Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

well im planning on making a PW server which will be for Roleplay only HARDCORE!
So when iv got it set up ill guess ill make a website aswell for the server
I dunno ill sort something out

Hi, i got banned from both the NA and EU servers without warning, or a chance to explain myself... and now i cant play  :cry: the first time i got banned from the NA server literally 10min after i started playing the mod, and just now i got banned from EU, because i killed a commoner, as an outlaw (which is allowed), but i killed him at his spawn point. a sec after i killed him, i got a message from admin saying *spawn killing is not allowed*, and then before i was able to respond and apologize, it said *you have been banned from server* i just want to PW, and i promise ill be good, can you plz un ban me Plx Plox?

stevenb63 said:
How so you reveal your money pouch to people?
Target the other player using the key or button set in the game control options (named "Select Target"), then choose the "Reveal money pouch to target" entry from the action menu.
zoo889 said:
What do books do?
Nothing of themselves; some types can be read, other types are just props.

Vornne, if you plan to update the mod further, please set the capture timer back to what it originally was before the second flag system was introduced.

No one uses second flags, and idiotic scene makers design castles so you can sneak in in many ways, which results in dow and insta capturing within 2 seconds.

Hey :smile:
Yesterday i startet playing but after i play like 30 minuts the actuell king said we can rob everyone so i rob an commoner  :shock:
the problem was that he dont give me anything so i killed him , a second later i get banned.. without a warning  :cry:
my ingame name is Thoky it will be awesome when you retake the bann..

Knüppel said:
Vornne, if you plan to update the mod further, please set the capture timer back to what it originally was before the second flag system was introduced.

No one uses second flags, and idiotic scene makers design castles so you can sneak in in many ways, which results in dow and insta capturing within 2 seconds.
Changing it from 20 seconds back to 60 would do nothing to change your problem: by "capture in 2 seconds" I presume you mean counting from when the faction relationship was changed to hostile, which could still be done just the same even if the use time was increased to 10 minutes. It's not the mod's problem that "no one" uses secondary flags, especially without any feedback in the proper thread on why those people don't want to include them. Secondary flags seem the most proper way to prevent capturing a castle too quickly and easily from one spot: it forces an attacking army to hold multiple parts of the castle or areas around, making it obvious to the owning faction that they are being besieged before the castle is fully captured.

In the development version I have already changed the castle capture script to only work if the factions were hostile at the start of using the flag pole, since recently it seems more people have become aware of the so called "ninja capping" technique. A contributing factor is extra rules some servers have about declaring other factions hostile, requiring a list of conditions or actions to be met rather than allowing lords to immediately declare if they see a member of another faction behaving suspiciously around their keep.

I have a question about this feature that was added in since 4.0:
-Passively heal very slowly, using more food for the same amount of healing than when resting in a bed.

I have noticed that classes like Sergeant, Man at Arms, and Master Smith didn't regenerate health at all after eating some food with their spawn health.

Then I tried looking into the script and found this one which I believed were the one responsible of passive healing

("check_agent_health", # server: check for armor encumbrance, poison, and passive healing effects

(agent_get_slot, ":food_amount", ":agent_id", slot_agent_food_amount),
      (try_begin),
        (gt, ":food_amount", 1),
        (store_agent_hit_points, ":hit_points", ":agent_id", 0),
        (lt, ":hit_points", 100),
        (agent_get_troop_id, ":troop_id", ":agent_id"),
        (troop_get_slot, ":min_health_percentage", ":troop_id", slot_troop_spawn_health_percent),
        (val_min, ":min_health_percentage", 50),
        (ge, ":hit_points", ":min_health_percentage"),
        (val_sub, ":food_amount", 2),
        (agent_set_slot, ":agent_id", slot_agent_food_amount, ":food_amount"),
        (store_agent_hit_points, ":hit_points", ":agent_id", 1),
        (val_add, ":hit_points", 1),
        (agent_set_hit_points, ":agent_id", ":hit_points", 1),
        (store_mod, ":remainder", ":food_amount", 3),
        (eq, ":remainder", 0), # only send food bar updates to the player's client about every 5% used
        (agent_get_player_id, ":player_id", ":agent_id"),
        (player_is_active, ":player_id"),
        (multiplayer_send_3_int_to_player, ":player_id", server_event_agent_set_slot, ":agent_id", slot_agent_food_amount, ":food_amount"),
      (try_end),

