Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Vornne said:
Knüppel said:
Got to say at this point, armor looting and server admins refilling stocks sadly break the concept of the mod these days, it's almost only tdm with a few volunteers who fancy the mod doing serf and smithing works, and 9 out of 10 players being footman-looters.
Faction management nowadays is basically degraded to command a personal retinue of soldiers over teamspeak, instead ot actually organize your faction and maintain your territory economy-wise.
The main things that drastically break the "concept of the mod" on popular unofficial servers these days are the infinite item saving and the abstract "banks" used to store unlimited amounts of money that is impossible to lose however stupidly people play: these things depreciate the economic aspects of the mod, as I previously said they would.

There is big problem. If there would be no any banks. Then u could not store money anywhere. And holding all many is sick. Who does it in real life?

If there would be place that u can put money but u can also robb that place then poeople would lost they money every night.

Byamarro said:
Vornne said:
Knüppel said:
Got to say at this point, armor looting and server admins refilling stocks sadly break the concept of the mod these days, it's almost only tdm with a few volunteers who fancy the mod doing serf and smithing works, and 9 out of 10 players being footman-looters.
Faction management nowadays is basically degraded to command a personal retinue of soldiers over teamspeak, instead ot actually organize your faction and maintain your territory economy-wise.
The main things that drastically break the "concept of the mod" on popular unofficial servers these days are the infinite item saving and the abstract "banks" used to store unlimited amounts of money that is impossible to lose however stupidly people play: these things depreciate the economic aspects of the mod, as I previously said they would.

There is big problem. If there would be no any banks. Then u could not store money anywhere. And holding all many is sick. Who does it in real life?

If there would be place that u can put money but u can also robb that place then poeople would lost they money every night.

Well in real life, people banded together to prevent getting robbed. But the robbers started banding together too. So naturally the people have to designate people to have the sole purpose of defending them against bandits, in return for food. So now we have a system of nobles and peasants. A lot like the mod.

That being said, automatic banking sort of messes with this a bit.

Byamarro said:

This is a medieval combat simulator, not including modern day massive international banks with practically impervious security and ATMs to transfer money in and out of instantly; during that historical period you had to store valuables in locked chests deep inside castles with plenty of loyal soldiers to guard them, hide them very carefully, or risk being robbed entirely when the next "warband" comes rampaging through. The official PW design is less harsh that the reality.

:roll:

Vornne

I have stack of errors while server executing cfg file commands:

hCk1oiqPD58.jpg

cfg text was taken from this forum tutorial pages.

set_pass_admin 1
set_add_to_game_servers_list 0
set_server_name my_server
set_welcome_message Welcome!
set_max_players 100 110
set_mission conquest                  # other options: quick_battle, no_money
set_map scene_14                      # this is the map that is started first
add_map scene_14                      # this adds scene_2 to the rotation
set_factions 0 0                      # this is ignored by the mod, but warband needs it to start
set_team_point_limit 0                # if 1 or above, when a faction holds all castles for this many minutes, the mission ends
set_force_default_armor 2            # set this to 1 to make killed commoners drop no loot, 2 to disable "team kills" for commoners and outlaws
set_disallow_ranged_weapons 0        # set this to 1 to disable combat troops respawning with partial health
set_num_bots_voteable 50              # set this to the maximum number of herd animals
set_valid_vote_ratio 60              # percent of players voting yes for a poll to succeed
set_starting_gold 100                # adjustment in percent to the default starting gold of 30 - 100
set_combat_gold_bonus 100            # adjustment in percent to the default 10-20% of gold dropped on death
set_map_time_limit 1440              # start next scene once a day
set_round_max_seconds 600            # time in seconds before items are removed; set the same value in module.ini for mission_object_prune_time
scale_squad 50                        # percentage of stockpile target count setting to start the mission with
set_upload_limit 580000              # set this to the correct value for your server bandwidth (explained in the previously linked tutorial)
set_respawn_period 25
set_maps_voteable 0
set_kick_voteable 0
set_ban_voteable 0
set_control_block_direction 1
set_combat_speed 2
start

So, server works correctly except those commands do not affects on it. All wrong parameters sets like default ones.
Is it common situation? And how can i solve it? Thank you.

aradriel said:
Is it common situation? And how can i solve it? Thank you.
I haven't seen that type of error message before; all I can think of to suggest is to ensure you are using the required version 1.158 of the Warband dedicated server.

Vornne said:
Byamarro said:

This is a medieval combat simulator, not including modern day massive international banks with practically impervious security and ATMs to transfer money in and out of instantly; during that historical period you had to store valuables in locked chests deep inside castles with plenty of loyal soldiers to guard them, hide them very carefully, or risk being robbed entirely when the next "warband" comes rampaging through. The official PW design is less harsh that the reality.

:roll:

As a dev designer for the PW or Submod spin-off you would suggest to prevent or limit off map money account ?
Does a ingame breakable auto bank within a players held establishement or castle would work. ( like templar bank in a castle where people can make deposit but that can still be looted by warband )

Aldric said:
As a dev designer for the PW or Submod spin-off you would suggest to prevent or limit off map money account ?
I think the game play becomes pretty pointless with safe long term storage of money and items, reducing to mindless grinding at a certain time when there is little competition and a scene with a bug or design that allows extremely easy money or item acquisition, then being able to log on for months afterwards with the ability to repeatedly troll around bothering other players, with little care for the current situation of the game world.
Aldric said:
Does a ingame breakable auto bank within a players held establishement or castle would work. ( like templar bank in a castle where people can make deposit but that can still be looted by warband )
I don't understand the major difference to the existing castle money chests? This mod is designed for continuous or interrupted play sessions over a few hours to a few days, and then starting afresh, not an endless unbroken time line over months or years: since the combat system and world environment is quite fast and fluid (by the design of M&B multiplayer), it does not seem proper to expect that players should maintain an online presence all day, every day.

You either make a game where changes are limited to being slow enough that players can react once a day or a few times a week, or you make it reset often rather than continue endlessly.

So quick question, how does the "showing other nearby players your purse" work? I tried it several times with an outlaw (to prove to him I was dead broke) and couldn't get it to work which nearly got me killed. It kept saying "No target selected" despite me looking at him point blank and mashing the F12 key. I thought at first it had to do with having no gold at all but it failed again when I had some on me. Any suggestions?

thebarbarian09 said:
So quick question, how does the "showing other nearby players your purse" work?
Use the basic control to select from dead agent loot piles, and use shift with the control to select from nearby living agents (to show your money bag).

When the feature was originally added, the "select target" control (renamed "quick save" control of Native) was used only to select living agents for the target of the "show money bag" feature or for various admin tools; but when the feature to store and view looted items for longer than the 30 seconds after agent death, it seemed that the looting feature would be used much more often, so it took over the standard usage of the control, and to target living agents was made to require holding the shift key, also.

As I generally remind people when talking about this feature: don't call it the "F12" key. I strongly suggest people change it in the Warband control options to something more convenient, nearer the movement keys, or even as a mouse button if you have more than standard.

hello everyone ive a problem.when i start playing a black chat take place at the uppier place of the screen and show my faction chat only.i dont know if this is a bug or if i pressed any command.ty for the comments and sorry for bad english  :razz:

Its a feature

hold C and there should be a local chat option or something there. You can enable this box or remove it and change the chat filter from faction to local and vice versa

if the server your playing on has it, then it should be a stand or stall, with a NPC (you can tell from the crappy textures they have) standing behind it.

If you mean the scripts to use on your own server you have to make them yourself.

Back
Top Bottom