Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Chevalier Bayard said:
Tell me, are the files OSPs ? I mean, can I use them for another Warband mod ? (for example if I want to take one  .brf file and the corresponding textures)
I would avoid the vague label "OSP" since it can mean many different things: the meshes and textures used in PW are available under the same usage restrictions as the module system - explained in the stickied thread in the mod development board - but with the additional restriction that they are almost all based on Native Warband meshes or textures, so can only be used in Warband (or NW) mods, not with WFaS, original M&B, or other games (unlike most "OSP"s which are new textures and meshes created from scratch).

Time for a very small release: basically just a single "secondary capture points" feature, with the recently requested faction banners.
4.1.0:
Add secondary castle capture points, which must be taken before the castle can be conquered at a primary point.
Reduce capture point use time from 60 to 20 seconds, to compensate for adding secondary points.
Change the capture point collision object to reduce targeting problems.
Remove the sf_2d flag from ambience loops, since recent warband versions can't set flags with play_sound.
Player requested banners.
Castle capturing on existing scenes should remain working just as it always has: secondary capture points can be added by placing the same "pw_castle_capture_point" props but setting value 2 to 1 or 2: 1 for a type of secondary point where all linked to a castle must be taken before a primary point can be used to capture the castle, and 2 for secondary points where only one of that type linked to a castle needs to be captured first.

I messed up the module name with the 4.0.0 release: the intention was incrementing the second number would indicate compatibility breaking changes, and incrementing the third number for smaller fixes or changes that remain compatible with previous servers and clients. So even though the current release number is 4.1.0, the correct module name is PW_4.1 (and would remain the same if 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 were released).

Jean_a_Normandie said:
Building  :eek: Sailing  :eek: Peaceful RP  :shock:
Where is this game which you describe? In PW i never saw this. Always f****d by Outlaws or randomed by others. If you wish to go the peaceful path you need Tetris not PW. And sadly in the most cases a good RP, on which server is equal, isn´t helping.

oh, just realized that my qoute goes to an reply which is years old...

But Thanks to the Dev team for offering us a new version!

Ingbrand said:
Jean_a_Normandie said:
Building  :eek: Sailing  :eek: Peaceful RP  :shock:
Where is this game which you describe?
I never described anything of the sort. That quote was someone (years ago) skim reading an explanation and totally misunderstanding it: this mod and game engine is not optimal or designed for traditional "peaceful RP" - in other words non-competitive, fully consensual acting out of a predetermined story - but is created for dynamic, interactive, and competitive play, trying to introduce more actual roles that are necessary or worthwhile to play than just plain death matching.

Vornne said:
Time for a very small release: basically just a single "secondary capture points" feature, with the recently requested faction banners.
4.1.0:
Add secondary castle capture points, which must be taken before the castle can be conquered at a primary point.
Reduce capture point use time from 60 to 20 seconds, to compensate for adding secondary points.
Change the capture point collision object to reduce targeting problems.
Remove the sf_2d flag from ambience loops, since recent warband versions can't set flags with play_sound.
Player requested banners.
Castle capturing on existing scenes should remain working just as it always has: secondary capture points can be added by placing the same "pw_castle_capture_point" props but setting value 2 to 1 or 2: 1 for a type of secondary point where all linked to a castle must be taken before a primary point can be used to capture the castle, and 2 for secondary points where only one of that type linked to a castle needs to be captured first.

I messed up the module name with the 4.0.0 release: the intention was incrementing the second number would indicate compatibility breaking changes, and incrementing the third number for smaller fixes or changes that remain compatible with previous servers and clients. So even though the current release number is 4.1.0, the correct module name is PW_4.1 (and would remain the same if 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 were released).

I was not expecting it, but i appreciate the call. Just tell me. The castle (door, money chest) don't change hands until both of the banner point are captured in the same time ? Can the defender recapture a secondary castle ?

Aldric said:
The castle (door, money chest) don't change hands until both of the banner point are captured in the same time ? Can the defender recapture a secondary castle ?
No training stations, doors, or other locks change over until a primary point (value 2 = 0, the same as previously) is captured. The secondary points only change the flag on top of that pole, nothing else; they are just an extra step that must be done before capturing a castle, so players might have to take the gatehouse, an outpost, another tower, or whatever else before the main keep, rather than being able to sneak in and "ninja cap" without much actual fighting.

seriously ..... the admin are overdue
because they not only protect their
people have the right to kill you for no reason
I was outlaw I'm an ambush with 3 other friends
we kill the guard (the faction kill us for no reason)
I was killed by the admin without reason and it makes the other equipment
thank you
ps: If you're French, are doing this insult and always wrong

thank you again for the admin that we ignore

Okay i will try this this sunday.
I have a castle with faction 4 (VAR1: 4, VAR2:0)
They have a town and a outpost on (VAR1 : 4 , VAR2: 1)
What will happen when someone capture a town or an outpost will it say anything ?
Does the players have to capture all the 3 point to capture it and what happen if they short cut to the main (VAR2 : 0) point ? 

Aldric said:
I have a castle with faction 4 (VAR1: 4, VAR2:0)
Presumably you mean a pw_castle_capture_point prop with those values.
Aldric said:
What will happen when someone capture a town or an outpost will it say anything ?
Only the banner on top of that pole will change, no announcement.
Aldric said:
Does the players have to capture all the 3 point to capture it and what happen if they short cut to the main (VAR2 : 0) point ?
Yes, if all points are using 1 in value 2 (means all secondary points must be captured first), but if you used 2 in value 2 (one secondary point captured first) they could either capture the town or the outpost before the castle. If someone tries to capture the castle when the required secondary points are not captured by their faction, they will just get an error message.

The default scene has been updated with secondary capture points: you could just host a test server and get some friends to see how it works.

hi guys,

i downloaded this mod but every time i try to enter a server it says "connection to server is lost." could you help me?
thanks.

ÖmerHalil said:
i downloaded this mod but every time i try to enter a server it says "connection to server is lost." could you help me?
thanks.
Warband modules do not handle initially connecting to the server, that is part of the game engine. If the server seems populated with other people that can connect fine (ruling out a dedicated server configuration problem), you should probably check the main Warband technical support forum board: there is a sticky thread related to your problem, and you might want to try searching that board for other relevant threads, using the search box at top right.
Aidan said:
Insert the German Language please :grin:
If you mean translating the PW interface, I can't do it since I only know a few German words; someone else is free to make a translation pack which people can download and apply to their module (if anybody wants to, ask me for a basic guide on how to set that up). Some people translated PW into French a while back: the only problem is that PW updates more often than third parties might want to keep their translations updated, so I don't know of any fully compatible with the latest version.

Back
Top Bottom