Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

I love all the new stuff and can't think of very many ways to improve the mod. It has been my favorite Warband mod for quite a while now, and I have enjoyed each update without second thoughts.

After being away for a while, I came back to play some with my friend. In the past, I would sometimes put on a used peasant dress and a used wimple; my male face would be clean shaven, and people never looked twice. With me being an undercover transvestite and my friend a burly female soldier, it made the game quite fun and there was no harm to the roleplay; the sexist vendor rids the servers of the initial wave of impatient "trolls" that would otherwise make the gender option in character customization pointless.
  As I was saying, I came back with my friend. He managed to put some dresses into a box as a woman, and then I tried to put on the peasant dress. Apparently, the latest update included entirely sexist women's clothing, so me and my friend were deeply rustled.

I think that having no possible way for a man to wear women's clothing only harms the roleplay. I am completely fine with the sexist stockpiles, as they prevent servers from being flooded with androgynous miners, but having no backdoor route for actors or harlequins is simply unfair.

Could you PLEASE bring back the MINIMAL cross-dressing? The mod just wouldn't be the same.

shoeberrypie said:
I love all the new stuff and can't think of very many ways to improve the mod. It has been my favorite Warband mod for quite a while now, and I have enjoyed each update without second thoughts.

After being away for a while, I came back to play some with my friend. In the past, I would sometimes put on a used peasant dress and a used wimple; my male face would be clean shaven, and people never looked twice. With me being an undercover transvestite and my friend a burly female soldier, it made the game quite fun and there was no harm to the roleplay; the sexist vendor rids the servers of the initial wave of impatient "trolls" that would otherwise make the gender option in character customization pointless.
  As I was saying, I came back with my friend. He managed to put some dresses into a box as a woman, and then I tried to put on the peasant dress. Apparently, the latest update included entirely sexist women's clothing, so me and my friend were deeply rustled.

I think that having no possible way for a man to wear women's clothing only harms the roleplay. I am completely fine with the sexist stockpiles, as they prevent servers from being flooded with androgynous miners, but having no backdoor route for actors or harlequins is simply unfair.

Could you PLEASE bring back the MINIMAL cross-dressing? The mod just wouldn't be the same.

I hereby nominate you for silliest post 2013.

A bunch of questions that can all have short answers :razz:
Dark_Hamlet said:
Vornne, how does the "no_money" setting works? Do the stockpiles still need to be filled?  For example, do I still have to mine iron ores, take the resources back to the castle, so a smith can use it to craft a weapon, which then can be taken freely?
Yes.
gamester494 said:
Beta tested this on Union no problems have been found.
Thanks.
Azrayel said:
How do boarlet/fawn spawns work with no money? You can spawn them until it hits the server's limit?
Yes.
shoeberrypie said:
Could you PLEASE bring back the MINIMAL cross-dressing?
Nope.

YakuzaSlayer said:
Can someone tell me what has been changed from 4.1.0 to 4.2.0 ? please =]

Vornne said:
4.2.0:
Add a "quick battle" game type which disables crafting and stock counts, allowing unlimited item buying.
Add a "no money" game type where items can be freely taken from and given to stockpiles, money doesn't exist.
Allow faction members to restart as a peasant commoner when respawning.
Add a herdsman troop.
Give the traveler troop 2 tailoring.
Increase power strike for some lower tier troops.
Check fishing net placement in the loop as well, in case moved with a cart.
Change the wording of the peasant training station use string.
Requested castle name.

Is anybody able to explain how Cows work now?

As in , what class you need to raise/grow them. I heard that you need to feed them but i'm not sure exactly how that works.

Welcome.After installing "PW_4.2.0_lod_patch.rar & PW_4_lod_meshes_patch.rar" I get this error
errorhd.png
How to resolve this problem? 

JohnRocket said:
After installing "PW_4.2.0_lod_patch.rar & PW_4_lod_meshes_patch.rar" I get this error
Sorry: when updating for 4.2 I merged with a wrong (testing) version. A correct PW_4.2.0_lod_patch.rar file has been uploaded.

I'd post in the other board about this but I don't actually have plans to do this myself; is it possible for a server to add 'new' items (ones that are already in Native but not PW) by changing the server side scripts, without breaking compatibility?

Splintert said:
I'd post in the other board about this but I don't actually have plans to do this myself; is it possible for a server to add 'new' items (ones that are already in Native but not PW) by changing the server side scripts, without breaking compatibility?
No, definitely not. Added items will break server <-> client synchronisation messages (ids won't match). Other mods that seemingly enable "new" items from Native always had those items, just not available for multiplayer; PW is different to almost every other mod in that it is not based on Native: all scripts, mission templates, items, and everything else not readded for PW (like sounds, animations, scene props) were totally removed rather than just left unused.

Welcome again.Thx for repaired Lod patch it really improvmented my fps and game is more smooth.Why dont you include this patch with full PW module?

Back
Top Bottom