)
From what I get from the code is that if my class have the spawn health greater than 50% I will be able to passively regenerate until my current health drop below 50%
but if my class spawn health is below 50% I will be able to passively regenerate until my current health drop below the spawn health.

But when I spawn as Master Smith and ate some food my health stays at the same amount no matter how much time I wait.
So my question is how does passive regeneration suppose to work?
Have I mistakenly interpret the code?

ps. sorry for my English
ps2. sorry if this question have already been asked before

Malchazeen said:
I have noticed that classes like Sergeant, Man at Arms, and Master Smith didn't regenerate health at all after eating some food with their spawn health.
That doesn't match my testing results: as a sergeant, eating food enabled my character to passively regenerate from about half health right up to full, over a long period of time.
Malchazeen said:
From what I get from the code is that if my class have the spawn health greater than 50% I will be able to passively regenerate until my current health drop below 50%
but if my class spawn health is below 50% I will be able to passively regenerate until my current health drop below the spawn health.
No, your understanding isn't correct: the val_min operation corresponds to the min() function of other programming languages in that it selects the minimum value from the left and right parameters, storing in the left parameter; this means that characters can passively heal when between 50% and 99% health, unless their troop's respawn health percentage is less than 50%, when passive healing can happen from the respawn percentage up to full health - so all characters that have not received any damage since spawning can passively heal (slowly), giving a slight advantage to top tier troops with access to food.
iTry Hyperion said:
My firewall prevents me from downloading this. Any Advice?  :oops:
I highly doubt your firewall has anything to do with it: firewalls on personal computers generally just block traffic originating externally, not affecting downloads. If you have some sort of stupidly restrictive antivirus software that doesn't allow you the choice to make an exception to download a file that it deems suspicious, you should probably uninstall it and replace with something better.

Hello.
My name is Dmitriy. I am a historian from Russia, from Moscow State University. I know, you receive a huge amount of messages as mod author, so I am not the only one contacting you, but I think, there is a low percent of historians in this crowd of players. Please, read this.

The topic I want to discuss is weapon balance, that is unrealistic in some areas of it in Native and, therefore, in Persistent World. My message is devided into paragraphs, so you can easilly orient in it.

Problem 1. Thrusting polearms.

I find thrusting polearms (pikes, lances) to be severely underpowered weapon type, because their weaknesses are almost represented, but benefits — almost ingored. In real life you can thrust not only downwards, you can do it in unlimited amount of directions. You also cannot block the thrust — you must parry it, and this problem also comes to all thrusts, including swords. You can also change that direction quickly, spamming your enemy with very quick storm of thrusts due to very cool weapon speed - in real life the speed of the polearm thrust is much, much higher than speed of one-handed sword, because you move only the head of the polearm. The longer the pole, the faster the speed — I thing, it is clear. And the last problem — the polearm is tangible. Even if I am not attacking, you can't go through my pole.
How to solve it? I think, it is all very easy to do.
Some weapons from Warband, like throwing axes, for example, have two modes. Let thrusting polearms have two modes too — «combat mode» and «peace mode». The modes must be marked on the icon, so the wearer must always know the mode he is using now. The default mode is peace mode. So, in peace mode your pike or lance is oriented in the sky, and you hold it as you hold the pike in M&B:F&S. Hits are swings that deal blunt damage. In combat mode all 4 directions are thrusts, that penetrate any block and can only be parried. The weapon is oriented at the enemy and if he tries to go through it and collides with the HEAD of the polearm, he receives little damage and is pushed, or something like that.
Some polearms, like Halberd or Pole Hammer, must also have two modes, one mode is kept like they are, and the other must me a mode with only thrusts.

