Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Whenever I try and host a server, it doesn't show up in the list. The console shows everything running smoothly however it doesn't show up and in my panel it says 0/0 players. Not sure what's wrong in the config or whatever the issue is.

Altis said:
Whenever I try and host a server, it doesn't show up in the list. The console shows everything running smoothly however it doesn't show up and in my panel it says 0/0 players. Not sure what's wrong in the config or whatever the issue is.

Your panel ? If you host your server from some company, you'd better directly ask them as they can get what's wrong in a glance.
When you pay a company, you pay the product and the service  :wink:.

Ra'Jiska said:
Altis said:

Your panel ? If you host your server from some company, you'd better directly ask them as they can get what's wrong in a glance.
When you pay a company, you pay the product and the service  :wink:.
I've been in direct correspondence with my hoster on TS and steam. He believe's it's a config issue but is unsure along with me.

I tried to use the module.ini patch for extra LOD meshes, and it simply doesn't work - it fails to load. Is this just a broken patch or am I doing something wrong?

My error is:

failed to load: resource/lod_armors_b.brf

-made sure to replace modules.ini with the 4.4 patch before replacing with the 4.5 patch.
-tried each one by itself as well.
-reinstalled the latest version of PW and tried it all over again.

The_Ass_Man said:
failed to load: resource/lod_armors_b.brf
That patch comes in two parts: the first is the LOD mesh resources, which basically never change, and the second is for the module.ini to load the meshes, which changes nearly every version. Apply both, and it should work.
Vornne said:
Patch adding LOD meshes for some small objects and interiors: this might cause a small FPS increase. This file should stay current for any later versions, so you might want to keep it for extracting into later PW releases; it also requires the following patch to enable it:
Patch enabling the LOD meshes in PW_4.5.0: this must be used in conjunction with the above patch; updated for 4.5.0.

Hi,

I have mounted a server with server status and server_name and everything works perfectly, but when I try to change a permission from the servername panel, the fields are marked gray but no effect on the server. I can block names by id, store session statistics but I can not change permissions.

Any ideas?

Ty boss.

Serrallonga said:
I have mounted a server with server status and server_name and everything works perfectly, but when I try to change a permission from the servername panel, the fields are marked gray but no effect on the server. I can block names by id, store session statistics but I can not change permissions.
It sounds like you have the 4.5.0 module version on your server, not 4.5.1: there was a bug found and fixed soon after the 4.5 release, that only affected servers and didn't warrant a major version bump.
Vornne said:
I have also found the bug that caused admin permissions from the name server not to be applied, in the game_receive_url_response module script: the fixed module has been uploaded as PW_4.5.1 for the full download and the patch, but only server hosters will have any difference and should update their dedicated server module (the name is still PW_4.5, and 4.5.0 clients are still fully compatible). The name server was also updated with some bug fixes, so it should be downloaded again (see the diffs on github for details).

Vornne said:
Serrallonga said:
It sounds like you have the 4.5.0 module version on your server, not 4.5.1: there was a bug found and fixed soon after the 4.5 release, that only affected servers and didn't warrant a major version bump.
Vornne said:
I have also found the bug that caused admin permissions from the name server not to be applied, in the game_receive_url_response module script: the fixed module has been uploaded as PW_4.5.1 for the full download and the patch, but only server hosters will have any difference and should update their dedicated server module (the name is still PW_4.5, and 4.5.0 clients are still fully compatible). The name server was also updated with some bug fixes, so it should be downloaded again (see the diffs on github for details).

Solved, thanks for the help.  :wink:

cj4884305 said:
(pw-scene-light)How does this light change his color
Most of the editing values for pw_ prefixed scene props are explained in the information window accessible by pressing F2 when in the "edit a scene" game mode, but before pressing control-e to actually edit it (still walking around the scene as a test character). From that information window, also accessible from module_strings.py in the module system (if you don't want to start the game):
header_strings.py said:
value 1 = flicker magnitude
value 2 = flicker interval
scale x = red, 1.00 = 100
scale y = green, 1.00 = 100
scale z = blue, 1.00 = 100
The flicker magnitude and flicker interval are passed directly on to the add_point_light_to_entity module system operation, which has this comment:
header_operations.py said:
flicker_magnitude between 0 and 100, flicker_interval is in 1/100 seconds
The scale x y and z can be modified in the scene editing properties window, or by using using the shortcut keys and mouse to adjust the scale, to mix the desired colour with RGB values.

Is there any way I can set 200, or 400 bots?

I want to test if my server can handle 200 players. And I think a bot was using half the ''bandwitdh''(wut) of a player. That's why the 400.

should something like ''set_bots 200'' do the trick?

Anani said:
Is there any way I can set 200, or 400 bots?
Only 100 is possible with the standard client, but 400 or whatever amount can be enabled if you tweak your client to raise the limit in the administrator panel presentation, like this:
Code:
diff --git a/module_presentations.py b/module_presentations.py
index 3ec82ed..89c77b3 100644
--- a/module_presentations.py
+++ b/module_presentations.py
@@ -786,7 +786,7 @@ presentations.extend([
       (position_set_y, pos1, ":cur_y"),
       (overlay_set_position, reg0, pos1),

-      (create_number_box_overlay, "$g_presentation_obj_admin_panel_bot_count", 0, 101),
+      (create_number_box_overlay, "$g_presentation_obj_admin_panel_bot_count", 0, 501),
       (position_set_x, pos1, 390),
       (position_set_y, pos1, ":cur_y"),
       (overlay_set_position, "$g_presentation_obj_admin_panel_bot_count", pos1),
Anani said:
should something like ''set_bots 200'' do the trick?
The command is "set_bot_count 200 0" (must specify team 0), but it didn't work for me (not sure why, don't have time to troubleshoot): setting it in the administrator panel works.

Back
Top Bottom