[PETITION] Rollback/Disable Quit Penalty Indefinitely

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE

We just pushed out a hotfix so that full-stacks will be paired up against other premade teams. We will continue to expand and work on this system over time to cover different group sizes.

Eventually, we hope to have some form of ranked matchmaking which should help with this a great deal.

We also plan to introduce voice chat to MP at some point during EA too.

I wanna take a moment @Callum to apologize, give my condolences, and thank you all at once. I think a lot of people needed to see this to stop hyperventilating at the thought they are not being heard.

I also want to thank everyone who put their weapons down for this cause and came together on this. Competition and trash talk will always have its place; but I can't emphasize enough how proud I am to see the turnout and unification of the community when push comes to shove.

We've been heard!!!

***PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD DEVOID OF ANYTHING BUT /SIGNED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!! ***

It is unfortunate that the tools aren't there to allow clans to arrange proper scrims right now, I totally agree. But you also have to think of the people that queue to find a match only to see a team drop out immediately before the match even starts.

Eventually, we will be able to share server files with the community so they can host their own private servers. We will also be making more updates to multiplayer throughout the early access period, including ranked matchmaking, which should help in the long term. In the short term we are trying to fix the issue with passworded servers so we can at least start making a server available for clans to spend some time on.

The problem is the prioritization of implementation- You've basically severed the one artery we have interim to actually do any kind of organized play. There was advocating for quit punishment; You guys dropped the losses column to discourage quitting. Is it going to stop all quitters? No- but I did see a definitive rise of players sticking through losing matches, and that was enough for now.

@Callum, please push to have the quit penalty/cooldown implementation rolled back/disabled until the time that an alternative resolution is sustainable;
  • The release of server files
  • The implementation of password-accessible servers on your end

Groups like the RatParty that promote community growth and play with organization/communication, the currently stickied Discord server for 6-stacking, and any tournaments/events looking to be carried out by the community are essentially crippled due to relying on the ability to quit and re-queue to "sync" with the team they are attempting to face. It's a mistake to inhibit the growth of the Bannerlord community in it's current state with changes that are not ready to be added without the support of modules not yet in place.

It's very exciting to see you guys hearing us and making changes that make sense to both sides of the player/developer coin; but in this instance, we really need to consider the order in which these features are implemented!!

I'm asking the multiplayer community to simply drop a /signed as their reply, or abstain from posting. Please keep this petition clean for the sanctity of what little control we have over organized play.

***PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD DEVOID OF ANYTHING BUT /SIGNED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Signature List:
  • z00t
  • MaRzz
  • Aeronwen
  • seolhyun's boyfriend kel
  • .Brandis
  • Kripaz
  • Terco_Viejo
  • Gab
  • RCC_God
  • Surreal120
  • EbdanianAdmiral
  • Kcin
  • Neyzen Tevfik
  • Amai Mask
  • Caps
  • 부부를 넘어서 가자
  • chowski
  • [VK]TheGoldenGod
  • Hans 77
  • DaneOneEyed
  • louisdesnow
  • Zahari
  • Clarky_
  • [SkBr] Goldry Bluszco
  • KoA John
  • squeaks
  • TheBard
  • Vrabies
  • Maroon
  • Cyber
  • GibbyJr
  • Tork789

Last edited:
Good luck getting them to listen.
Thing is if a premade group are trying to fight another premade group and they end up facing randoms, no-one is going to have a good time in the matches they are not allowed to quit.
I would prefer for MM to put 6s vs other 6s, or servers. I don't want casual players to have a worse experience.

Translation: /signed x 3

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD DEVOID OF ANYTHING BUT /SIGNED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

This change is worse for everyone. Nonsensical.

This makes it worse for casual players as well because groups wont be able to back out now, and instead s*** on the new players for 10 minutes before they're allowed to queue again.

While playing solo all I have to do is press tab when I join a match and I already know how it will end. Punishing people for quitting when they're stuck in a team with 5 noobs vs a 6 stack is ridiculous, this change without any form of matchmaking/balancing makes no sense. Moreover it makes it way harder to organize scrims which was kind of a crutch for the current state of multiplayer. Poor timing.

The amount of matches that don't have six stacks of people in them still outweighs the one of those that do.
Claiming this change is a net-negative for everyone is bull****, it's only that for those that want to play competitively against other stacks, not for the casual players which still make up the majority of players for captain and skirmish.

If you want to make a petition, make it about TW putting more resources into releasing server files.

congratulations, you guys got 6 /signed out of 100k active players in average... i understand it sucks but leaving matches is annoying for everybody else, the game is not finished, you should be patient, your clan wont disappear if you wait a couple of month plus you can still play the game anyway...

congratulations, you guys got 6 /signed out of 100k active players in average... i understand it sucks but leaving matches is annoying for everybody else, the game is not finished, you should be patient
The games dead soon, the community is keeping it alive through rat parties and tournaments partially. People waited 1 1/2 years for taleworlds to implant their feedback in closed beta, and nothing happened

plus it might even be worse for solos now as they have to grit their teeth and face a full stack without having the ability to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom