Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Glopaxi said:
I feel like you, Vornne, haven't played the mod properly in a while and are making the wrong decision with this update (No offense).
That's not really a valid point, considering PW hasn't undergone any significant game-play changes in about 2 years (perhaps even longer for combat changes). The only thing that has changed is the player-base, the meta, and the servers; none of which Vornne can do anything about.

77y_Luke said:
Glopaxi said:
I feel like you, Vornne, haven't played the mod properly in a while and are making the wrong decision with this update (No offense).
That's not really a valid point, considering PW hasn't undergone any significant game-play changes in about 2 years (perhaps even longer for combat changes). The only thing that has changed is the player-base, the meta, and the servers; none of which Vornne can do anything about.

Well, if Vorrne had played PW he probably would've done the same when he noticed how badly some horses just tanked like **** all ;p

I actually think horses are perfect now, and I've always been a bit of a cav nub. Coursers should always have been weak as ****, if the other horses have to be reduced to make that happen. So be it.

Shyana said:
Aren't you able to double horses health in the scripts with it being 100% compatible with clients? I could have sworn i did it before.
I'm almost certain it is not compatible, from previous testing: the agent_set_max_hit_points operation needs to be run identically on the server and clients otherwise the player or horse health bar appears wrong; so it is not permitted to change that operation in a server side mod, only when releasing another module with a different name.
Shyana said:
Would this remove the troop lord if they were by chance the lord of there faction?
No: it is not even part of the current release of PW, only in the unmerged "combined_word" branch, and it doesn't do anything by itself: it is used to copy slots from the unattached "crashed player" agent when that player reconnects within the allowed time.
Nekhron said:
I wont run for me.  Says it is running different version
Make sure you have at least Warband 1.158 or greater, and are connecting to a server running the same version of the module (either PW_4.4 or PW_4.5, depending on which module you have loaded).
ZeroFighterR said:
He would have done it ages ago if he played
It actually was done ages ago - see the commit date on github - just not released.

I am not sure what you mean by module... I am just entering PW and then trying to get into Persistent World Server. You mean a submod?
  Could you  please give me an example ZEROFIGHTER? 

Nekhron said:
I am not sure what you mean by module... I am just entering PW and then trying to get into Persistent World Server. You mean a submod?
  Could you  please give me an example ZEROFIGHTER?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,335630.msg7957713.html#msg7957713

Can anyone help me with my question?

I have a question regarding faction colours and banners.

How do you change the faction colour of a banner?

So if I want to swap red for blue, the banner is blue in game but the faction colour is still red.

Haven't played for a long time. Won't spend time on broken gameplay. So.
Would love to see a Classic/Vanilla server use Vornne's "Save area" and "Crash place holder" some time in the future.

Vornne said:
The "combined world / server travel" feature was mostly written years ago, as the least terrible example of storing player equipment and troop type in an external database that I could think of,
for the people who kept asking for example scripts: the scene creator places "travel area" props at the edges of the scene, which players hold "use" at for 30 seconds to store their character to the database then automatically disconnect from the server, with a message specifying the name of the other server they have travelled to; they then join that other server (which is connected to the same database) and are then loaded at the linked travel area with equipment and troop type and the entry is removed from the database, to represent travelling from one realm to another; connecting multiple Warband servers into one large world. The feature could also be used to create "save areas" for a single server, where players could use a travel scene prop placed in a non strategic area while not in active combat (since they would be undefended from other players killing them) for 30 seconds, disconnect from the server, then rejoin later to the same server, loading back inside the same travel area - avoiding the game breaking "combat logging" and "strategic log off to take people unawares later" issues that plague the common implementations.

Another excuse players use to try justify being able to teleport in and out of the game world without penalty is that they crash a lot, and don't want to die in that case: to circumvent that, I started on another feature to keep a "place holder" agent in the game world after a client is unintentionally disconnected, which the player will take over from again if they reconnect to the server within a short time. While the player is disconnected, their place holder agent can be freely attacked by other players to take the armor, items, or loot money, preventing players from using it as a way to unfairly get out of trouble (by intentionally ending the game process with the task manager, an old trick). The code in the git branch basically works, but it has multiple bugs to be fixed.

Add the PW_scene_cloudhaze
Value1: set number of clouds. You can change it if you want to have a clear sky or a cloudy one.

I keep editing the value, but I can't see any clouds, it's not explained well enough. I was hoping this could let me block the full moon with clouds, because nightime is too bright.

Osviux said:
Value1: set number of clouds. You can change it if you want to have a clear sky or a cloudy one.

I keep editing the value, but I can't see any clouds, it's not explained well enough. I was hoping this could let me block the full moon with clouds, because nightime is too bright.

You have to set a value from 0 to 100, as far as I'm concerned. Set it to about 90 and you'll get the result.

The Bowman said:
Osviux said:

You have to set a value from 0 to 100, as far as I'm concerned. Set it to about 90 and you'll get the result.

That works, but the brightness stays the same. Isn't there a way to change that? I already know about the fog.

BeerAndPretzels said:
So if I want to swap red for blue, the banner is blue in game but the faction colour is still red.
You have to edit the color specified in the module system script initialize_banner_info, linked to that banner. If you are making your own mod, fine; if you are doing it privately for your own use, nobody can complain about that; but it is not permitted in the module system usage conditions to release incompatible PW client changes like that to other people.

i am a mapper.
i want to lengthen trees and fields' the respawn time,so i input six in var2.
the fields' normal respawn time is 10min,so i think it will be respawn after 1h.
but it didn't work,there is no delay in a second.
i don't know what mistake i make.

Back
Top Bottom