Personal messages question

Users who are viewing this thread

Plasquar

Grandmaster Knight
All my personal messages are shown as a conversation.
Is it possible to include what I wrote as well?

Currently the conversation only shows what the other person wrote.

"Sent items" is currently empty and I just realized that keeping a copy of my sent PMs is turned off by default. I activated it now, will that show my messages in future conversations or just keep a copy of them in "Sent items"?

I would really like to see my PMs as a conversation with messages both from the other person and myself.  :iamamoron:

I remember Janus saying he might upgrade to Xenforo:
Janus said:
When/if SMF 2.1 reaches a stable enough state and we've upgraded to it, they include a lot of responsive changes to the SMF default theme which I will rework our theme based on.
On the other hand, if SMF 2.1 takes too long to come out (I quite like SMF, but their development has been very slow lately) or otherwise just isn't up to snuff, we may end up having to migrate over to XenForo 2.0.
Either way, I can't give a timeframe for it.
In my experience, Xenforo-powered forums have the conversation function, so brace yourself Plasquar. Can't say I'm looking forward to a like system or avatars being scaled into neat little 128x128 px boxes, though.

Plasquar said:
"Sent items" is currently empty and I just realized that keeping a copy of my sent PMs is turned off by default. I activated it now, will that show my messages in future conversations or just keep a copy of them in "Sent items"?

I would really like to see my PMs as a conversation with messages both from the other person and myself.  :iamamoron:

It should work the way you want. At least it does for me.

In the meantime I got new PMs and now that a copy of my PMs gets saved it works, yes.
I wonder why keeping a copy of your own PMs is disabled by default?

Back
Top Bottom