Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Anyway to bypass locks on doors without lockpicking?
"Teleport" doors, you mean? Sorry, no, and you can't even pick the locks: lockpicking only works on money chests at the moment (it's a very recently added feature). To do it, you have to get a lockpick (ask an outlaw), and then "use" a money chest: if you hear a click at the end, you failed and the chest is still locked, if you hear nothing, you can open the money bag window and take out of the chest. You can try it with any troop, but unless your looting skill is high, the chance of success is very low.
hakjimmy said:
I played on the  server for 5 hours so Its not like I disconnect right after I join a faction. I am sure I joined a faction  and be a serf for more than 4 hours and then I quit
and many ppl on our server also complain about they only got the money left but without the stats and faction being saved  they respawn being a peasant with thousands of money.
Hm... it worked for me, the last time I tried; though I have had to fix that code so many times during development. Edit: I tested this on the RCC server by disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times: I always got the correct faction, troop, and gold back; so it at least works fine most of the time. After a server reset, you will be reset to a peasant commoner, but with starting gold; depending on the server settings it's possible to start the game with up to 10000 gold.

Erm, i never had a bug when you disconnect and when you come back you lose your faction. You should wait at least a minute for stats to be saved.

i dont think that anybody had read this so i post it again:

hi i have a few things what u can do to make this mod to the best mod ever:

put in:
-npcs like bandits, merchants and villagers
-make merchants to buy items without crafting (it should be more expensive but so can even fractions without an good enginneer have a chance)
-make quests
-make that u can buy good equipment ,not for 1 life, but  for 3 hours or so
and less good equipment for ever (but it should be very expensive to buy eq for ever)
- make night and day
-weather
-use that mod for better graphics
-health should be regt slowlie by self because it is ****t to after every bad combat to a bed
- a bigger map would be great
-and make better siege with ladders and siege towers pls
-players should be spawn every 3 minutes or so, because when u siege a castle every 5 seconds where are new defenders (today we where 30 men and the enemy 10 and they win because they spawn there)
- make one rollplay server and one withoout rollplay (but also kick random killers)
-and skilling like in crpg and leveling for ever (with max level or very slow leveling from level 20 or so)

i think if u do all this things everyone plays pw mod and crpg dies xD (i hates crpg because its just fighting and u must play 30 hours to get a level with that u can fight and dont be killed all 10 seconds)

Here is the progress. I have finished the Khergit Castle and added more interiors. Also the Commeners will now have the town and will be able to train as lord.

mb7i.jpg
mb8iy.jpg
mb9gy.jpg
mb10v.jpg
mb11l.jpg
mb12g.jpg
mb13j.jpg
mb14v.jpg
mb15.jpg
mb16.jpg
mb17.jpg
mb18z.jpg

Some features: You can't jump on the roofs anymore; Faction members spawn outside castles (except for Commoners); Outlaws spawn on the "Treasure Island"; The island has amazing ore resources; The map is designed to improve the cooperation between players and locations; It will use "Scene 2".

I still need suggestions for the new castle.

Vornne said:
CalenLoki said:
Could you make possible to tie export prop to castle, the way that each sold resource gives some auto tax to castle treasury?
Hmm, probably; do you think 20% (tax recieved when buying from a stockpile, in alpha4) is a good percentage? Or I could maybe use var2 as the tax percentage, since there is no stack count?
20% is good, no need for variables IMO
CalenLoki said:
I'd still like to see unbreakable dungeon doors (making each cell with portcuils and winch is a bit overkill). breakable is no go, because prisoner would just smash them down sooner or later.
They can be either openable only from outside or only by castle owners + by lockpick.
I can remove the hit triggers from some of the dungeon doors, but door lockpicking isn't implemented yet - might not get to it for a while.
If not lockpicking, then openable only from outside by anyone please.

Vornne said:
aliabdali said:
Read the first post; almost everything you said is either specified it's not going to happen, or that it might be added eventually.
Swadian Man at Arms said:
Also the Commeners will now have the town and will be able to train as lord.
You are using the code in a way I don't support; you might run into problems: commoners can't capture castles and a whole bunch of other things. "Commoners" owning a town or being a lord are what you might call oxymorons.
CalenLoki said:
20% is good, no need for variables IMO
Too late, it's already added as var2 :wink: Only one extra module system operation.
CalenLoki said:
Hmm, that would be annoying, not working in with the current system - some doors might be wanted unlocked, currently that is signalled by specifying the commoner faction, while castle doors are locked both sides by the owner faction - might figure something out eventually. Wouldn't bolted only (rather than locked with a key) jail doors be rather unlikely?

Vornne said:
CalenLoki said:
Hmm, that would be annoying, not working in with the current system - some doors might be wanted unlocked, currently that is signalled by specifying the commoner faction, while castle doors are locked both sides by the owner faction - might figure something out eventually. Wouldn't bolted only (rather than locked with a key) jail doors be rather unlikely?
problem with indestructible doors locked by castle key is that rescuing prisoners would be impossible without capturing castle. Bolted grille doors are indeed  a bit unrealistic, but it's the only way to do it without lockpicking doors. Eventually dungeon doors can be full-wooden - then it's absolutely correct to lock them only with bolt.

Seriously guys i dont get why you think this mod is so complicated, it took me just 1-2 hours to understand what to do and the different features of this mod. I even understood crafting alone!

Actually how much do you need to capture a castle, casue today it didnt work for me, but i had 800 denars.

Something bad happend with the Server 3:30 eastern time today

It lagged and it was reset 3 times and people were screaming hackers

Anyone know what happened?

CalenLoki said:
problem with indestructible doors locked by castle key is that rescuing prisoners would be impossible without capturing castle. Bolted grille doors are indeed  a bit unrealistic, but it's the only way to do it without lockpicking doors. Eventually dungeon doors can be full-wooden - then it's absolutely correct to lock them only with bolt.
Hm, I'll try come up with something... maybe have the var2 "default open / closed" have another setting for bolted doors.

Suggestion:
Admin class

can open all doors
good stats for wielding anything and running faster than getaway rulebreakers

also, is it possible to make it so when you go invisible, your 'c' name appears as " "?

Splintert said:
Suggestion:
Admin class

can open all doors

also, is it possible to make it so when you go invisible, your 'c' name appears as " "?

For anyone against this, remember this would only be used for Admin purposes. Using this class while actually playing to give yourself an edge would be breaking RCC rules for admin, subjecting yourself to punishment.

Splintert said:
Admin class
can open all doors
Admin class sounds reasonably easy, and might get done soon, otherwise go on the list of things put off for a later version. Names are client side, so players could disable it if they wanted, but I can try make the script check for armor wielded (I think it works client side) and not show name tag if so; note that shadows are not possible to be disabled, as they are not controllable with the module system.

Pisatel: customary developer rules apply here: I don't answer release date requests (unless you have a very good reason, like being a major server hoster wanting to work other things around it).

No, player names are entirely hard coded, only able to be set manually by the players. I meant players could enable back invisible admin names client side with txt file modding, but that would be very difficult for most people (I could do it fairly easily, the same with a bunch of other hacks).

you could secretly do it via an update.
would there be a way to pass a parameter when you show names, then make that parameter to be nothing?

i'm thinking all of this in c# because that's what i know, sorry if i sound dumb.

Back
Top Bottom