Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Alanicus said:
Hey everyone, I'm new. Really excited to play, but, I have a problem.
When I try to connect to your servers it says it's not compatible with my module, and it offers me to go to Taleworlds forums.

Please help? :sad:

P.S
Yes, I've extracted all the files into the native folder.

P.S 2
Think I've fixed it, just had to rename. :grin:

:ohdear:

You're not meant to extract anything into the native folder. The native folder is the vanilla game, and if you overwrite it... You won't be able to play vanilla, be it MP or SP. The correct way to install PW is to extract the PW 4.5/4.5.1 folder into your modules folder. You should never have to overwrite anything or put it into any sub folders. Well, unless you're updating PW.

If you're using steam, I suggest validating cache integrity to recover your native folder.

Wondering if anyone could help me!!!! Been trying to download the Persistent world 4.5.1 Module but been having problems. When I downloaded it I had to download a RAR opener to open the file in which it worked. I copied and pasted the file into the Mount and blade warband modules. The module shows up on the start screen in which the opening credits play then the game crashes and states ' could not open file resource/ pw_shaders' then stops playing. any suggestion would be welcome I am not the best with computers.

This mod has had its ups and downs all this years, and, its managed to survive. Now its time to attract players and make it better. There's been a suggestion (thought impossible) that players have kept repeating all these years: Bring 3D positional voice chat to PW. Basically, this would mean that players standing close to each other would be able to talk using a microphone, and their voices would fade out as they walked away from each other. Imagine how the game would look like with this: Bards, merchants, assassins; all role-players would have a great tool to build their characters. Also, since people are faster at speaking than at typing, it could decrease random attacks, improve the way people call for help in fights, and give people being robbed a chance to respond before their head-shot by those annoying bandits.
Now, to the technical part. If you have no programming background, you might want to stop reading here, and pass on the word to someone that does. Positional chat has been done before in Warband, through the use of Mumble, which supports 3D based voice chat. (Here's some proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBZTydpLefE ) Unfortunately, through the newer updates, Warband has become unsupported (Or, I'm really bad and i couldn't find the way). In any case, Mumble supports plugins, coded in C++, to allow games they don't support yet to be added to the collection. There is a guide, with most of the coding done already, that will walk you through all the steps, accessible here ( https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Pluginguide ) So far, neither me nor my clan-members with programming backgrounds have been able to get it working, but that might have to do with the fact that we don't have a lot of experience at it. Please, to any programmer that reads this, take a stab at the code on your free time, and see if you can get it working, and I assure you the PW community will appreciate it a lot! :smile:

Andrew2401 said:
This mod has had its ups and downs all this years, and, its managed to survive. Now its time to attract players and make it better. There's been a suggestion (thought impossible) that players have kept repeating all these years: Bring 3D positional voice chat to PW. Basically, this would mean that players standing close to each other would be able to talk using a microphone, and their voices would fade out as they walked away from each other. Imagine how the game would look like with this: Bards, merchants, assassins; all role-players would have a great tool to build their characters. Also, since people are faster at speaking than at typing, it could decrease random attacks, improve the way people call for help in fights, and give people being robbed a chance to respond before their head-shot by those annoying bandits.
Now, to the technical part. If you have no programming background, you might want to stop reading here, and pass on the word to someone that does. Positional chat has been done before in Warband, through the use of Mumble, which supports 3D based voice chat. (Here's some proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBZTydpLefE ) Unfortunately, through the newer updates, Warband has become unsupported (Or, I'm really bad and i couldn't find the way). In any case, Mumble supports plugins, coded in C++, to allow games they don't support yet to be added to the collection. There is a guide, with most of the coding done already, that will walk you through all the steps, accessible here ( https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Pluginguide ) So far, neither me nor my clan-members with programming backgrounds have been able to get it working, but that might have to do with the fact that we don't have a lot of experience at it. Please, to any programmer that reads this, take a stab at the code on your free time, and see if you can get it working, and I assure you the PW community will appreciate it a lot! :smile:

No.
The community is toxic enough, chat would just make it worse

I have a question:

Is this mod even still in development? Like I haven't seen any dev-recruitment threads or something.
I'd like to make some 3d models for the mod as I've got some time at my hands atm.

The development has achieved its main goals for now, and the author is unlikely to recruit people or create a team, as far as I know. Regarding 3D items, there have been some rare occasions when non-Native resources were accepted, but only if very necessary (e.g. the default resources could not make up for the mod features).

I got banned from Celestial_NA on my first day back because the admin (Harkath) banned the wrong person, and now here I am, trying to figure out how to get unbanned because the admin on at the time didn't care what was going on on the server because he was hosting a tournament, and didn't unban me after his mistake. So yeah, that's how this is going for me.

Captain Connner said:
Nero said:
That moment you beat the server owner in a ft7 and you get perm banned LOL

Which server? xP

Hey conner, when will you reinstate the town watch? Nörds.

Also did you get rid of the admin who liked to murder people for the lulz (You know, the admin with his own clan of toxic assassins)?

Back
Top Bottom