Need More Info Persuading enemy to join kingdom when engaged by enemy army gets stuck in endless dialog loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

ScottishFold

Recruit
Summary: Persuading enemy to join kingdom when engaged by enemy army gets stuck in endless dialog loop.
How to Reproduce
: Get into dialog with enemy army that engages you. In both cases, I convinced the enemy to join my kingdom (southern empire, I'm not leader) without any bartering. Afterwards, they initiate conversation again, but all the options have the generic responses.
Options are:
There is something I'd like to discuss (I have a proposal that may benefit us both. - Actually, never mind.) I tried just bartering but didn't fix.
I have a quick question. (Never mind.)
I must leave now.
After leaving the dialog I'm back on map, but as soon as I un-pause, he starts the same conversation with me immediately. I haven't found any way to get out of this loop.

One other interesting thing is, after I unpause, it will actually initiate this conversation twice, before I get back out to the paused map again...

Quest/Settlement Name (if related): I've had this happen on two different sides of map in open field.
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.1.0.226306, also in beta 1.3
Installed community-made modifications: No Mods
Computer Specs
:
GPU: rog strix geforce gtx 1080
CPU:i7-6700k
RAM:32gb
Motherboard: asus z170
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): ssd

Last edited:
Happening to me as well.

edit: To make matters worse, it kindly autosaves after you convince the lord to join you. Autosaves you right in the loop.

Yeah. Mine did it too. I think what's happening is he was originally chasing you. When you persuaded him to join you and you exit he is still chasing you and it opens up the dialogue box. If he was not chasing you to begin with you wouldn't have gotten stuck in this loop.

Yeah I believe they are not resetting their behavior after the initial engagement when they flip sides, so they need to do some sort of reset after they switch kingdoms. I can also confirm this doesn't require multiple enemy armies, as I have had this occur in latest beta with only 1 enemy. Basically if you get engaged on, there is zero chance of turning them to your side, as you'll just get infinite looped, and have to go back to previous save (auto-save is hosed as well).

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Back
Top Bottom