But they must receive one weakness to be balanced. First, it is impossible to wear a pike on your back. It is possible with a bow or crossbow, with a sword, but not with a pike. You must either drop it if you want to switch to a sword or put it anywhere like in cart. You can't also ride a horse with a 6-meter long pike — only with lance, that is normally shorter.

How to deal with pikemen than? You must either be a master of parry, or you must take a shield. If you take a shield, the pikeman must feint to receive a spot unprotected by shield.

Shields

Also about shields. The skill makes your shield more than it really is. I think, the skill must be 0 for every class, or, probably, only 5 for the Lord class — which is more powerful than any other class. Let the players train to work with shields by the hand. Or you can also remove skill effects except the shield speed, because you really work faster with a shield if you practice. But in both cases all shields must receive then a small (SMALL) bonus to resistance and health.

Crossbows

In real life crossbows were a little bit different. The stats of most part of them in Native Warband are actually the stats of the lightest crossbows, used normally by hunters or such other people. In real battles people used normally heavier ones. Many of crossbows used at war could one-hit a knight in plate armor from 25 meters, but needed like 40 seconds to reload. It was so much, so the Board shield was designed at that time. Medium-powered ones needed like 15-20 seconds to reload and could one-hit a man in leather or chain mail. Light ones could one-hit a man in leather armor and severely injure a man in mail armor. Of course, NONE of them could be either shot or reloaded on horseback. And the main weakness — the accuracy. It was not as the accuracy of crossbows in Native, it was like accuracy of firearms in F&S (fits crossbows, not firearms).

Next part of my post is about the things that don't connect historical balance, but that I find needed to be fixed. Read that as if a it was written by a non-historian. It's about cart/pack problems.

Inventory problems. I think, they all can be solved by an inventory window openable in C-interface or a special button (like I in Native). This button must open a window with your inventory and cart/pack, if any. And the problems I see. First, two inventory bugs.

1. There are some items you cannot drop, like arrows, and that just take space in your inventory or packs/carts. There must be a way to drop any item — with a question whether the player is sure: «Are you sure, that you want to drop Barbed arrows?».
2. If you have a pack attached to a horse, and if you put all your items in the pack, you can't open it — you need to have something in a hand to access the inventory. Let it be accessable as said already, by the button, or change the bar. Let it be then like in the bank — if you full it AND have nothing in hands, you detach the pack, if you don't full it, you access it. Or, probably, delete this function completely from «use» key, because it exists in C-interface.

The next problem also addresses cart/pack. There are a lot of thiefs everywhere. When you sell some items from cart to stockpile, they come and sell YOUR items. Even if you kill a thief, you can't refund all of your money if he has already sold some of things. There must be some way, probably, in C-interface, that will lock or unlock the cart/pack for other people. They will be able to see the items, but not to take them or to put something. I think, something mus be done with it.

Thank you for reading that.
Best regards,
Baskakov Dmitriy.

Polearms were pretty god damn scary in real life. Even more scary with a shield (phalanxes?). But this is just the gameplay. I think if you changed the polearms to this, you'd be changing a whole lot of the game. Even though spears and pikes were cheaper and easier to make than swords (correct me if I'm wrong), most of the metagame is in swords and 140 length spears. Making it so you can only block polearms with a shield sounds very unbalanced. Vornne doesn't even have mauls in the game because it breaks blocks with overheads.

The whole point of making crossbows accurate but not incredibly powerful is making the game fun. Nobody wants to play with inaccurate crossbows if it takes 40 seconds to reload, and nobody wants to go against crossbows if it one-shots you (I'm guessing it won't break shields as easily though). People prefer to play with crossbows as if they were accurate, but slow bows.

I wish we could have an openable inventory window. But most of the cart/pack problems are probably engine limitations.

Hello i love this! nice release. Is there a way we can get the server source code? and the program you compiled/made it with?

Back
Top Bottom