petition is impressive if it has a ****load of signatures. I trust TW honestly, people are so fast to hate on game devs. Especially shameful are the people who bring up the fact they played mb for 10 years as though it means TW should be loyal to them and not the other way around.

They might not add Battle to the first release, even. But if the game really is lacking without it (and I do think it will be) then I imagine they will patch it in. I would actually imagine that a hosted server could control variables including the amount of lives etc in the 6v6 and the base line would be: wait for it... 1

Not including battle in MM is a different kind of decision. But, I think it might actually have a good effect on the comp scene: If community tournaments use a battle mode (1life skirmish or, reluctantly, even modded) then a 6v6 matchmaking would probably help groom players from casual -> competitive without creating the seemingly insurmountable skill barrier of a new clan/player coming into competitive WB with nothing but TDM and NW to prepare them.

All that being said, I want Battle in any mount&blade game. The punishing quality is the very essence of its intrigue. The point about the "historical" reenactment geeks is also a strong one: before Warband a huge amount of the M&B (singleplayer) community loved the game for the genuine historic feel, and the one-life nature of the game has always been a core feature working together with the combat system.

tl;dr: dont freak out, just sign the petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom